FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Jabra BT8010 - solution to display caller ID

36 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By dtread1, Member on 4th June 2007, 09:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Waiting that WM 6 resolve the problem, with the help of JETware we found a reasonable solution.
1 - Install Jetware v 1.30;
2 – From Settings – Connections – Bluetooth – Devices, delet the paring with Jabra BT8010
3 – Softreset your Advantage;
4 – On your Jabra BT8010 select Settings and Factory Reset;
5 – From your Advantage (connected to ActiveSync or GPRS) go to this link http://www.jetwaremobile.com/bthfx/D...kia_HS-12W.jcf.
6 - When you download that file from your phone, you should get a prompt asking which paired Bluetooth device the settings should apply to: Choose Jabra BT8010 and Done;
7 – Turn your Jabra BT8010 on, and pair him again with the Advantage, and that’s all.
If you go thru this steps as I sayd, you shold see your Jabra display caller ID (of course if the caller is in your constact list in the Adavantage).

With this solution we have, at least, 2 problems:
1 - In the call list (on Jabra) it stores the name, not the number, so you can't dial using the calll ist;
2 - If you have another bluetoth device (ex: Parrot CK3100) in your car the caller ID in that device may not display.
Dtread1
 
 
5th June 2007, 08:06 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Can't get this to work. Any one.......?
5th June 2007, 09:51 PM |#3  
OP Member
Portugal
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by victoradjei

Can't get this to work. Any one.......?

After step 7, don't forget:
- In Jabra BT8010 activate the show caller ID option (Settings - Display - Caller ID - ON).
- In JETware settings you should activate the Caller ID (Programs - Bluetooth Options - Hands-Free Config - Menu - Advanced Options).
I forget to mention: I have updated the Jabra software to V 1.33 (I'm not sure if this makes diference...)
6th June 2007, 06:26 AM |#4  
LTxda's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenelectra

Hi, I wanted to share these with you guys:
bear chicago layout myspace
carmen electra nude

Don't click on any of the junk above. It's all SPAM and trash. Must not have had a date tonight so he resulted in spamming the forum. LOL
6th June 2007, 08:43 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtread1

After step 7, don't forget:
- In Jabra BT8010 activate the show caller ID option (Settings - Display - Caller ID - ON).
- In JETware settings you should activate the Caller ID (Programs - Bluetooth Options - Hands-Free Config - Menu - Advanced Options).
I forget to mention: I have updated the Jabra software to V 1.33 (I'm not sure if this makes diference...)

finally I have it working. The fact is when you receive a call you need to push the button of the menu in the jabra and will appear the caller id.

thanks dtread1 for this solution, is great.
6th June 2007, 09:20 AM |#6  
Slave1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Newcastle Upon Tyne
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenelectra

Hi, I wanted to share these with you guys:
bear chicago layout myspace
carmen electra nude

It was nice of Carmen to come on here and direct us to some "Art Pamphlet" style photos of herself wasn't it?
6th June 2007, 11:12 AM |#7  
Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Can you explain under what circumstance this fix is required? My Jabra BT8010 and Ameo worked perfectly straight out-of-the-box, caller ID and all.

6th June 2007, 11:32 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonter

Can you explain under what circumstance this fix is required? My Jabra BT8010 and Ameo worked perfectly straight out-of-the-box, caller ID and all.

We are looking at displaying of caller names (from your Ameo contacts) when a call comes, and not just the +1234..... thing
6th June 2007, 01:35 PM |#9  
Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
OK, I see. That would be cool. Good luck!

In the mean time I have used the Jabra Software to set up a phonebook on my earpiece. One thing I noticed though was that I had to omit the +xx part of the phone number otherwise the callerid would not find a match.
6th June 2007, 01:39 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag Pekanbaru
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thanks for giving this long awaited solution to my Jabra BT8010. So far showing contacts on bluetooth headset only working with i.Tech Clip D. Good work, Bro!
6th June 2007, 08:09 PM |#11  
OP Member
Portugal
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beginner

finally I have it working. The fact is when you receive a call you need to push the button of the menu in the jabra and will appear the caller id.

thanks dtread1 for this solution, is great.

Hi beginner:
By default, the Jabra BT8010 doesn't show caller ID.
If you don't want to push the button every time you have an incoming call you must configure the Jabra like this:
(Settings - Display - Caller ID - ON).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes