[ROM][SM-P605][7.1.2] Pixel AOSP (28.09.2017) [SUBSTRATUM] [CAF] [XPOSED] [EOL]

Search This thread

davidmueller13

May 13, 2014
davidmueller.xyz
This is only for SM-P605 (lt03lte)! Even loading an custom recovery will irreversible trigger Knox to 0x1!
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

What is AOSP ?
AOSP is Android as Google publish without other modifications. More or less AOSP is the Nexus devices stock rom without gapps.​

What is CodeAurora Forums ?
Code Aurora Forum (CAF) is a consortium of companies with projects serving the mobile wireless industry. Software projects it concerns itself with are e.g. Android for MSM, Femto Linux Project, LLVM, MSM WLAN and Linux-MSM. Code Aurora is basically AOSP plus all Qualcomm specific enhancements and optimization.​

How to flash:
-Flash TWRP (version 3.0.0-0 or newer recommended)
-Make Nandroid backup (optional)
-Wipe > Advanced Wipe > select data, system, ART/Dalvik Cache, Cache, Internal Storage > Swipe
-Install > select Zip > Swipe, optional: flash GAPPS (before rebooting!) and SuperSU
-Reboot

Features
  • Pixel Theme/Bootanimation/Sounds/Launcher
  • integrated Xposed
  • CAF Chromium Browser
  • Night Light
  • integrated Substratum (Rootless)
  • Wakeblock support
  • Button Light settings

No major issues/bugs
Bootanimation a bit off
No off charging animation

Download

GAPPS SuperSU

Notes:
- just ignore E: Unknown Command errors in TWRP
- If something not listed ist not working, please test it also with SELinux permissive (setenforce 0 via Terminal Emulator/ADB Shell or use SELinuxModeChanger)

Changelog:
20170928: Complete new version based on LA.UM.5.8.r1-02800-8x98.0 with new features

20170604: Rebased on LA.UM.5.8.r1-01900, add some missing things like palm rejection, changes for OMS, add accept all files bluetooth option, some changes from Lineage
20170421: Rebased on Android 7.1.2_r6, added missing messaging app, added F2FS support, added init.d support, removed some previous additions,FFMPEG, Substratum support, ...
20161215: Android 7.1.1_r6, fixed Launcher3 FC, added SuperSu shortcut to settings
20161213: Added button backlight setting (Settings>Buttons), enabled storage manager (more about that), SystemUI tuner enabled per default, unknown sources and developer settings enabled per default, bluetooth disabled per default, Launcher3: removed searchbar/widget, SELinux Enforcing, a few other Things
20161206: merged android 7.1.1
20161129: fixed NTFS/ExFAT, fixed off charging mode
20161126: add browser, support google play webview, fixed camera, changed keylayout to menubutton:menu and doubletaphome:recent apps, increased volume levels
20161121: fixed camcorder, fixed home button wake
20161121: fixed bluetooth, mobile data, camera preview and softbutton lights , added missing soundeffects, Launcher3, touch disabled while using pen, a few other things
20161119: initial release

Screenshots

Credit: LineageOS Team and Maintainer, OmniROM, AOSP OMS, CodeAurora, abforce, bamless

Sources:
AOSP
My changed AOSP Sources and device sources
Kernel sources

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][SM-P605][7.1] The Android Open Source Project, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)

Contributors
davidmueller13
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: 5.1.1 Bootloader and Modem
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2016-11-19
Last Updated 2019-05-02

slawoko

Feb 6, 2012
Munich
it doens´t . All the google apps are broken and the setting menu not available.

Going to flash clean and test ...

temporarium

That's just silly.
7.1 should be better for this tablet because of the pen and no bloat.
Been waiting to try for a while. But I use the tablet for work. Working on getting another beater so I can flash this.
Thank you for continuing progress.

Silly, you say? Nougat has way more Google integration going on. Some of us don't like the direction Google is taking with android development...

The pen works just fine on any ROM, so I'm not sure what you mean...

And the bloat, well that's up to the dev to remove; or you can do it yourself later if rooted.

neol23

May 15, 2011
Sofia
Hi folks
Awesome build - installed it in few minutes along with twrp and Gapps. Everything seems to work fine...

Except:
- could someone tell me how to update modem? My sim card is not recognized. (Not from issue though)
- is there a way to completely turn of buttons backlight? I do not really need light there.

Thank you very much!

EDIT: I found an instruction and will flash stock 5.1.1 and than will repeat the 7.1 flash.

Also magnetic cover works for me - locks/turns screen off and on. Coming from 4.4.2 - that's why sim card is not detected... Working on it.

Thanks,

EDIT2: I flashed with odin stock 5.1.1 (P605XXU1EOI5_P605BTUEOJ1_P605XXU1EOI5_HOME) and than rooted and flashed twrp 3.0.2.0.
Than I repeated all steps and flashed 7.1 + gapps + SU.
... SIM Card is NOT detected again... Which baseband and modem do I need? Can someone post a link for exact parts?
Thanks,

Last edited:
Reactions: soundwave4

Squabl

Jun 21, 2014
EDIT2: I flashed with odin stock 5.1.1 (P605XXU1EOI5_P605BTUEOJ1_P605XXU1EOI5_HOME) and than rooted and flashed twrp 3.0.2.0.
Than I repeated all steps and flashed 7.1 + gapps + SU.
... SIM Card is NOT detected again... Which baseband and modem do I need? Can someone post a link for exact parts?
Thanks,
My bootloader is P605XXU1EPD2 and baseband version P605XXU1EOI5. Try installing Samsung Phone Info from Google Play and check your baseband version. I had to flash to firmware twice to get the new baseband version.

Edit. This is the site I downloaded the firmware:
http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SM-P605
I think I downloaded the newest but I'm not certain. Probably all 5.1.1 versions should work.

Last edited:

tower5

Good morning
Thanks for all the efforts to let be our device P605 an up to date tool!!!
I'm not sure if already stated precisely in some other post ( in such a case my apologies to ask again) but I would ask to the Developer and even to the Users if this extremely interesting upgrade will let be possible the use of S-pen with the std samsung app "S Note" and if files ( using this device for my work notes I have hundreds of documents to maintain..) generated up to now ( I'm still on 5.1.1) with S Note app could be recovered
Thanks again !!!!

Sent from my SM-P605 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: soundwave4

neol23

May 15, 2011
Sofia
My bootloader is P605XXU1EPD2 and baseband version P605XXU1EOI5. Try installing Samsung Phone Info from Google Play and check your baseband version. I had to flash to firmware twice to get the new baseband version.

Edit. This is the site I downloaded the firmware:
http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SM-P605
I think I downloaded the newest but I'm not certain. Probably all 5.1.1 versions should work.
Indeed the baseband and modem were not updated. :(
Is there a way to make sure they will once flashing with odin, or I have to check manually after each flash (boot and check in settings)?
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Squabl

Squabl

Jun 21, 2014
Indeed the baseband and modem were not updated. :(
Is there a way to make sure they will once flashing with odin, or I have to check manually after each flash (boot and check in settings)?
Thanks.

Back in the days when I had my Note 3 the correct way to flash new bootloader/baseband was to take off the battery and wait some time, then plug in the battery and immediately to boot to odin mode. Otherwise the new modem would not stick and especially if the new firmware was for a different country code than the original. The other way round was to flash twice. Probably the best way with P605 is to turn of the device, wait a minute and then boot immediately to odin mode.

neol23

May 15, 2011
Sofia
Back in the days when I had my Note 3 the correct way to flash new bootloader/baseband was to take off the battery and wait some time, then plug in the battery and immediately to boot to odin mode. Otherwise the new modem would not stick and especially if the new firmware was for a different country code than the original. The other way round was to flash twice. Probably the best way with P605 is to turn of the device, wait a minute and then boot immediately to odin mode.

HUGE THANKS!
It worked - flashed twice latest 5.1.1. from sammobile and now I have the same boot and base as yours.
Now 4G works great on aosp 7.1. Also had to restart couple of times. :laugh:

We own 3 years old tablet with the latest firmware - AWESOME! :good:
Still on 6.0.1 on my S7 Edge though... :silly:

Now I only need to find a way to disable the button back-light - it is really annoying...
I use it mostly for games and youtube kids movies for my little son. For book reading also bad, as it will light up on every page change. :(

neol23

May 15, 2011
Sofia
What battery life do u all have? Rom works great but i have 3 hours sot only playing games. With 4.2.2 i got more than 7 hours easy...
Is this normal?

neol23

May 15, 2011
Sofia
What battery life do u all have? Rom works great but i have 3 hours sot only playing games. With 4.2.2 i got more than 7 hours easy...
Is this normal?

I've disabled auto brightness and set it to ~40% and... Got 9 straight hours youtube playback via wifi in 30 hours standby. Great! Love nougat.
Think that LTE sucks a lot of power...

If there was a way to disable button light - would be perfect and last rom for my note.
Cheers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is only for SM-P605 (lt03lte)! Even loading an custom recovery will irreversible trigger Knox to 0x1!
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

What is AOSP ?
    AOSP is Android as Google publish without other modifications. More or less AOSP is the Nexus devices stock rom without gapps.​

What is CodeAurora Forums ?
    Code Aurora Forum (CAF) is a consortium of companies with projects serving the mobile wireless industry. Software projects it concerns itself with are e.g. Android for MSM, Femto Linux Project, LLVM, MSM WLAN and Linux-MSM. Code Aurora is basically AOSP plus all Qualcomm specific enhancements and optimization.​

How to flash:
    -Flash TWRP (version 3.0.0-0 or newer recommended)
    -Make Nandroid backup (optional)
    -Wipe > Advanced Wipe > select data, system, ART/Dalvik Cache, Cache, Internal Storage > Swipe
    -Install > select Zip > Swipe, optional: flash GAPPS (before rebooting!) and SuperSU
    -Reboot

Features
    • Pixel Theme/Bootanimation/Sounds/Launcher
    • integrated Xposed
    • CAF Chromium Browser
    • Night Light
    • integrated Substratum (Rootless)
    • Wakeblock support
    • Button Light settings

No major issues/bugs
    Bootanimation a bit off
    No off charging animation

Download

GAPPS SuperSU

Notes:
    - just ignore E: Unknown Command errors in TWRP
    - If something not listed ist not working, please test it also with SELinux permissive (setenforce 0 via Terminal Emulator/ADB Shell or use SELinuxModeChanger)

Changelog:
    20170928: Complete new version based on LA.UM.5.8.r1-02800-8x98.0 with new features

20170604: Rebased on LA.UM.5.8.r1-01900, add some missing things like palm rejection, changes for OMS, add accept all files bluetooth option, some changes from Lineage
    20170421: Rebased on Android 7.1.2_r6, added missing messaging app, added F2FS support, added init.d support, removed some previous additions,FFMPEG, Substratum support, ...
    20161215: Android 7.1.1_r6, fixed Launcher3 FC, added SuperSu shortcut to settings
    20161213: Added button backlight setting (Settings>Buttons), enabled storage manager (more about that), SystemUI tuner enabled per default, unknown sources and developer settings enabled per default, bluetooth disabled per default, Launcher3: removed searchbar/widget, SELinux Enforcing, a few other Things
    20161206: merged android 7.1.1
    20161129: fixed NTFS/ExFAT, fixed off charging mode
    20161126: add browser, support google play webview, fixed camera, changed keylayout to menubutton:menu and doubletaphome:recent apps, increased volume levels
    20161121: fixed camcorder, fixed home button wake
    20161121: fixed bluetooth, mobile data, camera preview and softbutton lights , added missing soundeffects, Launcher3, touch disabled while using pen, a few other things
    20161119: initial release

Screenshots

Credit: LineageOS Team and Maintainer, OmniROM, AOSP OMS, CodeAurora, abforce, bamless

Sources:
    AOSP
    My changed AOSP Sources and device sources
    Kernel sources

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][SM-P605][7.1] The Android Open Source Project, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)

Contributors
    davidmueller13
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 5.1.1 Bootloader and Modem
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2016-11-19
    Last Updated 2019-05-02
    New build

Changelog:
    -Rebased on Android 7.1.2_r6