FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HTC - RANDOM ACCESS for Kaiser - Download Here

693 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By Nadavi, Senior Member on 13th November 2007, 03:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This was taken from the new Touch device series:

Addes a search Vertical line in the contacts application.

Download:
http://rapidshare.com/files/69445758/Random_Access.cab
p.s
Pictures are taken from the HTC Cruise review on Mobile-Review.
Credit for the cab file goes to Dr.Puttingham.

http://www.mobile-review.com/pda/rev...h-cruise.shtml
Enjoy,
Nadavi
13th November 2007, 03:37 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Nice!

You seem to be gettin all the cabs! Keep it up!

Alemaker
13th November 2007, 04:25 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up!!! this is what i've been waiting for.. i just asked this one..in the big cab collection thread *which is sticky*.

Keep them comming mate!

Do you also have this comm manager like the cruise has?
The TouchFlo cube?
and maybe the new HTC home/taskmanager plugin (with the bigger X buttons)?

13th November 2007, 04:43 PM |#4  
Flag SoCal
Thanks Meter: 4

More
This is a great Cab!! Unfortunately, this one also prevents Spb Backup from running, like your recent "large title bar" cab. Bummer! Hope there is some way to fix this.
13th November 2007, 04:44 PM |#5  
Flag Ayrshire

More
working fine on Hermes WM5 and Touch WM6, good work!

automatically replaces old Contacts, for anyone who had to edit the registry previously
13th November 2007, 05:46 PM |#6  

More
i was looking for it

thank you man
13th November 2007, 08:12 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouloama

Thumbs up!!! this is what i've been waiting for.. i just asked this one..in the big cab collection thread *which is sticky*.

Keep them comming mate!

Do you also have this comm manager like the cruise has?
The TouchFlo cube?
and maybe the new HTC home/taskmanager plugin (with the bigger X buttons)?

The Comm Mgr cab is in the Stickied "Latest Cabs..." thread in this forum. Its called the 6 Button Comm Mgr cab...
13th November 2007, 08:31 PM |#8  

More
Thanks for the tip, i watched over it!
13th November 2007, 09:58 PM |#9  
Flag Desert Hot Springs, CA
Thanks Meter: 1

More
UNINSTALL FAILS...

Head's up to all, when I tried to uninstall RandomAccess, it errors out stating it couldn't remove all aspects of the application and gives the user to option to just remove from the Add/Remove list. DO NOT JUST REMOVE, the program and registry changes are still there.

If you want to uninstall randomaccess, use a file explorer (such as Resco) to remove \windows\randomaccess.exe

Then use a registry editor (such as Resco), do a search for "Dr Putt" and remove all keys that reference this string. There are multiple hits that this search will find, so make sure to get them all.

Then run a second registry search for "randomaccess" (should only be 1 hit on that search). For this string you will find that the installation process actually changed the RAI for Contacts. So you will need to change the following back to default:

Change \HKLM\software\microsoft\shell\rai\:MSCONTACTS\0 to "Contacts" (no quotes)

Change \HKLM\software\microsoft\shell\rai\:MSCONTACTS\1 to ":MSPOUTLOOK Contacts"

Lastly, remove the key at \HKCU\software\microsoft\today\keys\113\open.

NOTE: If you had your right soft key set to any other program, you will have to modify the last step. Likewise, if you use a different application to view Contacts, this would also alter the above instructions.

DISCLAIMER: Working with the registry should be left to experienced users, you can serious mess up your device if you don't know what you are doing. This is informational only, I don't warrant anything if it goes bad for you.
17th November 2007, 12:37 PM |#10  
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyofdhs

UNINSTALL FAILS...

Head's up to all, when I tried to uninstall RandomAccess, it errors out stating it couldn't remove all aspects of the application and gives the user to option to just remove from the Add/Remove list. DO NOT JUST REMOVE, the program and registry changes are still there.

If you want to uninstall randomaccess, use a file explorer (such as Resco) to remove \windows\randomaccess.exe

Then use a registry editor (such as Resco), do a search for "Dr Putt" and remove all keys that reference this string. There are multiple hits that this search will find, so make sure to get them all.

Then run a second registry search for "randomaccess" (should only be 1 hit on that search). For this string you will find that the installation process actually changed the RAI for Contacts. So you will need to change the following back to default:

Change \HKLM\software\microsoft\shell\rai\:MSCONTACTS\0 to "Contacts" (no quotes)

Change \HKLM\software\microsoft\shell\rai\:MSCONTACTS\1 to ":MSPOUTLOOK Contacts"

Lastly, remove the key at \HKCU\software\microsoft\today\keys\113\open.

NOTE: If you had your right soft key set to any other program, you will have to modify the last step. Likewise, if you use a different application to view Contacts, this would also alter the above instructions.

DISCLAIMER: Working with the registry should be left to experienced users, you can serious mess up your device if you don't know what you are doing. This is informational only, I don't warrant anything if it goes bad for you.

Thank you for posting this! You saved me from hard resetting. Very appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrTrunks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrTrunks Ad-Free
27th November 2007, 09:03 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Any chance to get this bar in Hebrew?
Hi Nadav,

Great idea, how about Hebrew fonts, will it work on PPC2003 SE?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)