FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What other features do you want in future release?

RSA public/private key

14 Vote(s)
30.43%
AES version

19 Vote(s)
41.30%
Built-in SMS message sender/reader

17 Vote(s)
36.96%
File encryption

21 Vote(s)
45.65%
Folder/directory encryption

20 Vote(s)
43.48%
I don't care

7 Vote(s)
15.22%

[Release]01/10 Blender - Message encrypter

1,937 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By hanmin, Retired Moderator on 28th September 2007, 09:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Blender - XXTea Edition

----------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATED
Version 1.1
- Problems with copy-paste, which hangs the software. (Fixed)

----------------------------------------------------------------

My first PPC program for encrypting information/messages.

I store my information in Outlook Notes (or PPC Notes) to have them synced with my PC. However, there are certain information that just seems too sensitive to be saved in plain text. I have tried those secure database, however, they are just rather a bit.. heavy. I used to have a software in Palm that does just string (i.e. sentence) encrypting, which I find very good. The nearest thing that I've found for myself, is nomb, but I seems to have started to piss the author off a bit with my demand.. and I kinda solve my programming problems thanks to levenum here.

Anyway, the software runs on XXTea cipher as it is easier for me to write from scratch (hence the software itself is VERY small, if I were to get rid of the graphics ). I can do a AES version, but I don't see the point of doing so with nomb around. Anyway...

Suggest usage
--------------------
Information storage: Store your stuff as you already do in your Outlook Note, Contacts, etc securely with encrypted message instead. You may decrypt the information within Blender or some other web pages that use the same algorithm XXTea (i.e. http://www.farfarfar.com/scripts/encrypt/) NOTE: I'm not in any way associate with this site. We are just using the same algorithm. I also have my own Java applet almost ready to be deployed (if anyone is interested) to be hosted on your own webpage, which you will know be always online and secure.

With Blender available in webpages, desktop PC (my Java applet runs as a standalone application too), and Pocket PC, you may actually, encrypt your message and have it written on a piece of paper, to be decrypted anywhere (with or without your Pocket PC)

Message exchange: Send secret message to anyone via SMS. The encrypted message is nearly as long as the original message (approx 25% longer, on block of 4 characters), you can send secret SMS to anyone, with or without a Pocket PC (using webpage decryptor and desktop standand alone application).

Limitation
-----------------
- Does not encrypt message with 4 or less characters
- As with standard XXTea implementation, effective password length of 16 chars
- UNICODE currently not supported

Feed back feedback feedback ...

Links
------------
If you want AES and file encryption, try nomb?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blenderScr01.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	52440   Click image for larger version

Name:	blenderScr03.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	52442   Click image for larger version

Name:	package.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	52443   Click image for larger version

Name:	blenderScr02.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	52719  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Blender_xxtea_ppc_v1_manual_v1_pdf.zip - [Click for QR Code] (266.4 KB, 338 views)
File Type: cab hanminBlender_v1.1.cab - [Click for QR Code] (29.1 KB, 311 views)

28th September 2007, 09:53 PM |#2  
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up Excellent work!!!
Nice work hanmin - I vote for file + folder encryption in a future release.

I keep work related files (network information, passwords etc.) synchronised between my desktop and my PPC; having the ability to encrypt sensitive files in the synchronised folder or just to encrypt the whole folder would be a real bonus (would stop my boss worrying about me losing my phone when I'm on-call and have all these files on there )

Having a choice of different encryption algorithms would be useful to some people, but adding AES, Blowfish, Rijndael etc. would only increase the size of the application and be more difficult to decrypt away from the device. The output from XXtea is meaningless enough (it looks like a MIME encoded email LOL!) so as to prevent people from worrying too much about what it means.

I've downloaded the first version and I'll certainly try it out and give you some feedback....looking forward to any and all new versions already

Cheers,

Mark.
8th December 2007, 06:52 AM |#3  
Flag LONDON
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up nice!!!!
i too vote for file and folder encryption in a future release.This program in going firmly on my install today list.

Nice work Mr. H
22nd October 2008, 10:48 AM |#4  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Thanks for this app i vote for folder option as this would most suite my needs
19th February 2009, 12:59 AM |#5  

More
Mobile Based Encryption and Decryption System
is it the same with PhoneCrypt and Gold-Lock?

I need your help guys about my thesis .it is about the encryption and decryption of text messages in mobile phone.it will encryp when sending and decrypt it upon receiving a text messages.

I hope you guys can help me thnx
Lance

YM: love_hunter214@yahoo.com
19th February 2009, 01:03 AM |#6  

More
Source Code
is it ok with symbian os in mobile phone?

can you share the source code of this program to me.for my thesis project in order to graduate in college.

here my email love_hunter214@yahoo.com.

I hope you can help me
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)