FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Comparison with Mio A701?

82 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By dryden, Member on 10th October 2007, 10:06 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi there everyone

I am currently the not-so-proud owner of a Mio A701 and I am quite well fed up wit hit at teh moment and I am looking to change to a Kaiser. I have previously owned an iMate Jam.

I just want to know if some of the problems that I'm having with my A701 are solved or not present on the Kaiser. Having previously been with WM2003SE with my Jam and currently with WM5 with my A701, I am not sure whether my problems are WM based or device based. My current problems are:

long delay when I answer calls (anywhere from 2 secs to 5 secs)

long time to acquire first GPS fix (was fixed with an Oki ROM, but battery life and stability suffered)

fairly unstable OS (I'm currently running an LF ROM and may change again)

inability to answer calls sometimes (related to instability, I think)

bluetooth issues with carkit - mainly the fact that the first call I make on entering the car cannot be heard at the other end (I get around this by always calling my voicemail when I egt in the car)

Thanks in advance for your help.

10th October 2007, 10:27 AM |#2  
Flag Soest
Thanks Meter: 75

More
I think these problems are device based. On my WM 6 E-ten M700 I only recognize the delay when answering a phonecall. This is however caused by the custom made dialer skin/phone application from E-ten. When removed, the WM6 phone app works just fine.

The only big problem with the kaiser I've seen so far on this forum is the bluetooth call quality/volume.
10th October 2007, 12:16 PM |#3  
Chippenham. Wiltshire

More
I've just replaced my Mio A701, which I had for over 18 months and replaced it with a Kaiser.

Even using the last Oki ROM (plus 24 version), the Kaiser blows the Mio out the water. A worthwile upgrade, you won't look back.

Kevin
10th October 2007, 08:30 PM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Bedfordshire

More
Thanks for the replies.

I have tried different dialers to try and get rid of the delay - no success.

I have tried Oki 24 Plus and haved moved to Lifeforce R70 and now I'm thinking of changing back to R65 or Oki 24 basic until I can get a Kaiser.

I'm glad to hear of at least one person who has moved from A701 to Kaiser and it has certainly whetted my apetite even more. I've just got to find the money now, which is a bit difficult because baby number four has just arrived and I'm struggling to justify this purchase!
10th October 2007, 10:29 PM |#5  

More
I had a Mio A701 until a week ago. Had exactly the same problems as well. The Kaiser has none of the problems the Mio had. No 2 sec delay (I find myself waiting 2 secs before answering by shear habit). Tomtom launches within about 20 sec. With the Mio I had to launch Memory Map to get a fix and then open Tomtom.

The Kaiser is so much better and faster.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)