FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Artemis Update SPL (USPL) v.01 - Another way to flash *ANY* rom to your device!

3,571 posts
Thanks Meter: 72

Thread Deleted Email Thread
This is a patched SPL for HTC Artemis devices (HTC P3300 / T-Mobile MDA compact III / O2 XDA Orbit / Dopod P800W / Dopod P800 / Dopod M700 / Orange SPV M650).

This SPL is based on original Artemis 1.11 SPL but includes 3 patches:
  1. SuperCID / SecLevel=0 (set 32)
  2. Does not check Model ID
  3. Does not check signature*

(*) code must be formally signed i.e. contain properly-formated signatures on their places, however no checking are performed against them.

This means you can flash ANY ROM to your Artemis after flashing USPL on it, no need to pay for CID unlock anymore!

Disclaimer:
This is free to use but at your own risk, I take no responsibility for any conflict, fault, or damage caused to your phone by this unlocking procedure. No warranties of any kind are given. Any commercial usage prohibited.

Instructions:
1. Unzip
2. Connect your phone to computer, make sure activesync is enabled (green icon)
3. Run start_uspl.exe on your computer and wait until process finishes
4. See Artemis_USPL_Manual.zip (PDF) for more detailed instructions!

Thanks to:
  • arc, fdp24, itsme, machinagod, Des, Olipro, and all others who I forget!
  • everyone else in xda-developers.com
Attached Files
File Type: zip Artemis_USPL.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.76 MB, 177467 views)
File Type: zip Artemis_USPL_Manual.zip - [Click for QR Code] (176.5 KB, 81202 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pof For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pof Ad-Free
11th June 2007, 12:56 PM |#2  
Retired Moderator
Flag Zutphen
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks again pof, you make all Artemis users very happy! you are the best!
11th June 2007, 01:09 PM |#3  

More
Has anyone tried this method yet. Don't really want to be the first one with a "BRICK" if it all goes wrong...........but oh what a stylish brick it would be!
11th June 2007, 01:21 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shand359

Has anyone tried this method yet. Don't really want to be the first one with a "BRICK" if it all goes wrong...........but oh what a stylish brick it would be!

honestly mate... if its released by pof then he has tested it... as he is a moderator and his cred is one of the highest here... jesus... just try it...
11th June 2007, 01:31 PM |#5  

More
Thank you for those kind words. I do not doubt pof's credibility. I also do not doubt that he has tested this program. I am just the unlucky person who would try this and get the thing all wrong and end up with a brick. I am quite good this way.

Please, it would appear my last message was doubting pof's abilities. That is definately not the case.

POF, I apologize to you, please though understand where I am coming from. Thank you.
11th June 2007, 01:35 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shand359

Thank you for those kind words. I do not doubt pof's credibility. I also do not doubt that he has tested this program. I am just the unlucky person who would try this and get the thing all wrong and end up with a brick. I am quite good this way.

Please, it would appear my last message was doubting pof's abilities. That is definately not the case.

POF, I apologize to you, please though understand where I am coming from. Thank you.

i do understand where you come from... but as you can see 4 other people have downloaded the program and tested it... if there was an issue im sure they would have voiced it...
11th June 2007, 01:38 PM |#7  

More
Possible any changes in start_uspl.exe?
As first many thanks for your help and for the many time that you invest in the development some tools.
Now my question:
It is possible that you make a update for your developed tool "start_uspl" so that the updater function even if the phone are connected in bootloader modus?
I think that is the solution for some bricked phones after updates with locked CID.
Greets from Liechtenstein, planeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by pof

This is a patched SPL for HTC Artemis devices (HTC P3300 / T-Mobile MDA compact III / O2 XDA Orbit / Dopod P800W / Dopod P800 / Dopod M700 / Orange SPV M650).

This SPL is based on original Artemis 1.11 SPL but includes 3 patches:

1. SuperCID / SecLevel=0 (set 32)
  2. Does not check Model ID
  3. Does not check signature*

(*) code must be formally signed i.e. contain properly-formated signatures on their places, however no checking are performed against them.

This means you can flash ANY ROM to your Artemis after flashing USPL on it, no need to pay for CID unlock anymore!

Disclaimer:
This is free to use but at your own risk, I take no responsibility for any conflict, fault, or damage caused to your phone by this unlocking procedure. No warranties of any kind are given. Any commercial usage prohibited.

Instructions:
1. Unzip
2. Connect your phone to computer, make sure activesync is enabled (green icon)
3. Run start_uspl.exe on your computer and wait until process finishes
4. See Artemis_USPL_Manual.zip (PDF) for more detailed instructions!

Thanks to:
  • arc, fdp24, itsme, machinagod, Des, Olipro, and all others who I forget!
  • everyone else in xda-developers.com

11th June 2007, 01:43 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Ooops They did it again!
11th June 2007, 01:47 PM |#9  
OP Retired Moderator
Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 72

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by planeta

It is possible that you make a update for your developed tool "start_uspl" so that the updater function even if the phone are connected in bootloader modus?
I think that is the solution for some bricked phones after updates with locked CID.

Sorry but not possible, it first transfers patched SPL through activesync and places it on phone memory, and needs WinCE for that. If you already have a brick that tool will not help you.
11th June 2007, 02:02 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Smile THANKS
Thanks Dear i was very anxiously waiting for it

Please Please please device an idea for athena tooo
11th June 2007, 03:29 PM |#11  

More
Great work pof, BIG CONGRATS !!!!

Now I need to came back my artemis, and I will try it !!!

Thanks again !
Subscribe to Thread

Tags
please save my m700, save my artemis
Previous Thread Next Thread