FORUMS

TouchNav - Scroll With Your Fingers!!! (Alpha 2)

43 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By rathoughts, Member on 3rd September 2007, 10:02 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi All,

Ever had troubles trying to scroll a window with your finger by tapping the scrollbar? Well this enhancement will solve this issue. Now you can scroll with your fingers, ANYWHERE on the screen.

Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Changes from Alpha:
-PIE scrollable now!
-Bug fixes
-Performance enhancments, somewhat.

Requirements:
-Compact Framework v2 (SP1)

If you like it, show me the money.
*** Part of the funds donated will go to a non-profit that I work with. ***
Attached Files
File Type: cab TouchNavInstall.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (908.2 KB, 4063 views)
3rd September 2007, 10:25 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It doesn't work with atom life.. ..

Error : Cant find PInvoke DLL 'TouchNavImpl'
3rd September 2007, 10:38 AM |#3  

More
work fine with x01ht...but the scroll speed to slow with me...
3rd September 2007, 10:43 AM |#4  
Flag Indonesia

More
Does it work with like flick-scroll capabilities? And also has the inverted y-axis direction been corrected?
3rd September 2007, 10:55 AM |#5  

More
Work well with PIE and Hermes. But unable to scroll with other touch program ie PocketCM, etc. Be nice if this app included exlusion list option for these touch programs. Many thanks again
3rd September 2007, 10:58 AM |#6  

More
problems with other apps....pocketcm and icontacts...
this is a very goood program...although i like the pocketcm interface of scrolling with my contacts..i though that pocketcm was just acting up so i tried i contacts and same thing...so now... disable it from the home/today screen and voila pocketcm works again... can i get this to co-exist with pocketcm and/or icontacts? i really love the way programs and PIE work like a charm with this..any help appreciated..
3rd September 2007, 11:08 AM |#7  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 416

More
I tried it with a qtek9000 (wm6) and it worked, but it repeats twice the tap action, and the scrolling action isn't that easy.
But it is a very promising application.
Thank you!
3rd September 2007, 11:41 AM |#8  

More
the good-

1. Now scrolls in the correct direction so that is good.

the bad-

1. Shortcuts and web links are getting activated when lifting finger of the screen.

2. 'Tap and Hold' context menu is disabled in all applications (i.e. PIE, Newsbreak ect..)

3. The scroll is too fast compared with finger movement.

wish list-

1. I use and like the builtin screen drag in PIEPlus. So therefore would be nice to exclude cerstain applications (I think others have asked for this ability also).

Anyways, I appreciate your efforts to make PPC more finger friendly and this is a good start.
3rd September 2007, 12:24 PM |#9  

More
Does anyone knows why it wudn't work on atom life and what "Error : Cant find PInvoke DLL 'TouchNavImpl'" means? I would love to try this app out...
3rd September 2007, 01:35 PM |#10  

More
WM2003SE compatibility! Please?
3rd September 2007, 04:33 PM |#11  
Flag San Jose, CA
Thanks Meter: 2

More
my thoughts
i have to be honest, i didn't expect this to actually work. but right after i installed and SR'ed, it worked like a charm! i'm impressed. however, some issues.

one thing that others have noticed is that it seems to have disabled any form of scrolling that is not related to scroll bars. for example, both my PocketCM and my Slide2Unlock were nonfunctional once this alpha was running.

2nd: again, as noted by kismat1970, it completely disables any form of tap and hold, which renders a vast majority of PPC applications useless.

along with fixes to those problems, i would also like to see an exclusion list, and perhaps a way to temporarily disable it? like when you tap on the small icon on the today screen, there is only an option to exit. i would like if there was sort of a toggle (as a side effect, a toggle would be a temporary workaround for the two problems i listed; however, not a permanent fix, for sure)

Good work on the alpha, overall. I'll keep my eye on this to see how it develops.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)