[RECOVERY][SGH-M819N]TWRP 2.8.5.0 Touch Recovery for MetroPCS Mega 6.3[2015-03-11]

Search This thread
TWRP 2.8.5.0 for the SGH-M819N MetroPCS Mega 6.3

With permission from the highly skilled developer who generously took his time to create this build, I share with you Team Win Recovery Project version 2.8.5.0 for the MetroPCS Mega 6.3 (SGH-M819N). I can't take any credit for this build, but all I can say is don't forget to appreciate your developers who kindly take their time to bring things like this to you.

The need for this build arose after discovering the partition table on the MetroPCS Mega 6.3 is slightly different than on the international Mega 6.3, and it created an incompatibility with the more recent TWRP builds. If the AT&T variant ever gets it's bootloader cracked/unlocked (don't hold your breath), then this should also work on it too, as it's partition table is identical to the MetroPCS's. I have no idea about the Sprint variant.

Anyway, down to business...

Downloads

I've attached the recoveries to this post in zip and tar format. If for some reason this isn't allowed, I've created alternate download mirrors. If you need this recovery in .img format, simply download the zip and extract it from that. Chances are, if you're here, you're already capable of handling that. Anyhow, enjoy...

Mirror #1:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/1f1qo3fqhj5bm/TWRP

Mirror #2:
https://drive.google.com/folderview...h5czBwRTlfeW1VaUlLZFdTbm5VYXRrdms&usp=sharing

Attachments

• twrp_2.8.5.0_metropcs.zip
    8.8 MB · Views: 2,638
  • twrp_2.8.5.0_metropcs.tar
    8.7 MB · Views: 2,106

nutpants

Feb 6, 2007
FV-british columbia
Any knowledge if the Canadian mega had the same partition table? No locked boot loader for Canada. And I have been using the ROMs built for the 9205 I think..

I checked the partition table of my Canadian mega and it seems the same to me. (After a few drinks it looked almost exact, so you might want some one else to confirm). So I flashed it and everything seems to be working fine.. But I will not know for sure until my yearly wipe and reinstall..

Of anyone wants to see my partition table send a message and Ill post it

As an update I've been using this recovery on my Canadian mega i527m for a week now, been flashing and backup and restoring most every day as I Mess with my mega
Only issue I have found is that when rebooting and it asks to install super user I can't cancel out and if I hit yes the screen just goes black and it reboots..

Other wise it's working pretty good.

Last edited:
Reactions: phubarr

Need4Sneed

Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta
I know this post is a few years old, but thank you so much for this TWRP build!! I have a client that was about to give up on his MetroPCS Mega 6.3, so I suggested TWRP, SuperSU, System App Remover Pro, Titanium Backup, AdAway, BusyBox, & EX Kernel Manager (a GREAT kernel tweaking tool, even for Kernels other than ElementalX!!), and now she's running like a champ!!

Ugh, Samsung crapware just KILLS devices that would otherwise be great, so thank you again for this TWRP build. It made flashing SuperSU a breeze, not to mention the ability to make Nandroid's . . . . then, it was time for bloatware removal and some tweak-tastic goodness!!

I would've preferred to flash a custom ROM, but apparently there isn't a single one that's 100% functional on the MetroPCS variant (SGH-M819N), so again, thank you so much for this. If a decent, compatible custom ROM ever surfaces, at least now we have a way to flash it!!

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: phubarr

teders22

Mar 11, 2012
Moto G Stylus
Yes I can later today after I get of work I'll try during lunch but after work for sure
Here is the official web page I would download it from there.twrp 2850 I don't think it flashes this release on my device it I st boot loops I use twrp 3...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H62zmCGj93qTaWkprgO8EN0d70njtIoa/view

I'm sorry I've been working day and right now that I forgot to post earlier.

IPL try to get twrp gapps and ROM up for you before I back to work today

Reactions: Magickly

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP 2.8.5.0 for the SGH-M819N MetroPCS Mega 6.3

With permission from the highly skilled developer who generously took his time to create this build, I share with you Team Win Recovery Project version 2.8.5.0 for the MetroPCS Mega 6.3 (SGH-M819N). I can't take any credit for this build, but all I can say is don't forget to appreciate your developers who kindly take their time to bring things like this to you.

The need for this build arose after discovering the partition table on the MetroPCS Mega 6.3 is slightly different than on the international Mega 6.3, and it created an incompatibility with the more recent TWRP builds. If the AT&T variant ever gets it's bootloader cracked/unlocked (don't hold your breath), then this should also work on it too, as it's partition table is identical to the MetroPCS's. I have no idea about the Sprint variant.

Anyway, down to business...

Downloads

I've attached the recoveries to this post in zip and tar format. If for some reason this isn't allowed, I've created alternate download mirrors. If you need this recovery in .img format, simply download the zip and extract it from that. Chances are, if you're here, you're already capable of handling that. Anyhow, enjoy...

Mirror #1:
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/1f1qo3fqhj5bm/TWRP

Mirror #2:
    https://drive.google.com/folderview...h5czBwRTlfeW1VaUlLZFdTbm5VYXRrdms&usp=sharing
    Any knowledge if the Canadian mega had the same partition table? No locked boot loader for Canada. And I have been using the ROMs built for the 9205 I think..

I checked the partition table of my Canadian mega and it seems the same to me. (After a few drinks it looked almost exact, so you might want some one else to confirm). So I flashed it and everything seems to be working fine.. But I will not know for sure until my yearly wipe and reinstall..

Of anyone wants to see my partition table send a message and Ill post it

As an update I've been using this recovery on my Canadian mega i527m for a week now, been flashing and backup and restoring most every day as I Mess with my mega
    Only issue I have found is that when rebooting and it asks to install super user I can't cancel out and if I hit yes the screen just goes black and it reboots..

Other wise it's working pretty good.
    thank you for posting this.
    I know this post is a few years old, but thank you so much for this TWRP build!! I have a client that was about to give up on his MetroPCS Mega 6.3, so I suggested TWRP, SuperSU, System App Remover Pro, Titanium Backup, AdAway, BusyBox, & EX Kernel Manager (a GREAT kernel tweaking tool, even for Kernels other than ElementalX!!), and now she's running like a champ!!

Ugh, Samsung crapware just KILLS devices that would otherwise be great, so thank you again for this TWRP build. It made flashing SuperSU a breeze, not to mention the ability to make Nandroid's . . . . then, it was time for bloatware removal and some tweak-tastic goodness!!

I would've preferred to flash a custom ROM, but apparently there isn't a single one that's 100% functional on the MetroPCS variant (SGH-M819N), so again, thank you so much for this. If a decent, compatible custom ROM ever surfaces, at least now we have a way to flash it!!

:)