Athena Project Black Touch Edition by PK

Search This thread

Pawel062

Dec 29, 2006
Screen002.png

Its finally here and its black.
Its 17944 dopod base with latest version apps cooked in and radio 1.50 included.

Includes:
Latest Office 2007 with One Note Mobile
Dopod sounds for emails, sms, and ringtones
Vista Device Center integration
Security Off
SDKCerts Integrated
PocketCM as default contact app(cab attached to go back to orig)
Lunar Calendar
IE searches google
Live Search also searches google
In Call volume change sound gone
3g prefix instead of UMTS in wireless plugin and 6 tab plugin(maybe in future)
Time From Network
Speed Tweeks make this rom FAST!!(note: speek tweeks make os snappier/more responsive so they wont show a difference in benchmark tools)
Slick Black Theme
Live Build 2700
BT FTP
BT SAP
Pocket RAR
Network Wizard latest from hermes
Task Mananger 1.51 build 30470
PK Programs 1.0(PocketCM, Task Manager with Regedit, screenshot app)
Tray App
WM5Storage 1.75
Batti 2.1
btIO
Total Commander
Remote Desktop
Soft Key App
vxUtil
Audio Manager with touch skin
Group SMS
Call Firewall
Shantz Today Changer
PIM Backup
Transcriber
Syncrotime

Special thanx to the Midget, ltxda, Mackaby007, Boinger, Olipro, Walshieau, Shadowmite, pof, bennec83, and anyone i am forgetting. This was a team effort by the Athena Project. We as a group developed the rom and put what was in there. I have only done rom cooking for a short time and without xda and its members i would not be here and neither would this rom.

For next version i will try to get a black skin maybe even from touch for comm mananger, dialer, streaming media, and media player. Also we will continue work on getting a stable and fast rltoday today screen plugin and/or the 6 tab kaiser plugin.

Attached is the cab to remove the X-Black text from today screen and to make the default/stock contact app come back. Links for ROM and Addons that didnt fit are in Second Post.

To Upgrade (by ltxda)

- You agree that you do so at your own risk with absolutely no liability resting with xda-developers nor the maker of this fine ROM! And to be 100% clear, if you screw up your device it's YOUR FAULT. If you don't agree don't touch. ;-)
- Unlock phone using OliPro's unlocker.
- Install ROM...
- Done!
- Enjoy and report any bugs.

More Shots of Rom:
welcomehead.192.png

pk3.bmp
Screen005.png

Last edited:

Pawel062

Dec 29, 2006
ROM:
Rapidshare: http://rapidshare.com/files/53007593/AP_Touch.rar
Mediamax Mirror(thanx englefield): http://www.mediamax.com/englefield/Hosted/AP_Touch.rar
Megaupload(thanx boinger): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T473OZLM

Addons(jetcet print, intellipad, adobe reader, opera, sprite backup, tcpmp and codecs, and pRSSreader):
Rapidshare: http://rapidshare.com/files/53008002/PK_1.0_Addons.rar
Megaupload(thanx boinger): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UKECIJMW
Megupload(thanx Mahmood) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AY2L3KLP

Bug Fixes 09/04/07 Attached to this post and way to go back to PocketCM for those who switched to default because of issues

Last edited:

Mahmood

it is nice but i hvae some questions regarding RealVGA :
1. the pocketCM will not work with real VGA because i have tested it and it doesnot work

2. Does this ROM contains the HTC audioplayer GREEN skin !!!! if yes how to activate it !! if not is it possible to make one ?

3. In this ROM NO realVGA ?

4. Do we have also the green theme included

i hoop that these are included !

Pawel062

Dec 29, 2006
it is nice but i hvae some questions regarding RealVGA :
1. the pocketCM will not work with real VGA because i have tested it and it doesnot work

2. Does this ROM contains the HTC audioplayer GREEN skin !!!! if yes how to activate it !! if not is it possible to make one ?

3. In this ROM NO realVGA ?

4. Do we have also the green theme included

i hoop that these are included !

1. Dont have device and we didnt test pocketCM in real VGA so no clue. will have to get Mackaby or another one fo the guys on the Athena Project to try this.

2. it has the touch skin. looks very slick. can look into make the green version in a cab at a later time.

3. No theres so many option with the dpi etc.. we decided those who use real vga can install it seperatly. we will see though maybe next version will have it.

4. i believe the windows default theme is included and not the green. u can prob find that around here and if not ill post it later.

mackaby007

Sep 16, 2005
I'll keep you informed as we go...

Think ol macka has fallen asleep at the keyb :)

haha I should be sleeping. I've had like 3 hours sleep in the last 48 hours LoL.

Anyway, the bad news is I'm using lameass Rapidshare Upload software @ 23.xxkbps :(

The good news is, it will be here within the hour or less. Sorry I can't get it uploaded any quicker.

At least I can tell you that it flashes with no issues at all and I'm loving all the on-board apps.

I'll test it out some more during the uploading and will check to make sure the basics are working like mp3's and media players etc, ring tones and what have you. These are things that work in the standard ROM so really shouldn't be an issue here, but I've red some of the disappointing posts about Midgets ROM and don't want a repeat of that here.

Big thanks to PK of course and most importantly, ltxda who took the initiative of recruiting PK for the job as progress was seemingly lacking in other areas of the Project. Cheers G.;)

This ROM is worth waiting for by the way;)

ETA 35 mins and counting...@ 2:01 GMT

boinger66

Jan 30, 2007
to those worried abotu pocketcm

IT DOES WORK IN VGA

you must just install an appropriate vga skin

these are available on pocketcm.com

mackaby007

Sep 16, 2005
I have some fast space I could mirror it at if it will help out (and its ok with the creators etc?)

tom

Thanks for the offer...boinger is currently also uploading to magaupload, so when it comes to ya, please do mirror it by all means. It'll help us all out.;)

69% done...15 more mins unless boingers uploads are really rapid..I think they are :)

Last edited:

boinger66

Jan 30, 2007
Thanks for the offer...boinger is currently also uploading to magaupload, so when it comes to ya, please do mirror it by all means. It'll help us all out.;)

69% done...15 more mins unless boingers uploads are really rapid..I think they are :)
i think mine will be done around the same time