I'm starting this thread as a dedicated effort to enhancing the integration of the HTC TouchFLO Cube onto non-"HTC Touch" devices, without requiring a different version of touch.dll to be installed on the device via a new ROM.
- Much research in learning how the cube works
- Development of some theories
- Development of a testing app to test theories
- Proof of concept app built to prove the theories
- Using FTouchFlo, I have all 4 motions assigned to the correct cube task ... and it's all working!
Slide up - open
Slide down - close
Slide right - spin right
Slide left - spin left
- Added new feature, where LR, RL, and UD finger swipes can execute other tasks if you perform them when you're not on one of the cube faces. Read Project Status 11-12 entry for details
- Added an option to allow LR, RL gestures to open & spin the cube even when biotouch is not running. Not sure if this is actually the way the Elf works, but some people want it
- Conversations have been started with efrost about integrating our work here directly into FTouchFlo. Talk about a speed enhancement!
- Raven_coda has cracked the final piece of the puzzle!
- I have implemented Raven_coda's changes, and my C# version works great ... StartUp items are sorted out now!
- C++ version created ... speed is definitely improved
- A few bugs fixed, a few issues addressed, and a few new features added
- Beta release v1.1.0 available here:
Use the attachment at the bottom of this post
NOTE: This file is a zip archive, suitable for situations where you already have the HTC TouchFLO cube installed. If you have never installed TFloCubeCtrl before, then follow the TFloCubeCtrl - Installation instructions. If you're upgrading from v1.0.4, then use the TFloCubeCtrl - Upgrade instructions. You do *not* need to uninstall TFloCubeCtrl or the HTC TouchFLO cube in order to upgrade. For a complete cube installation, please check with duttythroy on his thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=336482.
- Newer cab built by xplode available here:
Includes HTCCube + FTouchFlo v1.4.1 + TFloCubeCtrl v1.1.0 + TouchSettings v1.22 + FTouchFloConfig. This should also include all of the patches and fixes from the attachment list. However, if you installed the previous version of xplode's cab and are experiencing issues, try the following:
- If you experience 2 apps launching from the MediaHubMini using Xplode's latest cab ... then replace the MediaHubMini.exe with the "patched" version below in the attachments. Either terminate the MediaHubMini process first then overwrite, or delete the MediaHubMini (preload) link from Windows\Startup, soft reset, then overwrite the file.
- If you are having issues with QuickDial not functioning properly ... then replace the QD_Bar_NoBar_HL.png image file with the replacement version in the attachments. Also you can try replacing the version of QuickDial with the patched version in attachments below. Either terminate the QuickDial process first then overwrite, or delete the QuickDial (preload) link from Windows\Startup, soft reset, then overwrite the file.
- The black screen issues seemed to have all but disappeared. I believe we have determined the reason they were occurring, and have solved at least a vast majority of them.
- Solve any remaining beta release bugs/issues
- Once the beta seems good to people, get the code to efrost for him to integrate into FTouchFlo!
- For now, this thread is intended for people who already have a working version of the TouchFLO Cube on their system.
- I'd prefer to keep this thread research & development oriented. I don't want this to turn into another thread of a million posts by people who are getting cube black screens and want help.
- The cube still has a few unknown nuances/dependencies ... so this thread will be most suited for people familiar with alpha version software.
- This thread is about integrating the original HTC TouchFLO Cube. I don't think we need a bunch of posts about how some 3rd party app is better, or how a Flash cube turns faster. There are other alternatives, yes ... this thread is about just one of those alternatives.
- More as I think of them
Post #1 is for general infoDonations
Post #2 will be project updates
Post #3 will be announcements / additional updates
Post #4 is some project background info
Post #5 we'll reserve for a hint/tips section
The rest is up to you guys
Thank you to all who have donated! Every donation makes me realize that other people are also interested in this project, and helps keep me motivated to continue expanding the functionality, and answering questions!Props
- JasonStern for his tireless research as to why QuickDial was failing on certain devices (see QD replacement image an new version attachments)
- Musicman247 for providing me with files and sharing the work he has done with a true 6-sided cube
- Zyphlin for pointing me to the work that Musicman247 was doing
- Raven_coda, who despite being my mortal enemy at first , ended up discovering the key to breaking our dependency on the original biolauncher app!
- duttythroy for creating his cab installer that started me down this path
- efrost for creating FTouchFlo which makes the cube work with finger control
- xplode for creating cab installers for me (even though he "hates" the cube )
- techmonkie for responding to my RFI, and straightening me out re: launching/exiting
- funman and Biffert for also helping me out with reference information from an actual HTC Touch users
- jasjamming & Bepe for the original work on Touchflo Alpha
- others ... I'm sure