FORUMS

{Solved}is there a way to remap PTT button??

167 posts
Thanks Meter: 16

By mbritten, Senior Member on 6th October 2007, 03:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th November 2007, 05:50 PM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unorthodoxx

Wow...the answer is on page 3 post 32. You didn't read far enough.

I followed those reg steps, installed vmirage vibra and device lock cabs and mapped them to the new PTT and PTT keys. Works like a charm (solved!)

No it's not, the only thing close to answer on page 3 is some talk about
"
40C6 = PTT push
40C7 = PTT push and hold"

It doesn't mention that it's in registry or how to get there, etc, and vmirage is not even on that page either, shows up later somewhere without too much info on how to use it.

Why do some people have to make it hard by saying "go hear, read this, click on this, and it's that easy!" when the answer
is something as simple as the steps I posted above that someone wrote up.
Since this thread is linked on the "The thread to address ALL TILT-specific questions",
the steps that someone wrote and I posted should be the 1st thing that show up on page,
not if you read page 3, then page 10, and page 14 you can figure it out.
1st December 2007, 01:25 AM |#122  
Flag Dublin, CA
Thanks Meter: 2

More
OEM Assign PTT Button
I was more confused than anything by this thread. I asked someone else for a solution to the PTT re-mapping on a different thread and he directed me to a CAB that fixed it. Here it is
Attached Files
File Type: cab OEM_Assign_PTT_Button.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (1.8 KB, 4475 views)
1st December 2007, 04:45 PM |#123  

More
Smile For new babes or People without Regedit etc
Please download attached file. unzip to any folder on your Pocket PC. browse to new unzipped folder and then run PTT_Fix_4Tilt.exe from that folder from your device.

I will post Cab in few days. Thanks to all who find the solution. I just put all solution in file for easiness.
Slight change in version
Now Version 2.0 with Soft reset
Attached Files
File Type: zip PTT_Fix_4Tilt_v2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (106.8 KB, 1288 views)
2nd December 2007, 06:42 AM |#124  
Flag Falcon, Colorado
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by galenmd

Here, here.
I would like to map all these buttons to have options for short and long presses (in particular, I want to hold down the end key to power off the device. The power key on the side is too hard to find/feel/see in th dark).

I posted this in the other PTT thread but figured I would post it here too for those finding this one:

Yeah, check this app out. Works great and allows you to map more than just 2 apps to a button. Very cool...

http://hbutton.pavlicek.org/

Haven't set it up on my Tilt yet, but on the Wizard I had PIE and Opera mapped to the same button, then had Messages / New SMS / New MMS all on another button. Also alows you to put Voice Command on a button you hold down (normally Voice Command only works on a single push button).
2nd December 2007, 08:08 AM |#125  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by v3patel

Please download attached file. unzip to any folder. browse to new unzipped folder and then run PTT_Fix_4Tilt.exe from that folder.

I will post Cab in few days. Thanks to all who find the solution. I just put all solution in file for easiness.

Bummer. No luck on Vista. Getting an error that it's not a "valid win32 application."

Is there something I'm doing wrong?
2nd December 2007, 09:49 AM |#126  
Flag Bay Area

More
You need to copy the folder to the phones storage or your sd card and run it from there...
It works great, the other .cab file did not work for me, but this does. It will warn you its running the program, then ask for an OK after each step. Then you go to settings->buttons and assign what you like...

I tried the manual reg edits and the fixPTT.cab and neither one would stick, but this did!
2nd December 2007, 02:20 PM |#127  
Flag Somewhere in California
Thanks Meter: 1

More
The Simple Step-By-Step PTT Re-Assignment
Guys,
Here are the simple step-by-step instructions to reassign the PTT to whatever program you want:
1. You need the two files attached herewith, copied onto your Sd Storage Card
2. Start the Task manager and in the "processes drop down window, select RegEdit.
3. In the registry navigate to the hklm\services\ptt
4. Click and hold on to the yellow ptt folder, then a prompt appears, select "Delete All" then exit. Do a Soft Reset.
5. Click on "Start" and File Explorer, Storage card and install the OEM_Assign_PTT_Button.CAB onto your device.
6. Do a Soft Reset.
7. Go to Star\Settings\Buttons and you should see the "Button 6" and "button 6 Press & Hold"
8. Select which ever button you want to assign and select the program you wish.
Good luck.
Attached Files
File Type: cab OEM_Assign_PTT_Button.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (1.8 KB, 2346 views)
File Type: zip Task Manager.zip - [Click for QR Code] (211.0 KB, 2145 views)
2nd December 2007, 08:06 PM |#128  

More
Thanks
v3patel,

Thanks much!
3rd December 2007, 03:05 AM |#129  

More
Thumbs up
Quote:

Please download attached file. unzip to any folder. browse to new unzipped folder and then run PTT_Fix_4Tilt.exe from that folder.

THANK YOU!!! works like a charm!
3rd December 2007, 03:35 PM |#130  

More
Run exe from your device not from your VISTA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanrobertbolton

Bummer. No luck on Vista. Getting an error that it's not a "valid win32 application."

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Pelase Run exe from your device not from your VISTA. I have just updated comment.
4th December 2007, 10:03 PM |#131  

More
Quote:

Please download attached file. unzip to any folder on your Pocket PC. browse to new unzipped folder and then run PTT_Fix_4Tilt.exe from that folder from your device.

I ran this and i worked, however how can i assign the button to an .exe that isnt showing up on the list. ( I have a screenOffarm.exe in my program files that I would like to assign to the button)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)