FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

Touch Settings (development ceased) v.2.2 - Change EVERYTHING on your cube!

232 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By carlosp_uk, Senior Member on 21st August 2007, 08:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This application lets you customise your HTC's spinning 'cube' faces in many ways, changing icons, layout, which applications are launched, etc. You can change the following:

- Your Music/Pictures/Video programs (change which apps and titles)
- Your 3x2 APLauncher on the cube (change the apps, icons and titles)
- Layout of your APLauncher; positioning of icons, etc*
- Additional APLauncher Cube faces*
- Your Weather Location to be far more specific (i.e. not the limited in-built city selection)
- Your weather options (auto-update settings, etc.)

IMPORTANT NOTE: The app is no longer being developed - see this post. However, you may still request support from other kind users on this forum thread and I can confirm that it works well on the HTC Touch GSM (Elf). Users have also had success using it on the Sprint Touch, Vogue, OKTA, Touch Dual and Polaris, plus other mobile devices that have HTC TouchFlo correctly installed on them.

See the screenshots below for more info.

A lot of this is achieved via registry changes, on older HTC Touch devices (e.g. GSM Elf), a patched version of mediahubmini.exe is installed due to limitations of the in-built applications.

Installation instructions - Version 2.0 Onwards:
1. Copy the CAB to your device and run it.

Installation instructions - Older versions (before 2.0)
1. DELETE the file MediaHubMini.lnk from your \Windows\Startup directory and reboot... OR just terminate the process MediaHubMini.exe using memmaid, SKTools or another program.

2. Install the attached CAB file.

3. Run the app. (Start Menu -> Programs -> Touch Settings)

4. Click 'Save', reset again (close all apps, and power off your device properly first - otherwise changes may be lost!) and now your changes should be active.

Troubleshooting / Bugs
- If you enter an invalid path, then when you click Pictures or Videos, the device will freeze and you will see the spinning egg-timer forever. Reset, load the config app again and double check you have got the EXACT path to the executable correct.

- If you get an error that you could not install the cab because of "insufficient system priviledges / insufficient system permissions:

- Look into the settings of your device security model - check out this post for more information, or download Microsoft's Device Security Manager to alter your settings.

- Try the manual install version instead. See post on page three as well.

Feedback always welcome, remember this is a beta, so back up your files, and if you found it useful, do consider buying me a beer!

Carlos

>>> Download the files here <<<

WARNING
=======
This CAB patches your original file (although the original is available to download if you want to uninstall) - and alters the registry. It has been extensively tested but you use it at your own risk!

Version History
v2.3 - 16/6/08
Development ceased.

v2.2
Support for Touch Dual and other 'Colorskin' devices
New Layout options
Multiple cube faces
Advanced Settings

v1.29 - Support for Sprint Touch
BRN icon file format
Customised media apps / hub icon
Detected Device displayed in 'about' screen
Debug logging option

>>> Download the files here <<<

Carlos P
===============================
If you found this program useful, please consider buying me a beer
www.fatattitude.com/buybeer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Compilation v2.24 1of2.jpg
Views:	20228
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	68543   Click image for larger version

Name:	Compilation v2.24 2of2.jpg
Views:	12007
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	68544  

21st August 2007, 09:21 PM |#2  

More
pretty nifty!

if i donated, would there be any bonus for me?
21st August 2007, 09:32 PM |#3  

More
Just what I was looking for. One issue: USA does not show up under North America when trying to select weather.
21st August 2007, 10:07 PM |#4  
Flag Pilkhuwa
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Smile
Thank u, 'll give it a try.
21st August 2007, 10:24 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosp_uk

WARNING
=======
This CAB patches your original file (although the original is available below if you want to uninstall) - and alters the registry. It has been extensively tested but you use it at your own risk!

Acctualy,

if you have a ROM that already included any version of "biotouch settings", you can also install this, just by deleting the link (as in the instructions) in Windows\Startup and reseting.

Cheers

EDIT: it doesnt work very well.... try it at your own risk.... not recomended!
21st August 2007, 11:53 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voisin777

Just what I was looking for. One issue: USA does not show up under North America when trying to select weather.

Thanks for this - I've had a look and you're absolutely right. The weather lists come directly from the accuWeather.com website, and they use a different system for North America. In fact, it's easier for me to just build the XML file into the app as there are incompatabilities with their 'zipcode' format and some of the home plugins.

Please try the new version v1.22 of the app and you should be able to select from many US cities. (Install to storage card perhaps as it's a bit larger now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachr3

pretty nifty! if i donated, would there be any bonus for me?

Donating is completely up to you, if you feel that the program has helped you and want to show your thanks. Perhaps it might give you a warm feeling!
22nd August 2007, 12:03 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t2t

Actually, if you have a ROM that already included any version of "biotouch settings", you can also install this, just by deleting the link (as in the instructions) in Windows\Startup and reseting. Cheers

No! Please DON'T try to install using this method!. This version uses a different patch of mediahubmini.exe, so it WON'T work properly. In particular, the choice of "Other" for your music app won't work if you do it this way.

That's precisely why I wrote the installation instructions the way that I did.

Please could you edit your post to discourage this, as I don't have time to deal with the support requests that it would cause.
22nd August 2007, 06:48 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Just what I was after.

Thanks

+ 1 beer

;)
22nd August 2007, 06:59 AM |#9  
Banned

More
thanxs bro nice apps
22nd August 2007, 09:32 AM |#10  
Flag London

More
Excellent app, one question though...
is there an option to reset everything back to default? Don't say "Hard reset" ;)

Just wondered as I changed my cube long ago and then thought "Damn, should have made a note of all the default parameters"!
22nd August 2007, 08:35 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehutch

is there an option to reset everything back to default? Don't say "Hard reset" ;)

Just wondered as I changed my cube long ago and then thought "Damn, should have made a note of all the default parameters"!

There is a default package in first post. "MediaHubMini_Original_Unpatched.zip" to be exact. That should put things back to default if I understand correctly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)