FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[System] FlashKeys - Fullscreen keyboard (freeware)

2,676 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By twolf, Senior Member on 24th June 2007, 02:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
[System] FlashKeys v1.2 - Fullscreen keyboard (freeware)

This is a small program made in Flash to emulate a fullscreen virtual keyboard.
This keyboard is fullscreen and always seen in horizontal way (landscape).
It requires Flash 7 installed in your Pocket PC. If you don't have it yet, get it for free here:
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashp...ds/player.html

You can customize the:
- Text color
- Keypad Skins
- Background image
- Pre-made personal sentences
- English version

You have three screens with keys:
- Normal
- Capital letters
- Special characters

In all of them you can delete the last character, erase all the text or COPY, this last key has two effects:
- Places all the copied text in memory
- Closes the application

Afterwards, you can choose where to paste the text, either on a SMS, a note, email, or any other application where you can use the PASTE command (or CTRL+V).

News:
- keypad sound
- customized key alignment
- screen rotation
- New default skin (just because)
- Minimize+copy

To configure the keys sound just alter the IDsom line in mydata.txt
You may also change that on screen.

Almost all keys are configurable now, with the exception of the characters % & ) = + that cannot be dynamic because they interfere with the code.

Do note that some keys. to help the witting process, jumped to the first screen so that the user could continue witting, keys such as é ã ó, etc.

There is now the option to choose your screen rotation as default, just change the variable on mydata.txt
Or, during use, you can always press left/right (or up/down, depending on the model) to rotate the screen at will.

You can change the skin anytime by pressing up/down on your keypad (or left//right, depending on the model).

To customize your favorite skin, text color, personal sentences or use the English version, read the mydata-english.txt carefully.
Then place it in \Storage Card\Temp\FlashKeys (these folders are created the first time you run the software).
If, for some reason its not there, then search your Pocket pc with a explorer software to seek out where your temp folder is.

You can make a skin yourself, just use the example in the EXTRAS folder. It needs to be a 230x320 JPG file placed in the \Storage Card\Temp\FlashKeys folder with the name back.jpg
In case your screen is rotated you need a second file named back2.jpg

If, by any reason you need to exit the fullscreen, you can close the application with the COPY key, pressing the new minimiza buttton above the volume or press ENTER on you keypad (the button in the middle of the directionals keys).

Place the EXE file where ever you want, make a shortcut or call it with a defined key on your Pocket PC, its your choice.

This software is compatible with WM2003 and WM6. I didn't tested it on WM5, but it should work fine.
The WM2002 version was not created, but can be made easily by request.

Use and distribute this as you want, it was made for all of us.
Any bug report use these forums:
http://www.mobile-freaks.net and http://www.Pocketpt.net

Enjoy.
New version 1.2:
- New default keyboard
- New sound
- Portuguese and English versions separated EXE's
- Bug fixes

New version 1.2b:
- Key 1 Bug fix

Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/11469294...v1.2b.zip.html
Attached Files
File Type: zip FlashKey_v1.2b.zip - [Click for QR Code] (538.5 KB, 1053 views)

24th June 2007, 04:59 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hi, it looks great, is it compatible with 240x240 screens?
24th June 2007, 05:58 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hey, yes, great work, looks realy nice. it is possible to turn it 180 degrees?
24th June 2007, 07:44 PM |#4  
Flag north texas
Thanks Meter: 514

More
pretty snappy! is there a left/right cursor key?
24th June 2007, 07:51 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag LX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cortezzi

Hmmm, no, but do you need them?
Oh, got, it, to delete or correct the text...hmmm
Weel, you can select the text with your stylus and i think you can cut and paste also, but that wouldnt work very good, at least with my flash-actionscript limitations, sorry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grypho

Hi, it looks great, is it compatible with 240x240 screens?

its made for 320x240 but it -should- resize itself for any screen, but thats something only the flash player itself can manage. Let me know how he reacts to your screen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens

hey, yes, great work, looks realy nice. it is possible to turn it 180 degrees?

The keys would be too small in 240x320 and it would loose its purpose...
but, yes, it is possible, just not in a direct way... Maybe in the next version, but again, they keys would be really small, when compared to the landscape version...

My Qtek S100 is on portrait mode, but I still use that on landscape, it doesnt affect anything in the system, just gives me more room to have the full keyboard keys in that qwerty kind of way.
25th June 2007, 01:33 AM |#6  
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cortezzi

Yeah, I was wondering that too. I was thinking of picking up a Trinity and need something like this, but I would like to be able to delete things.
25th June 2007, 07:42 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twolf

The keys would be too small in 240x320 and it would loose its purpose...
but, yes, it is possible, just not in a direct way... Maybe in the next version, but again, they keys would be really small, when compared to the landscape version...

My Qtek S100 is on portrait mode, but I still use that on landscape, it doesnt affect anything in the system, just gives me more room to have the full keyboard keys in that qwerty kind of way.

Sorry about the missunderstanding ... i mean landscape too but turned to the left not to the right like now.

LG

S
25th June 2007, 07:49 AM |#8  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thumbs up
thks for this freeware; work fine on my wizard with WM6
25th June 2007, 08:58 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag LX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maevro

Yeah, I was wondering that too. I was thinking of picking up a Trinity and need something like this, but I would like to be able to delete things.

well, right now you can, but only the last character written... you can also remove things manually by sellecting the text with your stylus and choosing CUT (not sure about this), but im afraid i dont know how to make actioscript in flash that lets you delete part of the texto in the middle, sorry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens

Sorry about the missunderstanding ... i mean landscape too but turned to the left not to the right like now.
LG
S

OH, yes, that's easy. On the next release then...
28th June 2007, 12:35 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag LX

More
New version:
- keypad sound
- customized key alignment
- screen rotation
- New default skin (just because)
- Minimize+copy

28th June 2007, 01:18 AM |#11  
Retired Moderator
Flag Coventry, England
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Nice app i like it - not really needed on my wizard but usefull on my artemis.

I was looking for the revision details of v 1.1 in the first post - can the changes be added there too
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)