FORUMS

Keep Titan in landscape mode always?

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By scoutmasterdave, Junior Member on 13th September 2007, 01:24 AM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
I'd like to always have my Titan in landscape mode, and I'd like it to stay that way even when I open and close the keyboard. My old Apache did the same annoying thing - you can switch to landscape mode in the Settings > System > Screen, but as soon as you open and close the keyboard it switches right back to portrait.

Surely there is SOME way to make the phone stay in landscape, right?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

-Dave
13th September 2007, 01:33 AM |#2  

More
theres a exe file out there called landscaper that allows the phone to always switch to landscape mode. When you wake the phone up or slide the keyboard the screen will change back to portrait but only briefly (you can set the amount of time in the options menu if you set it to 0 its pretty quick that it goes back to landscape). You will have to either put it in the start up folder or manually start the program each time after a soft reset. I personally just settled on mapping a hard key to rotate the screen and find this easier and quicker. Google Landscaper exe and Im sure you'll find it, if not PM me and I can send it to you. (dont think I can attach it here)

sorry didn't know this one posted!
13th September 2007, 01:36 AM |#3  

More
there's an exe file out there called landscaper that allows the phone to always switch to landscape mode. When you wake the phone up or slide the keyboard the screen will change back to portrait but only briefly (you can set the amount of time in the options menu, if you set it to 0 its pretty quick that it goes back to landscape). You will have to either put it in the start up folder or manually start the program each time after a soft reset. I personally just decided on mapping a hard key to rotate the screen and find this easier and quicker. check it out, its attached
Attached Files
File Type: zip Landscaper.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.8 KB, 227 views)
13th September 2007, 05:01 AM |#4  

More
i just wanna thank you i too was looking for this app
14th September 2007, 08:35 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by authenticsketch

i just wanna thank you i too was looking for this app

me 2! man this is great
15th September 2007, 03:23 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
it goes back to portrait when you open and close the keyboard, plus it doesn't work after a soft reset--reverts back to portrait.

--James
15th September 2007, 09:27 PM |#7  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 100

More
There's apps that let you change the orientation of the screen. Just set one to a hardware button. Sometimes you have to work with what you're given.
17th September 2007, 10:47 PM |#8  

More
thanks. i asked for this before and got some snooty replies, glad not everyone is like that
18th September 2007, 07:30 PM |#9  

More
hey after using the app i dont like it no more i want to just keep it in landscape no changing to portrait then back to landscape that takes to much time please help if this is possible
18th September 2007, 09:18 PM |#10  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by You stole Boo Boo's Name

thanks. i asked for this before and got some snooty replies, glad not everyone is like that

You get snooty replies because you ask questions a simple search could answer and you do it in inappropriate forums with a statement in the title instead of a question. Simple as that.
19th September 2007, 06:26 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Obviously not a perfect solution, but much better than before. Thank you!
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread