HardSPL will not install - WHITE SCREEN: SOLVED (UPDATE 01. March 2008)

Search This thread

jockyw2001

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 17, 2007
For those who cannot install the HardSPL and don't wonna read this thread, here is the solution:

1a. download the 5 attached files
1b. pull out the battery, REMOVE SIM and SD CARDS !! and reinsert battery (this step *is* important)
1c. connect your PC to phone with a USB cable
2. copy JumpSPL1.56-KAIS.exe to your device and run it (make sure the USB cable is still connected). If you still get a white screen then reset your device and now try JumpSPL1.93-KAIS.exe
3. after a few seconds "USB" appears on the phone display
4. unplug and replug the usb cable
5. deselect "Allow USB connections" in Activesync connection settings
6. now flash hardSPL (run KaiserCustomRUU.exe from flash-hardSPL.zip on your PC)

Notes:
1. if when running a JumpSPL an error is shown try to application unlock your device first with SDA_ApplicationUnlock (you must run this on PC with an activesync connection via USB cable). If you still get errors you need to hard reset your device (power off, keep both left and right navigation keys pressed and power on)
2. With the JumpSPL you should *not* flash radio roms, OS roms or full roms. The JumpSPL is only needed to flash a HardSPL (or SPL)

Attachments

• JumpSPL1.56-KAIS.zip
    108.9 KB · Views: 88,453
  • flash-hardSPL.zip
    448.6 KB · Views: 68,187
  • SDA_ApplicationUnlock.zip
    96 KB · Views: 44,453
  • JumpSPL1.93-KAIS.zip
    108.6 KB · Views: 59,929
  • JumpSPL1.94-KAIS.zip
    108.5 KB · Views: 30,323
Last edited:

Geraldous

Dec 19, 2007
Singapore!!
Way to go!
My tilt is arriving on boxing day, now i have everything ready for flashing. Thanks for collating everything when the information was available!

merry christmas :)

stozmon

Jul 9, 2007
Columbus
You Are The Man!

jockyw2001,

I just wanted to say that even though I never had this issue on my Tilt, I have been following your progress closely from the start and just wanted to commend your Herculean effort in attaining the solution. It is hard working, selfless individuals like yourself that embody the spirit of this forum and the developer community.
BRAVO!

mfrazzz

Sep 12, 2006
Falcon, Colorado
Amazing work and congrats on solving this! Have a Merry Christmas and I sent you a donation via PayPal. I have a couple of friends getting Tilts and they will be thrilled to see they can flash custom roms if they choose to do so!

a in yul

Jul 23, 2006
Canada
short answer:success..!!

thanks, will have to try it once i get back home..!

UPDATE:eek:k, couldnt wait, tried it out, and it worked, many thanks, this was a nice xmas gift made even nicer by your efforts to make this possible..!

NB: i was somewhat worried because of a few beginners' errors;

1.i wasnt sure where to install the Jumpspl1 hence i just saved onto phone, is that ok and/or should i remove(move) it?

2.initially i got an error, went through the Recovery feature, and tried again, 2nd time around it step 1&2 worked, and then loaded Duttys rom

3. Thanks a million, your generosity of time is exemplerary,

Merry Xmas to one and all..!

PS:what are the prereqs for updating the radio(Provider=Fido), is usually more recent better or is it via trial and error?
PPS:Sign of my thx sent via PP.

Last edited:

a in yul

Jul 23, 2006
Canada
need help...

Sie haben einen ungültigen Betrag eingegeben. Überprüfen Sie, ob Sie das Dezimalkomma korrekt verwendet haben und ausschließlich numerische Werte eingegeben haben. Bei einem Betrag von $5,00 USD geben Sie beispielsweise 5,00 ein.

trying to participate via PP, no luck..; let me know, thx.

weddellkw

Dec 23, 2007
After running JumpSPL I get to the tri-color screen, pull the usb after 'usb' comes up, plug it back in, and nothing (tri-color screen stays till i reboot)...
A soft-boot brings the Tilt back to life.
SIM card and SD are removed.

My version numbers seem to match people who successfully flashed.

Stumped...

vanydotk

Mar 31, 2006
After running JumpSPL I get to the tri-color screen, pull the usb after 'usb' comes up, plug it back in, and nothing (tri-color screen stays till i reboot)...
A soft-boot brings the Tilt back to life.
SIM card and SD are removed.

My version numbers seem to match people who successfully flashed.

Stumped...

*sigh.. young gun, back in my day we had to run everything ourselves, it wasn't put in a neat little package that did everything for us.

After you get into the tircolored screen and plug your USB back in, you have extract and run hard spl (using the file on the first page of this thread).
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=63026&d=1198513037

That one to be exact.

elrooster

Aug 30, 2007
Awesome. Thanx I'm planning on buying a second Tilt. I didn't have any problem with the first one and has D 1.57.00.00. But you never know.

Last edited:

mofoliar

Jun 5, 2007
Paradise,CA
Running Sleuth V1.1.. Runs good. nice software

Rom:1.1 Sleuth
Rom Date:8/28/07
Radio Version:1.27.12.11
Protocol:22.45.88.07H

Thanks again for the update bypass

Merry Christmas~

weddellkw

Dec 23, 2007
*sigh.. young gun, back in my day we had to run everything ourselves, it wasn't put in a neat little package that did everything for us.

After you get into the tircolored screen and plug your USB back in, you have extract and run hard spl (using the file on the first page of this thread).
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=63026&d=1198513037

That one to be exact.

Tried this, get an error 240 - can not open file w/ the hardSPL and the Splash executables.
Should have mentioned that in the last post. Sorry. Assumed there was a reboot or something coming after resetting the usb connection...

lowreeds

Dec 6, 2007
NYC
OK maybe this can be an example for others (and me)
I was able to flash a splash so I got cocky and tried to flash a cooked rom via kaiser kitchen.

Now I'm stuck in the boot loader.

I then tried to flash RUU_Kaiser_CINGULAR_WWE_.exe and got "invalid vendor id".

Then I tried to flash hard_spl from the first post. 0%

I've searched for hours trying to find a fix.
I tried a hard reset. No dice.
I've got mtty running and ran the boot command.
Code:
Fill RSVD information for block 288 to 309
Storage start sector=0xAB80, total sector=0x10740
Storage start block=707, total block=1053
Total Bad Block in CE: 1

Erase physical block from 996 to 2032

si backup: Erase physical block from 2032 to 2048
It still wont boot.
Please help...
boot screen shows:
RUUNBH
KAIS1*0
SPL-1.56.0000
CPLD-8

again please help....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those who cannot install the HardSPL and don't wonna read this thread, here is the solution:

1a. download the 5 attached files
    1b. pull out the battery, REMOVE SIM and SD CARDS !! and reinsert battery (this step *is* important)
    1c. connect your PC to phone with a USB cable
    2. copy JumpSPL1.56-KAIS.exe to your device and run it (make sure the USB cable is still connected). If you still get a white screen then reset your device and now try JumpSPL1.93-KAIS.exe
    3. after a few seconds "USB" appears on the phone display
    4. unplug and replug the usb cable
    5. deselect "Allow USB connections" in Activesync connection settings
    6. now flash hardSPL (run KaiserCustomRUU.exe from flash-hardSPL.zip on your PC)

Notes:
    1. if when running a JumpSPL an error is shown try to application unlock your device first with SDA_ApplicationUnlock (you must run this on PC with an activesync connection via USB cable). If you still get errors you need to hard reset your device (power off, keep both left and right navigation keys pressed and power on)
    2. With the JumpSPL you should *not* flash radio roms, OS roms or full roms. The JumpSPL is only needed to flash a HardSPL (or SPL)
    So looks like i jacked up my SIM card taking it out. I got it replaced, after reverting my phone back to stock. Not sure i needed to even do that as all the girl at the store did was replace my SIM card. So My advice if anyone goes through the steps and gets SIM card missing is that u probably jacked it up and it needs replacing