2,689 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By _fm, Senior Member on 19th November 2007, 12:09 PM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
ATOM WM 6 AND WM 6.1 ROM COOKING TUTORIAL

nb: try it at your own risk,.

WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- Hypercore Kitchen
- Garmin XDA ATOM ROM Cooking Sets (UPDATED 14/03/08)

ADD-ON
- WM 6.1 SYS files

Usage Of Hypercore Kitchen
- Creates OEM and anything related to OEM

Usage of ATOM WM6 Kitchen
- Dump your diskimage_ver.nb0
- Build your new diskimage_ver.nb0

Already have it all?? Alright, now lets start working,.

1. Extract "Garmin XDA ATOM Cooking Sets" to somewhere you like, (There will be an original OEM and SYS folder, don't erase those, it required for dumping process,.)
2. Put your diskimage_ver.nb0 into ROM folder, (overwrite the original file there,.)

3. Run "DumpFiles.cmd" , (Then you'll see a working progress, until it ask you to press any key) ---- press any key then,.
4. There will be a new window come named "Package Tool", then Open where the "dump" folder is located, (The package tool help you build your OEM and DSM,.)

5. Go to \Tools\Build Package, you will not see a working progress, when the content of the Package tool was changed, ITS DONE!!, and your diskimage_Ver.nb0 was dumped,.
(The original OEM and SYS folder will be gone,.)

--- Now go to "dump" folder and you'll see OEM and SYS folder ---

nb : If there are some files outside OEM / SYS folder, put it where it should by reading the last line of your package tool, after building a package,.

----------> means that these file should be in \SYS\NetCF folder,.

OKAY, take a rest first, have some experience with that OEM and SYS folder,.
You may change, add or remove some folder there, but BECAREFUL, some of them are SYSTEM file!!!

Satisfied experience with OEM and SYS folder?? Lets Continue,.

6. Now move your OEM and SYS folder (inside "dump" folder), to the first page (Where the original OEM and SYS is located)

7. Run "BuildOS.cmd" (You will see a new window "BulidOS",.) press the green button,.

8. When done, (you could see on the bottom left corner, written "Done"), close the BuildOS by pressing the [X] Button, (dont close the BuildOS.cmd)
9. You will see in the BuildOS.cmd, a progress, wait till it ask you to press any key,. ----- Press any key then,.
10. There you are, your new diskimage_Ver.nb0 is inside "FLASH" folder,.

Nb: For a tutorial about building an OEM, could be seen HERE, and How To Port XIP and SYS folder, could be seen HERE,.

nb: For WM 6.1 Cooking, you couldn't DUMP your ROM, because it removes all manifest to be one,.

GOOD LUCK,.

Happy ROM Cooking to all of you,.

- Kumara -

19th November 2007, 12:21 PM |#2  
Flag Behind Your Firewall
Thanks Meter: 2

More
STICKY IT!!
19th November 2007, 12:25 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Surabaya

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by udayrulz

STICKY IT!!

Thanks mate,.
19th November 2007, 01:10 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
the problem is where you get "your diskimage_ver.nb0" ?????? you will have to use an "already built" diskimage_ver.nb0 (like jiggs') and modify his rom, you can not create your own rom with another build like 5.2.1933 or else, I was trying to make a new rom from a new build but I wasn't successfull. Jiggs told me to read the wiki, but maybe I didn't do my homework so well.
19th November 2007, 01:17 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Surabaya

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by medkid

the problem is where you get "your diskimage_ver.nb0" ?????? you will have to use an "already built" diskimage_ver.nb0 (like jiggs') and modify his rom, you can not create your own rom with another build like 5.2.1933 or else, I was trying to make a new rom from a new build but I wasn't successfull. Jiggs told me to read the wiki, but maybe I didn't do my homework so well.

It shouldn't be any problem mate,.

You could use any diskimage_ver.nb0 to dump,.

look at my new ROM (O2 Atom WM6 Premium), it was dumped from jiggs WM6 AKU 0.7a,.

Just use mine mate, (from O2 Atom WM6 Premium), its dumpable,.
19th November 2007, 01:19 PM |#6  

More
@Ckaidi
Exactly , although i have no way near the knowledge required to make 1 but ...i just did a quick background check on you and figured out that you hv been cooking for a while now....so yea i understand wat you lookin at..
19th November 2007, 01:47 PM |#7  

More
This is really different from what we used to cook for xda 2. How I wish cooking for an atom is as easy as cooking for an xda 2.

Anyway, good luck to all who would like to attempt cooking their own ROM. I'll just look at those available in here and copy those that I think will fit me best.

BTW, I hope somebody can teach me how to change the splash images. I would like to replace them with pictures of my family.
19th November 2007, 01:49 PM |#8  

More
^welcomehead.96.png = splash image..
found in SYS folder..
19th November 2007, 02:05 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garmin

It shouldn't be any problem mate,.

You could use any diskimage_ver.nb0 to dump,.

look at my new ROM (O2 Atom WM6 Premium), it was dumped from jiggs WM6 AKU 0.7a,.

Just use mine mate, (from O2 Atom WM6 Premium), its dumpable,.

I know it,I know that your diskimage_ver.nb0 is dumpable (don't you see the rom I built pReDrT ?)
what I want to say is , you can not build your own diskimage_ver.nb0 based on a new build (for example 5.2.1933, the newest build), what you do is dumping a built diskimage_ver.nb0 from jiggs (the original one) which's build is 5.2.1908, don't you see that ???????
To build a new rom with a new build, it costs an arm and a leg, so much time spends on it. It's not easy as you said,but I really appreciate what you share here.
19th November 2007, 03:34 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
bro,

where's the part of the dump do i go to add new appz or new files?
the guide is just like extracting and compressing thing but how we add something?
where's the folder structure of \windows , \program files , etc..?
please update the pics too..it's much easy to do it with visual guide..
guide us please..

thanks a lot..

-=[serialzs]=-
19th November 2007, 03:42 PM |#11  

More
You have to add them in OEM folder mate...
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread