Flashing the Asus Zenfone 4 with Stock ROM

Search This thread

Sudish2606

Dec 14, 2015
To recover the bootloop issue, stucked on boot screen, you can try these step

**I have check many steps provided by experts(with due respect to all), it was not working like flashing with the "Asus Flash Tool Installer_1.0.0.7" issue was unable to select the RAW file, so I have tried many things they did not worked. Then I downloaded the "Asus Flash Tool Installer_1.0.0.0(older version)"> Select the phone model as PF400 CG> IT WORKED :D:D, so I am posting this one.
******Try at your Own Risk********(but there is no risk as your phone is already dead...
*********PREVIOUS DATA WILL BE ERASED**********

** First you must install these :
1. Intel Usb Driver: http://d-h.st/VfO
2. Asus Flash Tool Installer_1.0.0.0(older version) : http://fs1.d-h.st/download/00140/LGq/AsusFlashToolInstaller.exe
3. Asus zenfone 4 raw file: http://www.mediafire.com/download/prtp8p7ok6s9izf/Zenfone+4+V4.3.10.raw

After you install, follow my steps carefully
1. Boot your phone into droidboot by pressing Power Button + Vol Up
2. In your PC Open Asus Flash Tool
3. In Select the phone model as PF400 CG, also Wipe data (yes) and choose the raw file
4. Plug your phone to your PC
5. After you plug your phone you will see a serial number , and click your device (it will highlighted with Blue color)
6. Start flashing
7. After flashing ,your phone will automatically reboot
8. Enjoy.

**after this, if your phone works, go to setting>about phone> s/w update> repeat the same again.....it may possible that you will get the kitkat or lollipop update from ASUS OTA(because i have received the same, still is not downloading, once it is getting finsihed I will let you know).

Thanks and Best of luck...:good::good::good:

XDA:DevDB Information
Boot Screen stucked!!!Flashing the Asus Zenfone 4 with Stock ROM, ROM for the Asus Zenfone 4

Contributors
Sudish2606, Sudish2606
ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean

Version Information

Created 2015-12-27
Last Updated 2015-12-27

Reactions: opickbenkbenk

opickbenkbenk

Jun 29, 2013
yogyakarta
My AFT won't read the RAW file, what should i do ?
note:
1.i has try to use other version of AFT but still not work
2.My PC is ASUS K54DR (AMD A8) running windows 7
3.Driver was installed successful
4.HH was detected with blue sign
view

Last edited:

Queensome

Jan 10, 2016
Same problem here please help

My AFT won't read the RAW file, what should i do ?
note:
1.i has try to use other version of AFT but still not work
2.My PC is ASUS K54DR (AMD A8) running windows 7
3.Driver was installed successful
4.HH was detected with blue sign
view

Its been 2 weeks since i've been facing this problem and still no luck please help us...

Queensome

Jan 10, 2016
the AFT i installed on my pc doesnt detect the raw file i have
i've spend two weeks to solve this still no luck
please give me some advice how do i fixed my zenfone 4 its stuck on ASUS LOGO

Fix it already but got a new problem

Flash image failure(FAILED (remote: ERROR: Image-SKU: 'TW_Zenfone' Device-SKU: 'WW_Zenfone'))

pickarooney

Apr 4, 2011
I don't hold out much hope going on the comments, but does anyone have any actual links to the files in the OP which aren't just filthy spyware crap?

Varun Sehdev

Jan 24, 2017
Help , error at flashing raw file

Hello ! I've tried to unlock bootloader at first and succeeded in that when i was on the lollipop . Unlocking is done by the unlock tool provided by the ASUS Officials.
Then i flashed the cynogen 12.1 unofficial via a boot.img , atwrp v3.img & a system.img.
Everything was fine until i needed to revert back to stock firmware.
And also everytime when i try to boot into recovery via Power & volume (-) button , it boots into system.
I used "adb reboot recovery" to boot into twrp recovery .
So, to revert back i saw a method in which we flash a raw firmware , and i downloaded a 4.0.3 for Asus Zenfone 4.
But after flashing it , the bootloader i unlocked , got locked by itself (means i can open droid boot but cannot modify boot and recovery partition via "fastboot flash boot boot.img" & "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" ).
I can only flash system via " fastboot flash system system.img".
I tried to unlock it on Jelly Bean but no success.
Also i tried updating the firmawre via OTA and flashing zip in recovery mode but i was not able to boot into recovery mode, even with "adb reboot recovery".
It always ends up with a reboot , then booting into a 'Android logo for 200 to 300 millisec' , & then boot into system.
Then i found a KitKat firmware raw file , but when i flashed it via AFT 1.0.0.0 , it always gives error "no space left for flashing modem binary".
I tried "fastboot erase data" ,"fastboot erase userdata" ,"fastboot erase cache" , & "fastboot erase system" , but ended up with stock rom with no modem binary.
So , i tried to unlock the bootloader again by the "unlock tool" provided by ASUS , but even after connected to a high speed Wifi , It gives connection error and rest of the other things are working fine like browser etc.
I also tried to flash the modem.zip inside the stock firmware zip via fastboot as : "fastboot flash update modem.zip. It has flashed the zip but still no modem binary.
Then i tried to flash the bin file inside the modem.zip as : fastboot flash radio radio_firmware.bin and it gives error : No space left for flashing modem binary.

Now i have a bootloader (locked) but no recovery and a stock firmware with no modem binary.

sasukay

Apr 12, 2014
Haridwar
technobabaon.wordpress.com
@Varun Sehdev, I always flashed the stock ROW firmware using the AFT 1.0.0 and never had any such problems. You can try renaming the row file such that its name doesn't have any spaces. Sometimes things as small as this are the real culprit.
Also, if you can boot into system then you should not bother about unlocking bootloader or anything. Just use the phone till you can because the development, which I never felt there was in the first place, has been left more than a year ago. So there's nothing to dream of.

solomanlye69

Oct 13, 2014
Same Problem - Need Solution Please

I have the same problem :(

i am trying to flash my Asus Zenfone 4 (A400CG) with AFT (because it was stuck in Bootloop). Using AFT v1.0.0.14 together with zenfone 4 v4.3.1.0 raw file. (zip)

Just as AFT is about to flash image, an error "Flashimage failure (Failed remote no enough DATA space, please free 876 MB at least)

I really need some assistance here as i would like to revive this phone to make it as a backup phone for the house.

Any assistance is most appreciated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To recover the bootloop issue, stucked on boot screen, you can try these step

**I have check many steps provided by experts(with due respect to all), it was not working like flashing with the "Asus Flash Tool Installer_1.0.0.7" issue was unable to select the RAW file, so I have tried many things they did not worked. Then I downloaded the "Asus Flash Tool Installer_1.0.0.0(older version)"> Select the phone model as PF400 CG> IT WORKED :D:D, so I am posting this one.
    ******Try at your Own Risk********(but there is no risk as your phone is already dead...
    *********PREVIOUS DATA WILL BE ERASED**********

** First you must install these :
    1. Intel Usb Driver: http://d-h.st/VfO
    2. Asus Flash Tool Installer_1.0.0.0(older version) : http://fs1.d-h.st/download/00140/LGq/AsusFlashToolInstaller.exe
    3. Asus zenfone 4 raw file: http://www.mediafire.com/download/prtp8p7ok6s9izf/Zenfone+4+V4.3.10.raw

After you install, follow my steps carefully
    1. Boot your phone into droidboot by pressing Power Button + Vol Up
    2. In your PC Open Asus Flash Tool
    3. In Select the phone model as PF400 CG, also Wipe data (yes) and choose the raw file
    4. Plug your phone to your PC
    5. After you plug your phone you will see a serial number , and click your device (it will highlighted with Blue color)
    6. Start flashing
    7. After flashing ,your phone will automatically reboot
    8. Enjoy.

**after this, if your phone works, go to setting>about phone> s/w update> repeat the same again.....it may possible that you will get the kitkat or lollipop update from ASUS OTA(because i have received the same, still is not downloading, once it is getting finsihed I will let you know).

Thanks and Best of luck...:good::good::good:

XDA:DevDB Information
    Boot Screen stucked!!!Flashing the Asus Zenfone 4 with Stock ROM, ROM for the Asus Zenfone 4

Contributors
    Sudish2606, Sudish2606
    ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean

Version Information

Created 2015-12-27
    Last Updated 2015-12-27