Instruction for setting up Internet Connection Sharing
I was able to locate instructions on how to set this up on the Tilt (located in the HTC Tytn II users manual). I have included the section referring to this below so others who may want to know how can get it up and going.
10.9 Using Your Device as a Modem
Internet Sharing connects your PC or notebook computer to the Internet by using your device’s data connection (GPRS or EDGE, for instance). You can choose to connect via USB or Bluetooth.
Follow the procedure in this section to set up your device as a USB modem. To learn how to set up your device as a Bluetooth modem, see “Use the device as a Bluetooth modem” in this chapter.
Notes • Make sure your device has a SIM card installed, and your device has a GPRS or phone dial-up modem connection. If your device has not been set up with a data connection yet, tap Menu > Connection Settings on the Internet Sharing screen.
• If you want to use a USB cable connection, you must first install Windows Mobile Device Center or Microsoft ActiveSync version 4.5 or later on the computer.
• Before using Internet Sharing, disconnect from Windows Mobile Device Center or ActiveSync on your computer.
• On your computer, run 3gnetopt.exe from the Application Disc to optimize the connection speed between your device and computer.
To set up your device as a USB modem
1. On your device, tap Start > Programs > Internet Sharing.
2. In the PC Connection list, select USB.
3. In the Network Connection list, select the name of the connection that your device uses to connect to the Internet.
4. Plug in the USB cable between your device and the computer.
5. Tap Connect.
To end the Internet connection
On the Internet Sharing screen, tap Disconnect.