FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

upgrading WM5 on asus a632n (636, 632, 636n)

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By weltom, Junior Member on 24th May 2007, 10:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
hi all!
i have my pda asus 632n in Chiniess language, need to change it to english at least. the pda's rom is V03.0616.00 CHS 0804. Red big ammount of forums, but those advices which were found don't fit new rom v.30616. On support.asus.com there are some roms for asus 632, but more older version (v.30607) Tried to hack upgrade tool.exe as some people offered, but nothing solved.

For info: the last rom for such as asus 63x goes with two files Update.cap 38,1 mb and Upgrade Tool.exe 19,5 kb. The last one is a romloader - checks language, version of current pda's rom before upgrade. The solution of upgrade is: format SD to FAT, put files above into root of prepared SD, plug SD into pda, execute upgrade tool.exe
When i do such way without hacking upgrade tool.exe, i'm told as language not match! if i hack upgrade tool.exe, then there is "your version is more older then pda's one" on the screen.

There was the thread in http://www.wormholecreations.com.au/...rt=81&posts=99, followed right direction of this topic, but it's holded for now

According to my expirience and words of others there is two ways to solve the problem:
1. Wait until new rom upgrade from asus support for v.30616 (may takes much time)
2. hack upgrade tool.exe to remove notice about version

Anyway, does anybody have expirience in hacking plz help to resolve the problem. I guess there are many people who you would help to!

3rd June 2007, 10:50 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
any news, guys?
4th June 2007, 02:52 PM |#3  

More
Problem solved:
http://oneiros-eidos.nm.ru/index_en.dhtml
There you can find patch, that will fix Upgrade Tool.exe and instructions how to do it with any hex editor, if you like

(tested on A636)
5th June 2007, 08:21 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneiros eidos

Problem solved:
http://oneiros-eidos.nm.ru/index_en.dhtml
There you can find patch, that will fix Upgrade Tool.exe and instructions how to do it with any hex editor, if you like

(tested on A636)

let me thank you lots!! today i will try, hope everything gonna be alright with my 632N. if the test will pass, you are a hero
5th June 2007, 09:51 AM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltom

if the test will pass

If not, just mail me your Upgrade Tool.exe at [email protected] and i'll see what i can do.

P.S. To all others, except weltom:
Hey! STOP SENDING ME ALL YOUR "UPGRADE TOOLS"
Just read the whole topic.
6th June 2007, 08:22 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

If not, just mail me your Upgrade Tool.exe at [email protected] and i'll see what i can do.

if you have icq number, please send me to [email protected]. I have tried to use patched upgrade tool.exe by your programm and by simple changing hex code, and it both followed me to an error exception. and as it's in CHS language, i couldn't read at least the reason
6th June 2007, 08:49 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltom

both followed me to an error exception. and as it's in CHS language, i couldn't read at least the reason

Just received your Upgrade Tool.exe by email. It's already pathed ,and it works on my device. Strange?...
I must know, what error do you encounter with. May be you can take a screenshot?

P.S. check your mailbox
6th June 2007, 09:12 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Just received your Upgrade Tool.exe by email. It's already pathed ,and it works on my device. Strange?...
I must know, what error do you encounter with. May be you can take a screenshot?

P.S. check your mailbox

There are screenshots of the error exceptions. Please, check the e-mail. If somebody need to see the pics, please tell me, course i can't prepare them to the proper size allowed here in the forum
6th June 2007, 02:43 PM |#9  

More
For all, who might be interested.
weltom's problem now solved, but it was a little tricky
It should be no problem to flash to english from russian or to polish from german, etc, just follow link above.
Erorrs may occure with chineese firmware and may be some other asian ROMs due to different file structure for such ROM-images.
13th June 2007, 10:25 AM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

weltom's problem now solved, but it was a little tricky

Let me honestly thank oneiros eidos much for his help!! We have to help each other, that's why ask questions here and we altogether solve problems, or try at least.
17th July 2007, 07:44 PM |#11  
Bucharest

More
Can you make it work with the latest update? The one that upgrades to WM6.
Thank you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)