[XPOSED] Assistant Enabler-Enable Assistant for any locale(with OK Google everywhere)

Search This thread

Sabissimo

May 12, 2014
Tbilisi
This module is based on feature, introduced in great AndroidN-ify module and enables Google Assistant on Marshmallow ROMs.

I decided to create this module, because some features of AndroidN-ify on my device were causing SystemUI to crash, due to my rom not being close to AOSP. If your ROM supports all features of AndroidN-ify - I highly suggest to use it! It's awesome!

But in case you have the same problems as I do, but still want to use Google Assistant - you can meanwhile use this module.

Supports Google App 6.6.14.21 and later

All credits go to MrWasdennnoch, Maxr1998, Exalm and other contributors to his great module!

Known bugs:
  • OK Google hotword not working (goes to voice training everytime) Working with 6.10 update!
  • "OK Google" detection settings crash Working with 6.10 update!

After 6.10 update "OK Google" detection is working as intended without any interference, so just go ahead in google settings and configure voice there, it works now!
For versions below 6.10 use following guide

To use "OK Google" hotword you need to do following:
1. Update Google App to the latest version (at least 6.8 beta)
2. Disable assistant in module
3. Configure "OK Google" detection and voice pattern
4. Enable assistant in module
5. Say "OK Google"
6. ....
7. Profit!

Enable "OK Google" with screen off (even when not charging)
After enabling it in module settings, plug/unplug your charger for settings to kick in

Bonus feature: Enable Google Now (feed) in unsupported countries
In order to enable Google Now in unsupported country, these steps are required:

1) Enable Assistant Enabler module in Xposed Installer
2) In Assistant Enabler settings, enable "Enable Google Now"
3) Reboot (after rebooting your phone carrier will be identified as US Verizon)
4) Either remove your sim, or put your phone in airplane mode
5) Enable Wifi
6) If google account is added to the phone already - remove it
7) Launch google app and login to your google account
8) Opt-in to Google Now
9) PROFIT!

P.S. After these steps you can disable "Enable Google Now" setting in Assistant Enabler module, if you don't want your carrier to be identified as VZW. Google Now will continue working.

New feature!
Broadcast receiver to allow other apps (for example: Tasker) to toggle module settings
Reference Tasker profile using feature to automatically enable/disable "OK Google Everywhere" when entering/leaving home WiFi: Tasker.zip

NOTE: When enabling/disabling "Ok Google Everywhere" a broadcast intent with action ACTION.POWER.DISCONNECTED must be sent to avoid having to manually plug/unplug the device.

Download:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.sabik.assistantenabler

XDA:DevDB Information
Assistant Enabler, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
Sabissimo, MrWasdennnoch, Maxr1998, Exalm, rodriguezst
Source Code: https://github.com/Sabissimo/AssistantEnabler

Xposed Package Name: com.sabik.assistantenabler

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 5.1
Stable Release Date: 2017-03-15

Created 2016-10-13
Last Updated 2017-03-16

Last edited:

Sabissimo

May 12, 2014
Tbilisi
Since there is no interface (at the time of this post), I assume it integrates itself seamlessly?

Yes, it does integrate seamlessly. Long-press home button on your navigation bar to access Assistant.
"OK Google" hotword is not yet working correctly though. If you had "OK Google" detection configured before installing this module - hotword will bring up voice model retraining interface each time use say it, and pressint "Do it later" will give you access to assistant.

SyCoREAPER

Retired Forum Moderator
Yes, it does integrate seamlessly. Long-press home button on your navigation bar to access Assistant.
"OK Google" hotword is not yet working correctly though. If you had "OK Google" detection configured before installing this module - hotword will bring up voice model retraining interface each time use say it, and pressint "Do it later" will give you access to assistant.

Thanks a lot for clarifying. Working as described.

Reactions: Adidiaz

donky kong 017

May 13, 2011
Vienna
Hi thanks for the module. I tried installing on s7e with note 7 port rom m 6.0.1 Wanam xposed 86.1
It seems to work but when I longpress to go to the assistance it says that I might be offline.
Google app 6.6.14.21.arm64 installed. Cleared cache and data already.

Edit : think I found the problem. It had something to do with my synapse doze and battery settings I think.

Now works perfect.

b39bdfb302afffa345ee3cefaf7b0c14.jpg
4fc2da003e7d2b359cd79392264c3be7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

frankie1220

Jan 6, 2013
Nothing mentioned about it working on lollipop ROMs so I dunno if I should try it. Can I?
And hotword really not going to work anymore? I got an MXPE.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rameshwar Choudhary

kryshnakishore

Aug 19, 2015
Hyderabad, India
Thanks for bringing this module. I have oneplus one. It doesn't work even after clear cache or reboot.
Getting force close screen

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161013-214727.png
    Screenshot_20161013-214727.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 2,244

Sabissimo

May 12, 2014
Tbilisi
Thanks for bringing this module. I have oneplus one. It doesn't work even after clear cache or reboot.
Getting force close screen

That activity is FC-ing in general for now, though it's wierd that this activity is launching when you longpress home button. Have you tried to clear data for google app? And was google now on tap working prior to installing my module?

kryshnakishore

Aug 19, 2015
Hyderabad, India
That activity is FC-ing in general for now, though it's wierd that this activity is launching when you longpress home button. Have you tried to clear data for google app? And was google now on tap working prior to installing my module?
1.Yes Google now on tap was working before module installation.
2 . yes clear cache doesn't work. Same FC issue

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

Do u mean settings>voice >ok Google decetion? I can't enable before module installation. It's not highlighted to enable. But long press on home works normal poping up voice

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Can i try this?

http://m.tech.firstpost.com/news-an...id-marshmallow-and-nougat-devices-340646.html

cl0g

Jan 4, 2016
Works on CM 13 (sultanxda), OnePlus 3 with Google App 6.6.14.21.
Except pressing settings in app.

Really nice work, hoping for improvements to unleash the full power of the siri-ki**er :)

molano

Nov 21, 2010
No keyboard?

Hello,

Thank you for this. At my end, it works like a charm. I just don't have a keyboard to type to the assistant. Is this normal or something that still needs to be fixed?

Greetz

gahu777

Jul 14, 2015
Thanks, works great on huawei mate7 :)) 6.6.16.21 google app arm

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This module is based on feature, introduced in great AndroidN-ify module and enables Google Assistant on Marshmallow ROMs.

I decided to create this module, because some features of AndroidN-ify on my device were causing SystemUI to crash, due to my rom not being close to AOSP. If your ROM supports all features of AndroidN-ify - I highly suggest to use it! It's awesome!

But in case you have the same problems as I do, but still want to use Google Assistant - you can meanwhile use this module.

Supports Google App 6.6.14.21 and later

All credits go to MrWasdennnoch, Maxr1998, Exalm and other contributors to his great module!

Known bugs:
    • OK Google hotword not working (goes to voice training everytime) Working with 6.10 update!
    • "OK Google" detection settings crash Working with 6.10 update!

After 6.10 update "OK Google" detection is working as intended without any interference, so just go ahead in google settings and configure voice there, it works now!
    For versions below 6.10 use following guide

To use "OK Google" hotword you need to do following:
    1. Update Google App to the latest version (at least 6.8 beta)
    2. Disable assistant in module
    3. Configure "OK Google" detection and voice pattern
    4. Enable assistant in module
    5. Say "OK Google"
    6. ....
    7. Profit!

Enable "OK Google" with screen off (even when not charging)
    After enabling it in module settings, plug/unplug your charger for settings to kick in

Bonus feature: Enable Google Now (feed) in unsupported countries
    In order to enable Google Now in unsupported country, these steps are required:

5) Enable Wifi
    8) Opt-in to Google Now
    9) PROFIT!

P.S. After these steps you can disable "Enable Google Now" setting in Assistant Enabler module, if you don't want your carrier to be identified as VZW. Google Now will continue working.

New feature!
    Broadcast receiver to allow other apps (for example: Tasker) to toggle module settings
    Reference Tasker profile using feature to automatically enable/disable "OK Google Everywhere" when entering/leaving home WiFi: Tasker.zip

NOTE: When enabling/disabling "Ok Google Everywhere" a broadcast intent with action ACTION.POWER.DISCONNECTED must be sent to avoid having to manually plug/unplug the device.

Download:
    http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.sabik.assistantenabler

XDA:DevDB Information
    Assistant Enabler, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    Sabissimo, MrWasdennnoch, Maxr1998, Exalm, rodriguezst
    Source Code: https://github.com/Sabissimo/AssistantEnabler

Xposed Package Name: com.sabik.assistantenabler

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 5.1
    Stable Release Date: 2017-03-15

Created 2016-10-13
    Last Updated 2017-03-16
    New version is out, and it's a big one!

Fixed "OK Google" hotword.
    For now, "OK Google" detection and voice patter has to be configured with assistant turned off in module.

1. Disable assistant in module
    2. Configure "OK Google" detection and voice pattern
    3. Enable assistant in module
    4. Say "OK Google"
    5. ....
    6. Profit!
    New version is out!

• Added GUI
    • Added ability to enable/disable assistant without rebooting
    • Bonus feature: Enable Google Now in unsupported countries*
    • Donation button ;)

* In order to enable Google Now in unsupported country, these steps are required:
    5) Enable Wifi
    8) Opt-in to Google Now
    9) PROFIT!

BTW, huge thanks to you guys! This module has 150000 downloads already! That's a number I never even imagined to reach :D Thanks!
    And special thanks to @Eleo for providing support in this thread, you help me a lot! I honestly wish I had more time to manage thread here too, but you're doing an awesome job!
    New version is out!
    Huge thanks to Exalm for this update!

• Fixed compatibility issues with Google App 6.10+
    • Fixed locale problem (should be working on all locales now, not only english)
    • Fixed "OK Google everywhere" not working sometimes (should be much more stable now)
    • Removed "OK Google" fix (annoying retraining screen), it's fixed in google app itself now, and you can retraing your voice without enabling/disabling assistant
    • New icon (yeey, material design!)
    • Huge refactoring