Change shortcut icons on WM6

Search This thread

mattw951

Jun 27, 2007
Hey guys...I have searched and search the forums for a way to change the shortcut icons for my programs...can anyone help me with this? I downloaded resource editor but I cannot get it to work...I cant believe something that should be so simple is this much of a pain!!

Anyways, I appreciate any help that you guys/gals can offer.

mattw951

Jun 27, 2007
AWESOME!!! They both work like a charm!!!

Since you have to pay for SK Tools I guess I will go with the freeware...but thanks again this was exactly what i needed and very user friendly!

mrram

Apr 30, 2006
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5
Here's Pics

Checkout some of mine!!! Vistaized!!!!

Attachments

• Project2.jpg
    Project2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,386

mattw951

Jun 27, 2007

Ive got a question about using ResHacker...what file format do the icons have to be in? Ive got them in .ico also I am trying to put a icon to an application that doesnt currently have one do you know how I can do this in Res Hacker

In SKtools: I'm having problems with the icon format as well...any idea what format its looking for?

I guess I spoke to soon about them running perfect :(

reamalaka

Sep 4, 2008
Huawei Mate X
any help on this one. I have shortcut creator and for some reason when i point it to the Lnk file then to the ico file it just makes a duplicate and renames the old .bak. the icons don't change?

I tried the sk iconmaker and it won't show any of my ico files in the folder.

how can you change icons?

Aug 2, 2008
Well, You could do it manually. To change the icon of all shortcuts download a registry editor (PHM RegEdit is free and great), Then goto HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\inkfile\defaulticon.Edit the string value "default" to the path to the icon you whant all shortcuts to have. The path must lead to a exe, dll or ico file.

DOWNLOAD rViwer TO MANAGE ICON IN dll FILES
http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-download-rviewer-v0-2.html

Last edited:

vikasraj

Mar 15, 2008
Calgary
Has anyone tried to sucessfull take out the dll file from the folder to the storage card....

kindly help if yes..

wg5566

Feb 5, 2009
SEA

Attachments

• ROMExtractor.zip
    9 KB · Views: 72

wg5566

Feb 5, 2009
SEA
Tools for hacking dll, exe, etc. for shortcut icons.

Add one more tools:

Restorator,
Restorator is an award-winning utility to edit windows resources in applications and their components, e.g. files with .exe, .dll, .res, .rc, .dcr, extension (see PE files and RES files).
Change, add, remove resources such as text, images, icons, sounds, videos, version, dialogs and menus in almost all programs.
Restorator is used for translation/localization, customization, design improvement and development.
This resource editor comes with an intuitive user-interface, complete documentation with many examples and prompt user support in the discussion forums or via email.
Download: [trial version] - [patch for full version]

besides we got:

SK Shortcut Manager
try this
http://www.s-k-tools.com/sksmgr/sksmgr.html
it's exactly what you are looking for..

Resource Hacker

Resource Editor
Colin Wilson has written an open source Resource Editor which may interest those looking for source code.

RViewer for PPC
Well, You could do it manually. To change the icon of all shortcuts download a registry editor (PHM RegEdit is free and great), Then goto HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\inkfile\defaulticon.Edit the string value "default" to the path to the icon you whant all shortcuts to have. The path must lead to a exe, dll or ico file.
DOWNLOAD rViwer TO MANAGE ICON IN dll FILES
http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-download-rviewer-v0-2.html

&
RomExtractor(PPC exe)
Are you trying to extract the files from the ROM? You can use ROMExtractor to copy hard to get files from device. just run the exe and select the filesyou want.

Last edited: