Newbies Guide to Herald
Disclaimer: Please read ALL instructions listed for any item BEFORE actually following them. Make sure you have a good idea of what you're doing, and what you're supposed to be looking for. Im not responsible for any harm you may cause to your device following my steps. Anything I post here HAS worked on my Tmobile Wing and been tested.
Also, I have released a zip of everything needed to install a Touch IT OS. Check this thread here
I want to install a program, but dont know how to use .cab's
Its really easy.
1. Connect your computer to your device via USB
2. Explore your phones memory, and copy a downloaded .cab from the internet to your phone
3. RUN the .cab from your phone through the File Explorer
4. Whatever setup it is, it should complete, and it will delete the .cab afterwards to save space.
I want to backup my device:
Active Sync will back up your contacts, calendar, emails, notes, files and program data.
In addition, you can use PIMBackup for your Call Logs, Messages, Speed Dials, etc. and either Spb Backup or Sprite Backup for a full system backup (i.e. you won't have to reinstall all your apps as long as you restore to the same ROM you backed up from).
What are the different reset functions?
Soft reset - hit small circular reset button by volume slider(on wing) or bottom of phone (on Herald)
Hard reset - Press and hold both softkeys and press the soft reset button, continue to hold the softkeys til a prompt is brought up asking if you're sure you want to format. Press the call button to comfirm.
Enter bootloader - Press and hold the camera key, then press the soft reset button. Hold the camera button until the bootloader menu shows it. You will see 3 different gradient colors.
How Do I Install With NBH Method
View this video here: http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=khbzp03s07f
I want to install touchflo, but I need more instructions:
Here are my steps I used to install touchflo:
1. Download which version of Touch IT you want. For the Last version made, here is the link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=340403
2. Backup any information you wouldn't want to lose. Either backup to memory card or PC; your choice
3. At this point, You need to install the official RUU for your device, if you're already running the official RUU, then you need to hard reset your device. (Press and hold both soft keys and press reset button, continue to hold softkeys til screen displays to hard reset. Press the call button to continue). If you need to install the official RUU, continue to step 3a4Here is a list of uploaded RUUs
3a. Enter bootloader on your phone (Hold camera button and press reset, continue holding camera until a screen with 3 gradient colors shows up
3b. Connect your computer via USB to your ppc (Pocket PC)
3c. Run the RUU .exe from your hard drive, follow its simple onscreen instructions and click check boxes necessary to continue with the installation. This should take a few minutes, and you will more then likely see your screen flash and change things, this is normal, let it work. After a few minutes it will boot up and go into "automatic customization of your device", I continued this (screen alignment, tips, auto setup), and waited for my device to be totally ready for me to use.
4. Connect your device via USB to the PC and wait for activesync. If it automatically pulls up a profile for your phones sync, delete that profile. If it asks again to setup device for syncing items, click cancel. You will still be able to explore your phone and install devices without setting up the sync profile for your phone.
5. Make sure your phone is connected as a guest, if it is not, make sure it is. The method I used to do this was this zip file I ran "guest only" registration entry. (Make sure and run allow partnership registration after completing installation), but it should display as guest after the hard reset.
6. Copy aserg policies.cab to your mobile device
7. Run aserg policies.cab from your device
8. Soft reset (use stylus for button on side of wing, or on bottom of herald)
9. Go into your comm manager on your phone, and disable "phone". Basically enter flight mode so nothing can be sent to your phone during this process.
10. Once booted, its time to give it a shot. Make sure you're still connected as guest, and run !Upgrade_rom.bat from Touch_it folder on your PC
11. This will bring up a command prompt waiting for you to hit a key to begin, press any key
12. During this time it is installing, NEVER touch your phone or play with it in any matter. It may look as though the command prompt has gotten hung up at times, but leave it run until it completes (or fails). your phone will pop up a message saying "unknown status" or the likes, but dont close that window, like I said just leave it alone.
13. If you have no error messages in the command dialogue box then you're ready to hard reset your phone. (press both softkeys, and press reset, continue holding softkeys til you see a dialogue asking if its okay to restore settings, hit the call button to finish it)
14. Your device SHOULD boot normally, go through setup, and you should be golden.
If at any time there is an error during install, but you still let it complete, you might have a chance at it working. Hard reset it after completion (even with errors) just to see if it works. If it wont go past your Tmobile or HTC picture screen on bootup, then you have bricked your device. To UNbrick it, run steps 3a through 3c and reinstall the RUU.
If you get any errors, try and try again. Its proven working on several devices.
How do you enable the cube?
Start > Programs > TouchFlo > TF Settings
Here you can change how it operates, or turn it off.
Here are the ways to activate it
This image is not from the TouchIT but tom codons Black&Blue for the Artemis
I want to sync my outlook contacts, but activesync doesnt work!
I have found a workaround for this.
1. set up a windows live account (if you havnt already)
2. at the windows live homepage, import your contacts from outlook to your Live account
3. set up email via your Wing, on step 4 it will allow you to sync with Hotmail and Live
4. contacts should sync
This is a "quick fix" to the real problem not being able to sync. Using this method will store them all on your SIM, and make it Lastname, Firstname (annoying to me)
Changing the HTC home plugin clock colors
select your color:
HTC Home Clock Aqua Glow Thread
HTC Home Clock Eblue Glow Thread
HTC Home Clock Matrix Glow Thread
HTC Home Clock Purple Glow Thread
HTC Home Clock Red Glow Thread
HTC Home Clock Yellow Glow
For me, all I did was copy and paste these files to my windows directory and soft reset. It worked after that! Matrix FTW!
I enjoyed this guide and it helped me solve my problem/questions I had. Is there a place to donate?
I would be happy to accept donations
All donations can be sent via paypal to: TylerC161@hotmail.com