1. fixed the problem that all incoming calls were identified as "unknown" on some devices (e.g. Treo)
2. fixed the problem to treat data connection as voice call
3. fixed the power drain problem (but not 100% sure yet, pls report your findings as my device never has this issue)
4. fixed the blank screen when responding a call on some devices
5. fixed the abnormal call waiting screen
6. fixed the data reconnection problem
Pls get this hot fix of iLock.exe at the end of this post. It's only applicable with v1.21 has been installed first.
After the installation, pls soft-reset the device.
BTW, I'm very happy to let you know that we now have 2 versions of Configurator for S2U.
Hey guys, (posted on 31 August)
It's now udpated to v1.21, the changes are:
1. moved the phone part from SNAPI to TAPI for higher reliability
2. fixed the "Unknown/Private Caller" issue
3. added option DialedID (DWORD): it will appear when dialing a call. But there are limitations:
- it only has a "End Call" key, i.e. no key for mute, speaker, contact... etc... but it has a big pic depending on your CallerID setting.
- it only works when CloseApp is 0, CallerID is 1 or 2, DialedID is 1 & SLIDE is already running in the background. WHY? Simply because don't want to slow down the normal dialing process.
4. improved the responsiveness of keys on the Caller ID screen
5. added option to stop showing the total no. of "Active Task" - set ShowTask (DWORD) to 0
6. fixed the bug of displaying wrong "missed call" when CallerID is disabled
7. fixed the sliding date issue when a call comes in & out very quickly
8. SLIDE now awares of the running of HTC's Audio Manager
9. some bugs fixed
Please remember to RESTART iLock after any registry settings (under \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\A_C\Slide2Unlock) changed, otherwise it won't work.
The download links are:
Updated files only (for experienced users if you don't want the old settings changed by the installer)
Please read the readme.txt for more details.
If you're happy with it, don't forget to buy me coffee or send me a post to show your appreciation. I need your motivation. Thanks.
Hey guys, (posted on 24 August)
Just updated to v1.20, the changes are:
1. reworked part of Caller ID function (as before, you're still recommended to set CloseApp to 0 when using the CallerID function)
2. when Caller ID is enable & works, the Caller ID of the latest missed call will be alerted
3. added option Slide2Answer (DWORD, 1 is enable; 0 is disable): when a call comes in & your device is locked by SLIDE, you'll have to "slide to answer"; or press the power button to decline the call. Please test this function carefully, otherwise you'll not be able to answer any call! If your device have power off problem with the previous versions, please do not enable this option. This option will only work when CallerID is enable & SafeMode is disable.
4. added support to show the total no. of "Active Task"
5. added support to show current day's Weather info from the HTC Home plugin: set "ShowWeather" to 5
(since I have to remap the icon index of HTC to WP/PW manually, if you find any mismatch icons, pls let me know)
6. iLock now accept several command switches:
-slide to start/invoke SLIDE
-nomsg to not to show any message even it closes itself & SLIDE
-refresh to close SLIDE & reload the registry settings (except for SafeMode changes, the device need soft-reset before it's effective)
7. some bugs fixed
Please read the readme.txt for more details.
Hey guys, (posted on 2 August)
Here is another update v1.19, the changes are:
1. fixed some issues of Caller ID
2. added support to animated Wallpaper (but not GIF)
you have to make muliple frames of pics with same size and concatenated them together to a single BMP file;
add to registry - "WpFrameNo" (DWORD) with the number of frames in the file;
add to registry - "WpFrameRate" (DWORD) with the number of milliseconds the frames will be changed;
for the Landscape wallpaper, use "WpLFrameNo" & "WpLFrameRate" correspondingly
Pls be WARNED that the larger the animated BMP file, the more RAM will be consumed; and more POWER will be drained!
I've uploaded a sample (Animated Globe) at the bottom of this post, please read the readme on how to use it.
3. added user input Weather info: set "ShowWeather" to 4;
add to registry - "UserWeather" (DSTRING) with the format X|Y|H|L
where X could be S for using the weather icon from SPB; and P will use the weather icon from WP/PW;
Y is the weather icon's index no;
H is the highest temperature;
L is the lowest temperature.
e.g. S|10|30|20 means to show SPB's icon no. 10 with highest temperature 30 & lowest temperature 20
4. the weather forecast of WP & PW will not show the icons for night
5. increased the length of the paths of Wallpaper to 128
6. fixed the keyboard icon problem with Wisbar
7. some bugs fixed
Please read the readme for the details.
Hey guys, (posted on 21 July)
After more than 2 weeks, here is another update... v1.18. I'm so excited to announce that now SLIDE supports UNICODE, i.e. it shows the operator name, date & appointment details in your native language.
Secondly, it has its own Caller ID...
and a new Call Waiting Caller ID...
other changes are:
4. Appointment details can be displayed in multilple lines
5. supports the device's native screen size, make sure you have a wallpaper with proper size & enough free RAM (it may take around 6.5M)
6. SLIDE loads a bit faster
7. fixed the memory leak when WP or PW is enabled
8. some graphics changed
9. some bugs fixed
10. from v1.18, it only supports WM5 or 6
How to enable/disable Caller ID
Please read this session thoroughly before attempting to enable the CallerID setting, otherwise it'll not work & you may need to soft-reset your device.
1. Please disable other 3rd party Caller ID apps.
2. As the system has a default Caller ID notification, iLock has to depress it before showing it's own Caller ID. But the problem is different Language device has to be handled differently. So far, iLock is coded to identify the system Caller ID notification in English & Traditional Chinese devices only (i.e. for these devices, simply change the value of "CallerID" as below). For other Languages, please follow these steps:
a. stop iLock.
b. try to call your device, write down the Windows TEXT of the incoming call notification (i.e. the TEXT on the top window bar, for e.g., WM6 English will be "Phone - Incoming")
c. new a registry value "IncomingText" (STRING) under "\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\A_C\Slide2Unlock" and enter EXACTLY the above TEXT
d. set "CallerID" to 1 (fullscreen mode) or 2 (thumbnail mode)
e. start iLock & SLIDE
f. try to call your device again. If there is no new Caller ID, the TEXT you just enterd is not exactly match with the system's Caller ID notification. Please repeat the above steps.
g. see the new Caller ID, enjoy!
3. It's suggested to set "CloseApp" to 0, otherwise you'll have to wait more than 1 second before you know who's calling. The downside is it'll eat about 5.5M RAM.
4. As displaying a Caller ID screen is a mission critical job, pls install SLIDE in device instead of Storage Card.
5. Sometimes, the Caller ID screen may come out more than a second after the ring begins, but it's out of iLock's control.
6. Pls do not use the built-in PIN LOCK, otherwise the Caller ID will not be shown up properly.
7. How to recover the system default Caller ID notification?
a. stop iLock
b. set CallerID to 0
c. soft-reset the device
Hey guys, (posted on 4 July)
As you may already notice that this app is recently unwelcome here, this is probably the last update.
Admin, don't panic, I'll not post any files here. Besides, the update I provided will not contain any copyright graphic files that Apple claims to have. I was wondering how you or they know this app contains the iPhone code?!
Why this patch exists? Because some nice guys provided me some great info about WeatherPanel & PocketWeather. Now, SLIDE can show weather data from these apps too. And there is some minor bug fixing as well (includes getting data from SPBWeather).
Please follow the readme file for this update & enjoy!