FORUMS

Voice speed dial - voice command

304 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By mrmikemcguire, Senior Member on 12th October 2007, 10:07 PM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
Ok guys.....So I have a wing with PDAVIET .14 ROM. I pretty much switched as soon as i got the phone so i havent had much experience with the standard tmo rom but i am having an issue with my Voice speed dial. Basically if i go to the programs and click on the application it works fine..i can attach voice recognition titles to different contacts.

The problem that I am running into is when i assign the button on the wing (one right above the messages button) and push and hold it gives me the error.

"The file 'VoiceCmd' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."

But it does work directly from the .exe file. Whats wrong here? It does say to reinstall if the problem persists so...what is the most recent edition for the wing? or is that even necessary to do that. I tried to run the app from a couple buttons but nothing. In a whole, i'm trying to get my voice command to work through my bluetooth. am I going about this totally wrong?

Comments appreciated!
12th October 2007, 11:31 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokmeup

Here is a MS Voice Command 1.6 and BT Patch ONLY ExtROM that I use when building my ROMs. It will install everything the exact way necessary to get announcements and BT to work without any further changes. Just install, Run, Pair your BT, Soft Reset, and have fun.

MSVoiceCommand1.6_and _BTpatch_ExtROM.zip
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3xqdnc

If you only wanted the CABs...

MSVoiceCommand1.6_and _BTpatch_CABs.zip
http://www.sendspace.com/file/bq815x

Ron

So I did a bit of searching and I just decided to install voice command from the above thread. I know that it was in the Hermes forum but i assumed it would be all good. Now i have tried both of them and figured out how to get them to work. so now they are both working with the handset, all gravy. I think i am going to keep the speed dialer that came on the rom it seems to be more accurate.. Also how to use my earbud to prompt the command, i cant get that squared away with either applications. Anyone have a suggestion?
16th November 2007, 12:18 AM |#3  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 20

More
How did you get rid of the message? Even though I installed the cab, assigned the button (button 4 hold), it is still giving me annoying VoiceCMD error like yours. Can you do a create a brief procedure? Is it a simple reg edit? Where? Thanks... Hope to hear from you soon.
21st February 2008, 08:19 PM |#4  

More
Can someone post or PM me another link to download MS voice command? the two links above are not working. Thanks
22nd February 2008, 09:17 PM |#5  
MI
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenyccharles

Can someone post or PM me another link to download MS voice command? the two links above are not working. Thanks

I don't or can't use Voice Command. Trying to uninstall Voice Command as it does not work for me at all.
Here is a Cab file for Voice Speed Dial. Installed it yesterday on my Wing and it works great. Try it and you may want it instead of Voice Command. I think it does everything better than VC. Let me know your opinion.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Cyberon_Voice_Speed_Dial_v1.2___BT_Fix.cab - [Click for QR Code] (632.9 KB, 3095 views)
27th February 2008, 10:17 PM |#6  

More
Thanks I will give it a try...

Quote:
Originally Posted by asctony

I don't or can't use Voice Command. Trying to uninstall Voice Command as it does not work for me at all.
Here is a Cab file for Voice Speed Dial. Installed it yesterday on my Wing and it works great. Try it and you may want it instead of Voice Command. I think it does everything better than VC. Let me know your opinion.

16th March 2008, 08:34 AM |#7  
Flag Milan
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks. this version works well.....
20th March 2008, 05:42 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asctony

Thank for file
17th July 2009, 03:35 PM |#9  

More
Thanks. Works fine on my HTC P4351 (Wing) with ROM JustStable-Micro 6.1
20th November 2009, 07:49 AM |#10  

More
does it work for WM6.5?
i have omnia i900
after i flashed it, i can't use voice speed dial
i read the post later, and he said he removed it
21st November 2009, 02:02 AM |#11  
Inactive Recognized Developer
╠▒╣New╬York╠▒╣
Thanks Meter: 1,836

Donate to Me
More
Talking
Thay is what I am wondering as well. That is the only thing thay I notice in Glass v.10 as being a bug - when I press and hold the button I get an error saying "the fole voicecmd cannot be found."
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread