Tilt 'HTC USB Modem' driver needed (for Windows XP)

Search This thread

explorer82

Nov 17, 2007
Hi

I am missing the original CD that shipped with my AT&T Tilt Package. Would anyone be kind enough to upload the USB Modem drivers available on the CD please.

I have read the Wiki and I have looked over the forums for it, all I could find were the Vista Drivers for the same, but not the XP divers.

Thanks for looking.

sstrunks84

Mar 1, 2006
New York
do you have the latest version of Microsoft Activesync installed? If not, you should download it from Microsoft.com and it should be ready to sync.

explorer82

Nov 17, 2007
I do not need ActiveSync

Hi

I already have ActiveSync 4.5 installed. HTC USB Modem drivers are different, they allow the kaiser to act as a dial-up modem that we can connect to a laptop computer.

Although we can use the 'Internet sharing option' in Kaiser for the same purpose, I just wanted to experiment with this alternative.

I am sure the drivers are available on the AT&T CD, I just need someone to upload it here.

heavyjeff17

Dec 2, 2005
Thousand Oaks
IntShrUI

Hey, I have a Tilt too. I was messing around using the Tilt as a modem. I have the drivers, but I couldn't get the Tilt to dial right. I found on this forum a program called IntShrUI. It is in the Windows folder of your Tilt. Just run it and follow the onscreen instructions. You don't have to dial anything. Just plug the Tilt into your computer, click connect on the Tilt, and the internet is up. I can give you more info, I am looking for the thread. I can upload the drivers when I get home too if you want to go that route.

explorer82

Nov 17, 2007
Thanks

Your method of connection is good, but I do not have a data plan. I guess it works if you have a data plan or something.

What I am doing is, I am making a voice call over the GSM network to a free dial-up number. The speeds are VERY slow, about 7-8kbps, but it does work.

Oh and if the number we dial isn't free, then we will be charged for the duration of the voice call. I know its low tech, but its free for me and it actually works.

Thanks for replying.

heavyjeff17

Dec 2, 2005
Thousand Oaks
Sorry, I misunderstood. I used to do that too. Just making a data call to my ISP to get the internet. I will attach the drivers from my AT&T CD. The folder is labeled Vista, but I am pretty sure these are what I used and that they work with XP. I will test it when I figure out where my dumb USB cable went.

Attachments

• Tilt_USB_Drivers.zip
    21.5 KB · Views: 7,032

explorer82

Nov 17, 2007
Thanks again

Thank you for the drivers jeff. After tinkering a lot with the WModem application, I believe that the HTC Kaiser cannot be used as a conventional dial up modem.

The only way to overcome this problem is to use 'Internet sharing' in Kaiser and specify a connection there itself. The only disadvantage here is, we cannot use the dial up services like NetZero that require us to use their custom dialers.

If anyone has a solution to this, please make a suggestion. :)

explorer82

Nov 17, 2007
Vista drivers do work

Yes, the Vista drivers work under xp. The kaiser is unrecognized as 'HTC USB modem'. However, as I pointed out earlier, the Kaiser does not behave like a conventional dial up modem. Only if you have GPRS, 3G etc. you can use this method.

BenBoosted

May 7, 2008
I'm in the same boat. I couldn't get those drivers to load.

It's unreal that you can't find USB drivers for this phone anywhere on the Internet for XP.

tubaking182

Mar 28, 2008
internet

Your method of connection is good, but I do not have a data plan. I guess it works if you have a data plan or something.

What I am doing is, I am making a voice call over the GSM network to a free dial-up number. The speeds are VERY slow, about 7-8kbps, but it does work.

Oh and if the number we dial isn't free, then we will be charged for the duration of the voice call. I know its low tech, but its free for me and it actually works.

Thanks for replying.

i don't mean to criticize or anything, but you have a $400 phone, unlimited internet for the phone is like $20, why not just do that? or do pda unlimited for $50 and you get unlimited sms too, i just don't get shelling out a full paycheck for a phone and not the extra few bucks to optimize it

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
I'm in the same boat. I couldn't get those drivers to load.

It's unreal that you can't find USB drivers for this phone anywhere on the Internet for XP.

I had no problem getting these drivers to work on Vista and XP. All you need to do is launch Internet Sharing while your phone is connected to the PC, and when the driver prompt comes up, point Windows to the folder where you stored the drivers.

Under Windows XP SP3, I do not even get prompted for drivers, everything loads automatically.

rubicant1982

Aug 28, 2007
XP 8925(tilt) ICS usb driver

I'm trying to get my 8925(tilt) connected for ICS on my girlfriends' parents' computer running XP sp 1 via usb.

It tries installing a 'generic IRNDS' (something like that), but doesnt work. I couldn't find a working driver, even when I extracted the vista drivers to a folder and tried setting it as the driver for the 8925 in the device manager. All to no avail.

Does anyone know where I can find the XP driver for whatever usb device it would be consider for ICS?

i've got all the tethering plan yadda yadda, I just need it to work, the phone is faster w/ 3g than thier ... !dial-up!!!

Needless to say we watch a lot of Jurrasic Park on VHS in full Dolby Stereo at that household. ha, no really, i need some help with this. please holla back.

dani31

Dec 18, 2007
@explorer82: go to Start > Settings > Connections tab > Connections > Add a new modem connection.
Select "Cellular Line" as a modem, input the number, user, pass etc.
Than connect to your computer and activate ICS on your Tilt. This should do it.

@rubicant1982: as mentioned in the 2nd post, you need to install Activesync (free download from Microsoft) to be able to connect to Windows XP.

rigopineda

Jan 15, 2009
At&t tilt drivers for xp

Hello veryone!

I've lost my CD included in the AT&T TILT which includes the drivers.
I've search the web in order to find this driver compatible with my Windows XP computer, but unfortunatelly no one has up-loaded this program.

If any one has it, we will appreciate if you share it with us.

Regards,