FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Touch Screen "Smudge"

360 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By dan13l, Senior Member on 9th August 2007, 11:09 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all,

I've now seen two HTC Touch devices with the same "smudge" on the screen. It appears in the centre, underneath the top layer of screen, and is roughly 3cm long. It's almost as if dust has collected in the middle of the screen or something.

I'd have thought nothing of it until I saw another device with the same thing. Has anyone else experienced this? It's not always visible - with the screen off, or in direct sunlight you can see it, but otherwise it's not noticeable.

Anyone?

9th August 2007, 12:36 PM |#2  
Flag Chisinau, Moldova
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I have the same **** right in the center of my device
9th August 2007, 12:40 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
i've the same probleme on my screen

it's very boring
9th August 2007, 08:16 PM |#4  
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 3

More
After how long did you begin to see this problem? I have only had my Touch a short amount of time and haven't had this issue but its not great that many people are dealing with it.
9th August 2007, 08:31 PM |#5  
Toronto

More
Damn, I hope this doesn't turn into another "my black Trinity is peeling" issue that affects all or most Touch users. Why don't you guys run a poll to get an idea how wide spread this is? Perhaps HTC needs to be made aware of this if it's not just some isolated defects.
9th August 2007, 08:49 PM |#6  
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor01

Damn, I hope this doesn't turn into another "my black Trinity is peeling" issue that affects all or most Touch users. Why don't you guys run a poll to get an idea how wide spread this is? Perhaps HTC needs to be made aware of this if it's not just some isolated defects.

I was one of the few that never had paint peeling issue on my black Trinity so hopefully I can dodge this smudge issue too....
10th August 2007, 03:07 AM |#7  
Flag Oshawa
Thanks Meter: 24

More
I think u will find that it is an inherent part of the hard touch screen. Device off on all touches should display what some call a blur. I have to put mine at an angle and I can see a small 1cm max. aboration. otherwise quite unnoticeable.
10th August 2007, 04:15 AM |#8  

More
Had mine almost 8 weeks and not any hint of any smudge / blur or anything unusual
10th August 2007, 05:15 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Unhappy
Guess what, I also have this blur at the center of my screen, I thought nothing of it at first because it is barely noticable and second I thought that maybe I accidently pressed on the screen to hard at one point while carrying in my pocket; However now I am more concerned due to the fact that others have this same issue...??
10th August 2007, 05:59 AM |#10  
Flag Arizona

More
Same problem with mine.
10th August 2007, 06:27 AM |#11  
Flag Neuss

More
to all that have the problem. Do you have an original Touch ore a branded version (XDA, MDA etc.)?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)