[ROM][7.0.x][v500][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 14.0 [20161030]

Search This thread

fefifofum

Feb 27, 2012
logo.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.0 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Install instructions:
  • Reboot into recovery (latest official TWRP recommended).
  • Wipe Data, System and Cache if it's a fresh install.
  • No wipes required if you're updating from a previous build of CM 14.0 (Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache recommended).
  • Flash ROM and Gapps.
  • Reboot.

Don't report CM related bugs, it's still in alpha stage. Please, read post 2.

KitKat bootloader is required, you can find it on post 3.

Download links:

Changelog:

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 14.0, ROM for the LG G Pad 8.3

Contributors
fefifofum
Source Code: https://github.com/awifi-dev

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: KitKat Bootloader (post 3)

Version Information

Created 2016-10-03
Last Updated 2016-10-30

fefifofum

Feb 27, 2012
Bug reports:

cm-14.0 is in active development and still not considered stable. Please, try to focus on device specific bugs and don't complain about CM bugs or missing features. If you found a (device specific) bug, explain how to reproduce it and attach logs (logcat and dmesg). If you don't know how to get those, you can use this app. Please, do not report bugs if you use any kind of mods (xposed, supersu, third party kernel).

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) How can I unlock Developer options?
A) Go to Settings > About phone, and press five times on Build number.

Q) How can I enable root access?
A) Go to Settings > Developer options > Root access, and enable it for apps, adb or both.

Q) How do I update Gapps? (Also useful if you have Gapps related problems).
A) Reboot into recovery. Wipe System, Cache and Dalvik Cache. Install ROM + Gapps. Reboot.

Last edited:

fefifofum

Feb 27, 2012
Bootloader

This rom is meant to be used with kitkat bootloader. If you are unsure of what bootloader you are using, you should flash the following zip within recovery (official TWRP recommended):

V50020F Bootloader: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24352994023707804

* Some stock based roms flash bootloader files without the user being aware of it. So just to be safe, I recommend everybody to flash the above zip to make sure that you are using all the correct bootloader files.

Dukas

Feb 8, 2004
Tel Aviv
While initialize I got the annoying "com.android.phone has stopped" and can't get rid of it and continue to work.
Any idea how to overcome it?

wizzardsk

Aug 16, 2013
Bratislava
Bug: cannot change battery icon, also battery percentage is not visible even when set.

Also some apps are crashing, e.g. link2sd and Email.

Last edited:

adrianoacrr

Oct 4, 2016
A carga de bateria está muito lenta... Descarregando muito rápido tambem....

Muito tempo para recarregar a bateria e muito rápido pra descarregar
Bootloader

This rom is meant to be used with kitkat bootloader. If you are unsure of what bootloader you are using, you should flash the following zip within recovery (official TWRP recommended):

V50020F Bootloader: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24352994023707804

* Some stock based roms flash bootloader files without the user being aware of it. So just to be safe, I recommend everybody to flash the above zip to make sure that you are using all the correct bootloader files.

Fredouye

Jun 24, 2008
Thanks for the ROM, nice and smooth.

Some small bugs not reported :
- sound recorder FC when opened.
- settings -> wireless -> more FC

Last edited:

GXGOW

Apr 4, 2012
East Flanders Best Flanders
Can't seem to be able to add my Google account after flashing stock Gapps from opengapps (with a few edits in the gapps-config). Google Play Services just keeps crashing when I try to add an account, in the setup and in settings. Any ideas?

Deltadroid

Recognized Contributor
Apr 19, 2013
Can't seem to be able to add my Google account after flashing stock Gapps from opengapps (with a few edits in the gapps-config). Google Play Services just keeps crashing when I try to add an account, in the setup and in settings. Any ideas?
Have you tried the gapps I posted?

Reactions: GXGOW

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.0 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Install instructions:
    • Reboot into recovery (latest official TWRP recommended).
    • Wipe Data, System and Cache if it's a fresh install.
    • No wipes required if you're updating from a previous build of CM 14.0 (Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache recommended).
    • Flash ROM and Gapps.
    • Reboot.

Don't report CM related bugs, it's still in alpha stage. Please, read post 2.

KitKat bootloader is required, you can find it on post 3.

Download links:

Changelog:

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 14.0, ROM for the LG G Pad 8.3

Contributors
    fefifofum
    Source Code: https://github.com/awifi-dev

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: KitKat Bootloader (post 3)

Version Information

Created 2016-10-03
    Last Updated 2016-10-30
    Bug reports:

cm-14.0 is in active development and still not considered stable. Please, try to focus on device specific bugs and don't complain about CM bugs or missing features. If you found a (device specific) bug, explain how to reproduce it and attach logs (logcat and dmesg). If you don't know how to get those, you can use this app. Please, do not report bugs if you use any kind of mods (xposed, supersu, third party kernel).

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) How can I unlock Developer options?
    A) Go to Settings > About phone, and press five times on Build number.

Q) How can I enable root access?
    A) Go to Settings > Developer options > Root access, and enable it for apps, adb or both.

Q) How do I update Gapps? (Also useful if you have Gapps related problems).
    A) Reboot into recovery. Wipe System, Cache and Dalvik Cache. Install ROM + Gapps. Reboot.
    New build released

with dex preoptimization enabled again, updated widevine & adreno blobs, and fixed bootanimation jerkiness. Blur effect is still being worked on, so we have to wait until it works properly. And there won't be ota updates for now, manual installation is required.
    New build released

with working video recording and other updates and fixes.
    New build released

with dex preoptimization disabled to fix com.android.phone fc. That means slower boot times after wipe dalvik (or data). Still some features missing, but it's getting quite stable.