FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

New Dialpad Skins... [UPDATED 6/20/2008]

208 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By neonstorm, Senior Member on 6th July 2007, 11:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I downloaded and installed the HTC Touch dialpad, and it worked well but was pretty plain.

I've spent a few hours reworking the graphics it uses and came up with a new skin based on a wallpaper I downloaded from www.pocketpcscreens.com. I've got portrait working well, but haven't done landscape yet...

Here are a couple screenshots. If anyone would like to use it, let me know and I can post links here.

And SmartDial still works!!

To install it, you'll need to install the HTC Touch dialpad (Wizard_reTOUCHed_Dialer2.zip), then download the background zip of your choice. Copy all of the image files from the zip into your device's Windows dir, and overwrite any files it prompts about. Soft reset your phone (or stop cprog.exe then reopen the phone) and enjoy!

This has been tested on my T-Mobile Wing w/ WM6. I haven't tested it on any prior versions of WM or other devices, so maybe someone can chime in whether it's OK or not.

If anyone wants the raw png's to make your own, let me know and I can attach them too...

I also attached a corresponding 'Rocks' WM theme and images for ContactsManager and Slide2Unlock for a nice uniform look.

I'm not too sure about the technical aspects of the dialer... You may want to check the thread where the dialpad was released. This is just a graphical update I did for it...

Enjoy,
Ryan

Update - here are a few other's I've come up with recently:

Jigsaw

Blue Drops

And really, what could be so special about the number nineteen? Mystery Number, indeed.
-Eddie Dean, from the Dark Tower V by Stephen King

Like my work? Buy me a beer! Thanks!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Wizard_reTOUCHed_Dialer2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (284.6 KB, 4973 views)
File Type: zip Rocks_Theme.zip - [Click for QR Code] (22.4 KB, 1215 views)
File Type: zip Rocks_Slide2Unlock.zip - [Click for QR Code] (43.7 KB, 1094 views)
File Type: zip Rocks_dialpad.zip - [Click for QR Code] (466.0 KB, 1438 views)
File Type: zip MatteBlack_dialpad.zip - [Click for QR Code] (738.3 KB, 3044 views)
File Type: zip jigsaw_dialpad.zip - [Click for QR Code] (228.8 KB, 668 views)
File Type: zip BlueDrops.zip - [Click for QR Code] (561.3 KB, 700 views)

8th July 2007, 06:23 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Florida

More
New Dialpad Skins... [UPDATED 6/20/2008]
Here are a couple other ones I've just finished up...

See the instructions above to use them... I also attached some corresponding Windows themes...

***edit***

Also, see posts #208 and #209 for a couple new requested ones.

Ryan
Attached Files
File Type: zip Holes_Theme.zip - [Click for QR Code] (54.5 KB, 755 views)
File Type: zip Blue_Theme.zip - [Click for QR Code] (45.7 KB, 989 views)
File Type: zip Holes_dialpad.zip - [Click for QR Code] (257.2 KB, 745 views)
File Type: zip Blue_dialpad.zip - [Click for QR Code] (251.7 KB, 1347 views)
File Type: zip BlackDrops_dialpad.zip - [Click for QR Code] (311.7 KB, 1402 views)
8th July 2007, 07:00 PM |#3  

More
Talking
nice post............
8th July 2007, 09:51 PM |#4  

More
nice post ! i have a little problem though....
when i call using the htc-retouched theme, in the call-in-progress screen i get green text instead of white (the call history, mute etc); and it's hard to read...

do you know a solution?
10th July 2007, 03:03 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Florida

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cduijker

nice post ! i have a little problem though....
when i call using the htc-retouched theme, in the call-in-progress screen i get green text instead of white (the call history, mute etc); and it's hard to read...

do you know a solution?

Hmm. Seems there is a problem with a couple of files. I'll upload a corrected version ASAP.

Sorry!

Ryan

*** UPDATE: added new image file to post #1
10th July 2007, 06:11 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Florida

More
Uploaded wallpapers and misc images for Slide2Unlock and ContactManager in post #1.

No screenshot for Slide2Unlock because, well, the device is locked. It's the same wallpaper but not as dark, so it looks nice and vibrant.

Ryan
10th July 2007, 08:13 PM |#7  

More
Very nice!

Is it possible to get a video call button at the dialpad?
10th July 2007, 08:55 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Florida

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy_deluxe

Very nice!

Is it possible to get a video call button at the dialpad?

Thanks for the compliment! Unfortunately, at my current "skill" level, no. (notice the 'airquotes' around skill.)

I'm not really up on actual programming, this is simply a graphic overhaul of an existing skin.

If anyone out there can help me modify the actual layout, please feel free to chime in!!

Sorry!

Plus, for reference, the original:

Ryan
11th July 2007, 04:22 PM |#9  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2

More
<retracted>
11th July 2007, 04:56 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Florida

More
@Dax:

I got the email notification of your post, then checked the thread and saw your reason for retracting it.

Just for curiosity, is there something I can spell out better in the (admittedly vague) instructions? I know they probably skip a lot of 'read between the lines' steps, so if there's something that'll make it clearer please let me know!

Is it working OK for you? I don't think I've gotten any feedback yet that anyone else has it working, and I'm curious to know if it does.

Your post did help, because I noticed that the landscape theme background doesn't quite match the landscape dialer background. I've worked hard to keep them all uniform and avoid the wallpaper jumping up and down when you switch screens...

Ryan
11th July 2007, 05:16 PM |#11  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2

More
That's it. I must be officially dumb; I cannot find any information anywhere about how to apply a separate skin to the Touch dialer.

I was already using the PhoneBoost Lite with the Eten skin. Is this the same thing as the reTouched dialer you linked? (Again, I can't find any information linking the two)

Thanks,
Dax.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)