FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

View Poll Results: Did this tutorial help you?

Yes it was very helpful.

105 Vote(s)
84.00%
Doesn't work... Getting error messages.

14 Vote(s)
11.20%
No I have no use for this tutorial.

11 Vote(s)
8.80%

How To: Remove HardSPL

3,029 posts
Thanks Meter: 583

By dharvey4651, Retired Senior Moderator on 7th November 2007, 06:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
In the unfortunate event that you need to revert back to your carrier's official rom to send your device in for service or an exchange, with HardSPL installed on your device you will be unable to do this as technically it voids your warranty. Fortunately there is a solution to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-equinoxe

You can flash the ROMs with the RUU in the ROM package, should you have trouble with upgrading, try Mun's RUU (thanks for the tip Boto).

So no need to downgrade before upgrade anymore.
But don't flash ROMs containing IPL/SPL. -
(This means do NOT flash an official Rom)

There is one way to revert back to an Official Rom should you need to though.

In order to flash an Official Rom again, you will need to remove HardSPL because flashing an Official Rom with an IPL/SPL with the patched SPL already installed, you will find yourself in the possession of a very expensive paperweight.

To remove HardSPL, you will just need to follow these simple instructions:

1. Download SoftSPL by the-equinoxe.
2. Download the IPL/SPL based on your device and carrier(attached below)
3. Extract SoftSPL to its own folder and then extract the nk.nbf file from the correct IPL/SPL to the SoftSPL folder.
4. Run Start-sSPL.exe and follow the simple directions. It is almost fully automated(your screen will turn white during the flashing process and it will appear to have crashed. This is normal so just proceed like normal)

5. HardSPL should now be removed if everything worked properly. Depending on your device and Carrier, download the appropriate Rom for your device:6. Flash the Rom you just downloaded. There you have it. You have successfully removed HardSPL and reverted back to your carrier's latest rom and restored the CID lock.

Please be aware, I take NO responsibility if someone were to use the files provided in this tutorial incorrectly and damage their phone.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Credits go to the-equinoxe for developing SoftSPL and making this possible.

7th November 2007, 07:39 AM |#2  
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Talking
Nice tutorial.

I have linked the Hard SPL thread to your topic.
7th November 2007, 08:29 AM |#3  
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Olathe, Kansas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the-equinoxe

Nice tutorial.

I have linked the Hard SPL thread to your topic.

Awesome. Thanks!
7th November 2007, 03:35 PM |#4  
Flag Oulu
Thanks Meter: 144

Donate to Me
More
Hum... just a quick question:
I own a Qtek 9100 from Vodafone here in Portugal... if I would flash those G4 IPL/SPL, wouldn't that mess up my IPL/SPL country ID?

Also, it would make it impossible to flash an Vodafone PT official update (they never released one or I would flash it but anyway...), right?

Is there anyway of getting the IPL/SPL from another Wizard that hasn't been CID Unlocked and dump it so that I would give it to you, so that we can start a database of CID Locked G4 IPL/SPL's, just in case someone needs to send it back to factory for repairing?

Guess it was a lot of questions
7th November 2007, 11:31 PM |#5  
Flag Olathe, Kansas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dferreira

Hum... just a quick question:
I own a Qtek 9100 from Vodafone here in Portugal... if I would flash those G4 IPL/SPL, wouldn't that mess up my IPL/SPL country ID?

Also, it would make it impossible to flash an Vodafone PT official update (they never released one or I would flash it but anyway...), right?

Is there anyway of getting the IPL/SPL from another Wizard that hasn't been CID Unlocked and dump it so that I would give it to you, so that we can start a database of CID Locked G4 IPL/SPL's, just in case someone needs to send it back to factory for repairing?

Guess it was a lot of questions

Check this link and tell me if it would be what you need. If it is, I will dump the IPL/SPL and add it to the initial post.

http://s131209249.online.de/vodafone_software/index.htm
8th November 2007, 12:18 AM |#6  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up Yups !!!
Thumbs Up !
Must say a very important info and service to the G4 owners
Shud be voted for 'Sticky'
8th November 2007, 05:18 PM |#7  
Flag Midlands, UK
Thanks Meter: 65

Donate to Me
More

[edit] What about the IPL/SPL for the official O2 rom??
8th November 2007, 06:44 PM |#8  
Flag Olathe, Kansas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomgoon

[edit] What about the IPL/SPL for the official O2 rom??

I will look into it and see if I can find it. If I am able to find it I post the IPL/SPL in an attached zip like the others and add a link to the official Rom as well.

EDIT:: Found it, sent you a private message. I need some personal information from you in order to download it.
8th November 2007, 11:18 PM |#9  
Flag Midlands, UK

Donate to Me
More
Thanks.. I sent my imei + number to you.. Now I can finally revert back to the original rom and sell!
9th November 2007, 05:12 PM |#10  
Flag Olathe, Kansas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill4676

can any one help please i want to put in some custom sounds for text message notification how can i do it i have the files in arm format but cant seem to get them listed in text message notification
any help would be great cheers

3.3.00wwe
fariav4.0

This is the wrong thread for this kind of question. Please ask this question under Wizard Forum unless you have a question about how to remove HardSPL.

Thanks.
10th November 2007, 01:28 AM |#11  
Flag Midlands, UK

Donate to Me
More
Worked wonders on my o2 xda mini s.. Thank you for your help! I'd donate, but I'm a poor student
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)