FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to disable USSD notification balloon?

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By ssyyssyy, Junior Member on 2nd September 2007, 04:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all

I'm trying to develop a windows mobile 5 managed application on AT&T 8525 smart phone, and on a prepaid plan from AT&T.

Unfortunately, the prepaid plan sim generates notification messages about the current balance preriodically, and this happens even if my application is running!!!

Is there anyway to trap, disable, or surpress system notification through managed code, phone settings, or registry hack?

I spent some time playing around with the registry settings, especially those under: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications. However, I was not able to get it to work.

Note that the notification comes from the network as a USSD message.

I have been trying to find a solution for this problem for a while, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stanley

16th February 2008, 04:39 PM |#2  

More
I have been looking for a way to disable ignore get rid of etc etc of that annoying USSD message. If you come up with anything please shoot me an e-mail.

However... I have a nokia 5500 that I use with a prepaid sim sometimes and it does something wierd. Usually it will start ignoring the balance notification message. If I have the MP3 player going and I send and recieve texts through the nokia suite it will eventually stop showing the messages. Not sure why and my Nokia friend didn't know why either. It has to go through the whole thing again if you reboot the phone though. I'm afraid to upgrade the firmware as I might loos this really great feature.

But if you come across something let me know as I have been digging all over for a solution and there is almost no info on it out there other than frustrated customers.
17th February 2008, 05:14 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
hklm\services\ussd
29th May 2008, 08:50 PM |#4  

More
Notification balloon suppression SOLVED
After much searching and tinkering I finally found a simple way to disable the annoying balance notification message that arrives after every data connection on the AT&T Pay As You Go service with a data package. This fix involves adding a single registry entry and it suppresses all USSD messages that originate from the carrier, even those that you might request manually.

Here is the registry change:

HLKM/ControlPanel/Phone
New value: SuppressUSSD := DWORD(1)

Add this value and (probably after a soft-reset) you will not be bothered with the $0.00 change notification messages.

-Kevin
22nd July 2008, 07:17 PM |#5  

More
Samsung Sync
I have this same problem with my Samsung Sync it is also prepaid. How do i disable the notifacation using Bitpim? or what is the program you used to disable it with.. Sorry I'm new to this and don't really understand what I'm doing.

Thanks
6th August 2008, 04:44 PM |#6  
Flag Danville, Il
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdkevin

HLKM/ControlPanel/Phone

Add this value and (probably after a soft-reset) you will not be bothered with the $0.00 change notification messages.

-Kevin

Thank you!! Worked like a charm
8th August 2008, 04:41 PM |#7  

More
Thanks
Many thank yous, worked for me as well. I called ATT before finding this and they told me there was no way to turn them off, looks like I have to spread the word now.
1st October 2008, 06:51 PM |#8  

More
HLKM/ControlPanel/Phone

-Kevin[/QUOTE]

I am new to registry editing. I am going into the phone folder (using PHM), Selecting "New DWORD value," typing "SuppressUSSD" in the value name field, entering 1 in the value data field, and selecting decimal. I am still getting the popup notifications.

Sorry to ask such a newbie question, but what am I doing wrong?
7th October 2008, 11:52 PM |#9  

More
help please.
Quote:

After much searching and tinkering I finally found a simple way to disable the annoying balance notification message that arrives after every data connection on the AT&T Pay As You Go service with a data package. This fix involves adding a single registry entry and it suppresses all USSD messages that originate from the carrier, even those that you might request manually.

HLKM/ControlPanel/Phone

-Kevin

is this something i have to do on the computer or on the phone? i need your help with this step by step. please reply asap. email at [email protected] if need be.
8th October 2008, 03:08 AM |#10  
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 918

More
This would be on the Hermes. You can find a regedit tool by using the search function or just check in your programs directory (check all folders too, especially tools) as it may have been cooked in.

Cheers...
7th December 2008, 12:13 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

HLKM/ControlPanel/Phone

-Kevin

Thanks a lot, you made my day.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)