FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

8gig sdhc working fine!!!!!!!!!

0 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By STARGATE69, Junior Member on 13th November 2007, 04:57 PM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
just thought i'd post to let you know my findings..my mrs just got her new n95 delivered with an 8 gig sdhc after a lot of ear bashing she gave in and let me have it..quickly flashed O2 premium with the sdhc fix and hay presto an artemis with the power of an iphone!!!! way hay many many thanks to bepe and meschle for all their hard work..!!!!!

13th November 2007, 05:19 PM |#2  

More
Thats good news! But since I could not find and 8GB easy/cheap ive ordered a 6GB at a local store which will arrive this week. Looking forward to get that working too!
13th November 2007, 07:01 PM |#3  

More
I've seen the 8gb SDHC advertised on amazon.co.uk for £59.95

Here>http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sandisk-reta...4980322&sr=8-3

Anybody seen any cheaper?
13th November 2007, 07:16 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggerdingo

Thats good news! But since I could not find and 8GB easy/cheap ive ordered a 6GB at a local store which will arrive this week. Looking forward to get that working too!

i'll wait for the SDHC patch to be released as a CAB before i go and buy any bigger cards... apart the fact i don't even fill 1GB on my 2GB card, dunno what u guys need so many GB for, hehe.
13th November 2007, 07:21 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zandadoum

i'll wait for the SDHC patch to be released as a CAB before i go and buy any bigger cards... apart the fact i don't even fill 1GB on my 2GB card, dunno what u guys need so many GB for, hehe.

Found this today, but still havent got the card to test it (and already flashed the new SDHC supported Rom.)

http://rapidshare.com/files/69286158/SDHC_WM6.zip

SDHC Driver

1) Install SDHC.cab
2) Overwrite /Windows sdbus.dll sdmemory.dll
3) Install Certs.cab

Soft reset.

Hope you feel lucky... Worst case is a hard reset i guess.
13th November 2007, 07:58 PM |#6  
Flag Montreal ( and Lille France)
Thanks Meter: 4

More
IT's my post hihihi it working

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=344338
13th November 2007, 11:42 PM |#7  

More
Quote:

2) Overwrite /Windows sdbus.dll sdmemory.dll

i tried this long ago, with the older patches (that didnt work)... and the problem is i cant overwrite those dll as they are protected by system

so, i guess i'll have to wait some more for a CAB that does overwrite those files for me properly.
13th November 2007, 11:43 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepsyfou

IT's my post hihihi it working

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=344338

well, that's not artemis specific and as some ppl. in that post reported problems on their phones, i guess i'll have to wait some more for a 100% artemis tested CAB
14th November 2007, 12:31 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zandadoum

i tried this long ago, with the older patches (that didnt work)... and the problem is i cant overwrite those dll as they are protected by system

so, i guess i'll have to wait some more for a CAB that does overwrite those files for me properly.

I do not know if this patch is pecially for the artemis, of just have to work on all WM6 devices.

To copy a file and overwrite a ROM file, you will have to use totalcommander or resco explorer. Copy the file with the PC to your storagecard. Then disconnect the PDA and use totalcommander tot copy it into your windows folder. It wil ask you if you want to overwrite, click yes.

Done!
14th November 2007, 12:38 PM |#10  
Flag Northampton

More
Quote:

I do not know if this patch is pecially for the artemis, of just have to work on all WM6 devices.

To copy a file and overwrite a ROM file, you will have to use totalcommander or resco explorer. Copy the file with the PC to your storagecard. Then disconnect the PDA and use totalcommander tot copy it into your windows folder. It wil ask you if you want to overwrite, click yes.

Done!

Ok, I couldn't do this either, I always got the message cannot overwrite files.... I have run USPL and tried again and the files have been overwritten no problems.

Will test SDHC card now
14th November 2007, 12:46 PM |#11  
Flag Northampton

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicko666

Ok, I couldn't do this either, I always got the message cannot overwrite files.... I have run USPL and tried again and the files have been overwritten no problems.

Will test SDHC card now

No Joy, am I doinf something wrong here?

I have B&B4.3 and followed the instructions
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread