FORUMS

[New Release 10-04-2007: 3 new cursors for WM6] Marshall WaitCursor Skin

512 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By Marshall07, Retired Recognized Developer on 15th July 2007, 09:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
NOTE: This skins are NOT for MWC2. They are skins for the Windows Mobile Cursor Application, while MWC2 is a replacement of that application and it has it's own skins.

UPDATE: October, 4th 2007 - 3 new WaitCursor Skins for WM6: Vista, BlueSpin and Ubuntu!
UPDATE: September, 30th 2007 - Touch WaitCursor for WM6 released for all the languages!
UPDATE: September, 22nd 2007 - A new WaitCursor skin released: the Touch (thanks to poorlyduck for the original animation)
UPDATE: September, 12th 2007 - A new WaitCursor skin is available: the Ubuntu (thanks to dferreira for the original ubuntu animation)
UPDATE: September, 11th 2007 - A new WaitCursor skin is available: the Silver
UPDATE: September, 3rd 2007 - A new WaitCursor Skin is available: the BlueSpin.
UPDATE: August, 31th 2007 - You'll now find all the languages for the Vista WaitCursor.
UPDATE: August, 29th 2007 - I uploaded the Vista Skin. Check my homepage for more info.

Hi there,

I made a new skin for WM5 wait cursor. I was very bored of WM5 waiting cursor which is very ugly and "old fashioned".
After I tried a WM6 OS and noticed that it's really cool, I decided that also our WM5 world must have that wait cursor.

Take a look...

[ Watch the video ]
[ MarshallSkins Homepage ]

[ MarshallSkins Download page ]

Enjoy,

Marshall
15th July 2007, 09:11 PM |#2  
Flag Archdale, North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 5

More
umn.. Isn't that the NORMAL wait cursor?
15th July 2007, 09:26 PM |#3  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag L'aquila

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcap180

umn.. Isn't that the NORMAL wait cursor?

No, it isn't. The normal wait cursor for WM5 devices is this:

Marshall
15th July 2007, 09:27 PM |#4  
Flag Archdale, North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 5

More
So u added a greyish/whiteish background to it?
15th July 2007, 09:30 PM |#5  
Flag L'aquila

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcap180

So u added a greyish/whiteish background to it?

Nope, I took the original WM6 cursor from a WM6 ROM and replaced the resources to the file used by WM5 OS.

Marshall
16th July 2007, 04:26 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Although I have no use for this it is very nice that you took the time for those who are still on WM5.
16th July 2007, 04:49 AM |#7  
Flag San Jose, CA
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by agovinoveritas

Although I have no use for this it is very nice that you took the time for those who are still on WM5.

hahah ouch, you say that as if we're lesser beings. well the only reason i haven't upgraded to wm6 is because, i don't really need it. i do like how its presentation is a bit slicker, but the other additional features of wm6 are just things that i don't often use. as i read somewhere on these forums, there's no need to upgrade unless i'm having problems with wm5. i'll wait 'til the kaiser for my fix of wm6

anyway, thanks, marshall, for this modification. one of those nice little things that you don't think about having, until you actually get it, and you realize how much nicer it is. thanks again, works perfectly for me.
16th July 2007, 05:29 AM |#8  
Flag Vancouver, BC
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Looks cool, any way to do something similiar for WM2003SE?
16th July 2007, 10:23 AM |#9  
Flag L'aquila

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeeper

Looks cool, any way to do something similiar for WM2003SE?

If you point me to a WM 2003 ROM, I can try giving a look.

Marshall
18th July 2007, 06:36 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azimuth21

hahah ouch, you say that as if we're lesser beings. well the only reason i haven't upgraded to wm6 is because, i don't really need it. i do like how its presentation is a bit slicker, but the other additional features of wm6 are just things that i don't often use. as i read somewhere on these forums, there's no need to upgrade unless i'm having problems with wm5. i'll wait 'til the kaiser for my fix of wm6

anyway, thanks, marshall, for this modification. one of those nice little things that you don't think about having, until you actually get it, and you realize how much nicer it is. thanks again, works perfectly for me.

That was kinda of harsh! That is not what I meant.
Hey, I would not mind seeing some better WM6 cursors, actually.
Guess that just like anything once you have tried it for a while I would not mind trying something new.
18th July 2007, 10:29 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Can you make a wait cursor that is like Windows Vista?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)