FORUMS

ShNotePad

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By shahram_k-jam, Junior Member on 12th September 2007, 07:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

ShNotePad is a completely UNICODE Compatible text editor that works with any UNICODE compatible input method. You can create, open, edit and save text files that have a mixture of Farsi/English characters.

Todo:
  • Open file in the thread.
  • Show progress bar file loading.
  • View last edit, last use & file size.
  • Zooming function by Navigate sensor in in Touch Diamond, Touch Pro and Touch HD.
  • G Sensor functions for auto rotating screen in Touch Diamond, Touch Pro and Touch HD.
  • Change open file dialog.

Requirements:
• Windows Mobile 5.0, 6, 6.1
.NET CF v2.0

History:

version 2.0.0
  • During type , editor size changes , so it won't hide behind on screen keyboard.
  • Font can be selected by user.
  • Find And Replace dialog style has changed.
  • Edited files would be marked with a *.
  • Italian and French support included.
  • Empty Find & Replace bug fix.

version 1.1.6
  • Replace added.
  • Show Message on exit.

version 1.1.5
  • Parsing parameter to open file
  • Faster to load file.

Screen shot:

Screen5
Screen6 - Screen7 - Screen8

Download:
Download Version 2.0.0
nothin
13th September 2007, 03:50 AM |#2  

More
thanks i'll try it.
13th September 2007, 08:11 AM |#3  
Flag Prague

More
Hi!

I tried it and it works so far, but.. Is there any command line parameter to open some file?

I wanted to associate this notepad with .txt files and used standard command line: ShNotePad.exe %1, but notepad doesn't open the file.

Thank you!
21st September 2007, 11:19 AM |#4  

More
Just to let you know that this works on my 2003SE device with .NET installed.

A request - Can you make it so it will open files other than .txt ? I'd like to use it to edit mortscript files on my device which end .mscr. Is this possible or is it a limitation of the operating system?
5th October 2007, 01:00 AM |#5  
Flag London

More
Parameter parsing
Quote:
Originally Posted by efrost

I wanted to associate this notepad with .txt files and used standard command line: ShNotePad.exe %1, but notepad doesn't open the file.

I concur with efrost here. When I associate txtfile with ShNotePad and then click on a .txt file, it simply opens the empty editor. It does not parse the parameter. I currently use Tillanosoft's Notepad. ShNotePad, albeit a tiny bit slower at loading, would be a massive improvement if it could be used as the default editor for txt files. Please Mohammad!
15th October 2007, 03:18 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Tehran

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonDweller

I concur with efrost here. When I associate txtfile with ShNotePad and then click on a .txt file, it simply opens the empty editor. It does not parse the parameter. I currently use Tillanosoft's Notepad. ShNotePad, albeit a tiny bit slower at loading, would be a massive improvement if it could be used as the default editor for txt files. Please Mohammad!

ok.
im working the new version of shnotepad...
new version is comming soon...
15th October 2007, 08:10 PM |#7  
Flag London

More
Thumbs up Wish list: save open files when in background
Quote:

new version is comming soon...

Yepeee!

Since I have your ear (if you don't ask you don't get), may I suggest one FINAL item for your wish list? It is to do with how most people use computers and, specially, PDAs: you are writing something using ShNotePad, the phone rings, you answer, you enter an appointment, do something else, forget about your notes, later you reboot your PDA, your notes are gone!

Would it be feasible to have ShNotePad to save all open tabs to temporary files as soon as the session goes to the background? That way when you come back to it all tabs will still be there, regardless of the PDA rebooting or not. I seem to remember the Windows text editor Notetab does something similar.

The issue of wanting to go back to a previous version could be resolved by saving any files with changes to a temporary file. When there is an explicit instruction to save, then the temporary overwrites the previous version. But until then you could have an option to "revert to previous".

I personally believe that with those changes this should be the editor of choice for all ROMers in these forums -don't forget to place the "donate" button to compensate for your sleepless nights
3rd November 2007, 12:24 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Tehran

More
New Version 1.1.5
Hi.

new version of ShNotepad.

new added:
  • Parsing parameter to open file
  • faster to load file

Download from first page
6th November 2007, 01:22 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Tehran

More
New Version 1.1.6
hi.
new version 1.1.6

add:
* Replace Added.
* Show Message on exit.

Download from first post
6th November 2007, 01:55 PM |#10  
Flag Mississauga
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Excellent :)
7th November 2007, 03:46 AM |#11  

More
What is this note program good for?
Salam,

I can use the LingvoSoft Farsi keyboard and the Notepad program that comes with Pocket PC to do the same (type Farsi and English). I don’t understand the purpose of your program.

Merci,
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
shnotepad, text editor, unicode editor

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)