Unofficial TWRP MAGURO 3.0.0-0

Search This thread

vocoderism

Sep 5, 2012
Milan
Unofficial TWRP Touch Recovery for Galaxy Nexus codename MAGURO

IgPXojC.png

TWRP is an open source, community project. TWRP development is done by roughly 4 people at this point. We also have a large support community with many people who are willing to answer questions and help people with their devices either through our IRC channel or on forums like xda-developers.

Team Win was originally formed to work on porting WiMAX to CM7 for the HTC EVO 4G. After our work on the EVO 4G we wanted to work on a project that would work on more devices than just the EVO 4G and we settled on working on a recovery. Today TWRP is the leading custom recovery for Android phones.

A custom recovery is used for installing custom software on your device. This custom software can include smaller modifications like rooting your device or even replacing the firmware of the device with a completely custom “ROM” like OmniROM

You can find the source code for TWRP at github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery/

Screenshots:

Screenshot_1970-04-22-23-14-27.png

Screenshot_1970-04-22-23-14-32.png

Flashing Instructions:
To install recovery images use Flashify / Rashr from Play Store or flash in your current recovery. Otherwise do the following:
1. Go in fastboot mode (hold down Power + Vol down for a few seconds.
2. Open terminal window/command prompt to execute following commands
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.0-0-maguro.img
or for f2fs
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.0-0_f2fs-maguro.img
3. With volume up and down select recovery mode e click power
4. Enjoy you reboot in TWRP 3.0.0

Download Links:
TWRP-3.0.0-0

Download Links F2FS variant:
TWRP-3.0.0-0_F2FS

XDA:DevDB Information
Unofficial TWRP MAGURO 3.0.0-0, Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Contributors
vocoderism

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 1.0
Beta Release Date: 2016-02-18

Created 2016-02-18
Last Updated 2016-02-18

Oehr

Sep 7, 2012
Thanks for the build!

Unfortunately, it seems like 3.0 still cannot access encrypted /data partitions (of android 5.1), or is this a bug only on maguro builds?

"Could not mount /data and unable to find crypto footer."

vocoderism

Sep 5, 2012
Milan
Thanks for the build!

Unfortunately, it seems like 3.0 still cannot access encrypted /data partitions (of android 5.1), or is this a bug only on maguro builds?

"Could not mount /data and unable to find crypto footer."
You must format data to access it

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

siealex

Jul 22, 2008
Kharkov
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
Can you install OpenGapps (e. g. Micro) for 6.0 with this recovery? The first unofficial build couldn't do this.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

I don't really want to give up encryption, nor my encrypted data ^^
Encryption does not make any sense on Android, since Google always knows the encryption key. Disabling encryption boosts writing speed at least twice.

Oehr

Sep 7, 2012
Can you install OpenGapps (e. g. Micro) for 6.0 with this recovery? The first unofficial build couldn't do this.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Encryption does not make any sense on Android, since Google always knows the encryption key. Disabling encryption boosts writing speed at least twice.
Proof? Also: I dont have googleapps on my phone, so it may not even apply to my case.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unofficial TWRP Touch Recovery for Galaxy Nexus codename MAGURO

IgPXojC.png

TWRP is an open source, community project. TWRP development is done by roughly 4 people at this point. We also have a large support community with many people who are willing to answer questions and help people with their devices either through our IRC channel or on forums like xda-developers.

Team Win was originally formed to work on porting WiMAX to CM7 for the HTC EVO 4G. After our work on the EVO 4G we wanted to work on a project that would work on more devices than just the EVO 4G and we settled on working on a recovery. Today TWRP is the leading custom recovery for Android phones.

A custom recovery is used for installing custom software on your device. This custom software can include smaller modifications like rooting your device or even replacing the firmware of the device with a completely custom “ROM” like OmniROM

You can find the source code for TWRP at github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery/

Screenshots:

Screenshot_1970-04-22-23-14-27.png

Screenshot_1970-04-22-23-14-32.png

Flashing Instructions:
    To install recovery images use Flashify / Rashr from Play Store or flash in your current recovery. Otherwise do the following:
    1. Go in fastboot mode (hold down Power + Vol down for a few seconds.
    2. Open terminal window/command prompt to execute following commands
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.0-0-maguro.img
    or for f2fs
    fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.0-0_f2fs-maguro.img
    3. With volume up and down select recovery mode e click power
    4. Enjoy you reboot in TWRP 3.0.0

Download Links:
    TWRP-3.0.0-0

Download Links F2FS variant:
    TWRP-3.0.0-0_F2FS

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unofficial TWRP MAGURO 3.0.0-0, Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Contributors
    vocoderism

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1.0
    Beta Release Date: 2016-02-18

Created 2016-02-18
    Last Updated 2016-02-18
    Soon i create build for encrypted data support

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk
    Do not work, if DATA in f2fs:crying:

is standard recovery

i will try to build also support for f2fs
    Do not work, if DATA in f2fs:crying:
    try this build

http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=16913

if it will be fine i will upate thread also for f2fs support
    You should offer to be the official maintainer. See my posts in the official TWRP maguro thread. :)