Tomtom on Kaiser?

Search This thread

Forrest81

Dec 10, 2005
Hello,

anyone who has Tomtom working on the Kaiser?
The application runs, but recognizes no maps, allthough the Western Europe Map is present...

Greetz,
Forrest

lajtosi

Feb 18, 2007
Netvigator

Yes, I have got Tomtom 6 running on Kaiser and using the latest 6.75 maps and it works perfect.

Forrest81

Dec 10, 2005
Great! Can you tell me how you did it?

Maybe I should rename the directory of the Western Europe map on my SD, but I don't know how it should be named...

Thanks!

vasil

Dec 6, 2005
London
www.inkino.co.uk
If you check the box carefuly, you'll find disk with tomtom app. The version there is newer thet anything you can get elsewhere, but only works with kaiser...

Tomtom Navigator 6.032!!!

ausbj

Mar 1, 2007
SF
Tomtom on my Kaiser

Where can I download Tomtom Navigator 6.032?

ALso does it work in the U.S.?

I'd love to get TomTom working on my Kaiser!

If you check the box carefuly, you'll find disk with tomtom app. The version there is newer thet anything you can get elsewhere, but only works with kaiser...

Tomtom Navigator 6.032!!!

Where can I download Tomtom Navigator 6.032?

ALso does it work in the U.S.?

I'd love to get TomTom working on my Kaiser!

You can't download it. It is included on the CD. Aside from that, TT 6.032 does not work on other devices, it will simply refuse to install.

As far as the fix is concerned, as I already mentioned in another thread, it's really a lot quicker than on the Trinity (Qcomm) or x7500 (Sirf III) and also a lot more sensitive (7 bars on the dinner table compared to 0 for the x7500)

zomig

Oct 17, 2006
Got my kaiser yesterday, used the tomtom this morning on the way to work , the lock on time was about the same as my sirfiii external unit around 90ecs, was only get around 3-4 sats though so weaker than the external unit. I was not using quick gps fix either.

I will see how it goes as i can always use the external unit with it anyway. handy to have it all built in though.

device seems very responsive compared to my vario II.

time will tell.

JasjarMan

Oct 14, 2006
where on the cd is the tomtom cab? I looked at each folder on both cd's that came with the kaiser and nothing. Any chance someone can send me the file? I will proof I do own tomtom maps and a kaiser, please pm.

zomig

Oct 17, 2006
It is called "Installer_Kaiser_ttn_6_032_8351_HTC_WWE_20070716.exe" on my cdrom, yours should be the same. The cdrom also has the tomtom logo on it as well.

I have had mine freeze twice now whilst using it, i think it may have something to do with the traffic subscription as i have just had that transferred over to my new kaiser, before it was fine with tomtom. Will continue testing to see how frequent this becomes....

zomig

Oct 17, 2006
well i guess seeing as it cannot be installed on any other device apart from the Kaiser I dont see any reason not to post it up as no one apart from Kaisers owners can install it anyway.

Obviously if this causes an issue i will remove it immediately....

HERE

McHale

Nov 18, 2005
B.F.E. Illinois
I'm sure they're not. I actually meant if they cripple the device in any way like removing the front camera. I still haven't seen an official release that says it has GPS.

-Mc