Some of the possible uses have been added at second post below.
This is more advanced version of my application rk-Sleep, where you could just perform one action at one location.
rk-LocSwitch can have any numbers of locations and any numbers of actions. But please do understand that this is not a 'readymade profile application' but by configuring it properly you could make it a profile application and much more. Ultimately you can automatically customize your phone based on where you are and the time span you setup.
Also support fixed actions, actions at pre-defined time, not based on the location (This is helpfull to set up backlight 'Bright' during day hrs and 'dim' during eventing/nights)(This feature is freeware and does not expire)
Now the important thing, this is not a freeware, it is 3.99 USD for XDA-Developers.com members. The trial version runs for 15 days so that you can test it and see if it satisfies you.
- Support for undefined/unknown location actions added.
- Application now by default starts in minimized mode(not the sys tray mode)
- Error while 'Testing' the actions is rectified.
- Option to Show/Hide the Tray icon added
- Debug support added.
- Cosmetic changes done.
- Support for hide/show 'Un-Defined' location icon.
- Bug fixes
- Support command line tags, eg Application could automatically send information such as LocationName, LAC, CellID by using the command line tags <LocationName>, <LAC>, <CellID. By this you could even send sms based on your location Entry/Exit along with location info.
- Application can update registry with the current Location name, LAC and CellID.(HKCU\Software\rk-LocSwitch). Now your custom application can access the location information!
- New menu added to copy TowerIds from one location to other.
- New menu added to copy actions from one location to other.
- New menu to force saving of the configuration data.
- Bug fixes
- Install the application.
- Run the application rk-LocSwitch from programs for the first time from the programs menu, after which the application starts automatically after soft resets.
- A new task bar icon will appear in the task tray, click it to launch the application(application runs hidden, this is the only way you can access the UI to set it up)
- First tab in the application is ‘General’, the information mostly read-only; you can specify the polling time (in minutes) and enable/disable the application.
- ‘Locations’: lot of information here. First you create a new location from the top part of the screen.
- Location name is just a name such as ‘My Home’, ‘Office’ etc
- Choose a icon ‘which would be displayed on the top notification bar’(you can have custom icons, just add the icons to the ‘\Icons’ folder under \Programs\rk-LocSwitch)
- Check the box ‘Notify’(when ever you are at known location, a icon would show up on the title bar)
- Specify the time frame such as 08:00 to 18:00(day schedule) or 22:00 to 06:00(for night schedule)
- Specify if the location is of 'Undifined Type', If undefined then time frame settings are ignored and LocationIds are removed automatically.
- Click OK to save this location
- Add the current tower id displayed to the list, you could have multiple towers (if the location has interference from multiple towers or if you have say multiple ‘Places’ put under same location. Such as you want to configure the location ‘Office’ at two different physical locations but you want to have similar actions to perform.)
- Now go to the ‘Actions’ button
- You have ‘Entry’ and ‘Exit’ actions. You can add multiple actions for each action type. You can even order then ‘up’ or ‘down’. Use the ‘Action’ menu for additional commands such as ‘test the action’.
- Next tab is 'Fixed Actions' here you could setup actions independent of 'Location' meaning these actions takes place irrespective of 'Locations' Useful for setting the backlight of the device.
- Next tab is log where each attempt based on the polling time is logged. You can change the log action to log all, location change (Actions) only or none. Once you understand the concept put it to ‘None’(but if you think that something is not working then switch the log to all and investigate)
- Last tab about: which is basically the registration module and the version info
- Notes: if you want to configure home day and home night, you must have two locations setup such as ‘Home Day’ and ‘Home Sleep’ have the time frames carefully set e.g. 08:00 to 22:00(Home Day) and or 22:00 to 06:00(for night schedule). Do not overlap the time frames!
- Keep the polling time as large as possible, unless you need real time response.(although I found keeping the polling to minimum (=2 minutes) did not make any noticeable difference to battery usage!. But test it out.
- Do not forget to configure the ‘Entry’ and ‘Exit’ actions properly. Enter and exit actions generally should be cancelling each other (i.e. if you switch on flight mode on entry, make sure you have flight mode off on exit)
- System is real time( ± Polling Time) , so if you are at home with flight mode activated and if you leave the home at mid night phone would switch back on.
- If you really want to exit the program, use the right menu ‘Options’ and choose ‘Save & Exit’
- When you start the application(not while activating the rk-LocSwitch) make sure the phone is not in flight mode
- More importantly this is a ‘Switcher’ so I do not supply any command line applications to do your custom tasks; they are available in this site and over the internet. You are welcome to link in this thread so that it can be easily accessed by other users. But if some customization what you want is not available then you can make a request, and I will do my best to find one or built it myself.
Note: This application requires Compact Framework 2.0
You need compact framework 2.0 installed inorder to run this application. The compact framework is already part of WM6, so if your device is WM6 skip this step. But most of the WM5 devices do not have this update. So you must download here and run the installation on your desktop (then active sync to update your device). Only after completing this step install the application.
Thank you all for the support.
Download from here