FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Audio during boot up screens

462 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By aaronsmckee, Senior Member on 17th December 2007, 09:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Does anyone know if it is possible/how to create longer boot up audio as a device starts (after HR/SR)? I'm familiar with creating custom boot screens but I thought it would be cool to have some custom audio (in my case the Descent by Dieselboy) play during device startup, any and all feed back would be appreciated.

18th December 2007, 04:53 AM |#2  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronsmckee

Does anyone know if it is possible/how to create longer boot up audio as a device starts (after HR/SR)? I'm familiar with creating custom boot screens but I thought it would be cool to have some custom audio (in my case the Descent by Dieselboy) play during device startup, any and all feed back would be appreciated.

Ummmmm, how does a little exe that plays an mp3 sound? You just need to place the exe along with the mp3 in the startup folder. Would you like me to write a little app that does this? Just let me know, it shouldn't take me more than a few minutes to chalk up .
18th December 2007, 05:09 AM |#3  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundershadow14

Ummmmm, how does a little exe that plays an mp3 sound? You just need to place the exe along with the mp3 in the startup folder. Would you like me to write a little app that does this? Just let me know, it shouldn't take me more than a few minutes to chalk up .

Wow, it's great if you do that, thanks in advance. Waiting for that program. But it should close automatically after boot finished so it couldn't use any RAM in running background
18th December 2007, 05:18 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by medkid

Wow, it's great if you do that, thanks in advance. Waiting for that program. But it should close automatically after boot finished so it couldn't use any RAM in running background

I'm about to goto bed, so I'll do it tomorrow (Unless another developer beats me to it, cuz it really is a simple app). And yes, as soon as the file plays out, the application will close itself, and free up your precious memory, not a problem.
18th December 2007, 06:56 AM |#5  

More
I still wish the animated gif app played sound on the titan like it does on the kaiser. I havent really looked into why it doesnt in depth, but it would be nice.

Thundershadow, when would your app play these sounds? right now the animated gif app should/does play them before the welcomehead screen and after the second splash. If you could cue your app to play then, it would be great. Especially with the longer boot times of WM6 and BigStorage roms.
18th December 2007, 10:10 PM |#6  

More
AudioBoot 0.1
AudioBoot 0.1.

Simply plays "startup.mp3" (which MUST be located in your devices root) when your device starts and kills itself when the mp3 reaches it's end. The application itself is only 5kb, but im using fmod to play the mp3, and that dll is quite large. I could use playsound, but you'd be limited to wav sounds, and mp3's only work with playsound if you're using WM6. So I guess I'll release a WM6 version, which will be roughly 5 kb, and any device prior to WM6 will use fmod.

Installation/Usage:
1)Extract to your device
2)Rename any mp3 "startup.mp3" and place it in your devices root.
3)Place the shortcut in the zip file in Windows\Startup
4)Soft reset and the mp3 should play on boot.

Took me like 5 mins to write, so let me know if it works .

Edit: Just added the source for anyone who wants to improve .
Attached Files
File Type: zip AudioBoot 0.1.zip - [Click for QR Code] (234.1 KB, 656 views)
File Type: zip AudioBoot 0.1 Source.zip - [Click for QR Code] (263.2 KB, 327 views)
19th December 2007, 01:35 AM |#7  
Flag Athens

More
Exclamation
WOW!
You're Good!!!
Waiting for the WM6 version!
19th December 2007, 02:37 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 104

Donate to Me
More
Very nice little add-on... could you maybe sign it, or whatever it takes there, to remove the "Unknown Publisher" warning? Having to click "Yes, I trust you" to play a startup noise isn't very fun
19th December 2007, 03:02 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I can use it with my Hx4700 WM6 kozhura ROM.
Thanks.
vivi
19th December 2007, 05:11 AM |#10  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Is i'nt it little too heavy? Can we not cut the flab with small foot print. Play any of the wave file staying inside the \Windows folder?
19th December 2007, 09:16 AM |#11  

More
thanks thundershadow, it works on my Atom, but please make it use "startup.mp3" in /Windows, as I want to build it into my ROM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)