GroupSMS 1.4.3

Search This thread

Sho'nuff

Mar 13, 2009
Hawaii
I just have a quick question. Do I need to create the group in Outlook once I install this application? If you wouldn't mind taking me through a little step by step, it would be so very helpful. I am not too good with these things!

obsydian

May 15, 2007
London
Maximum

Im trying to send the same SMS to about 50 people in one go, but everyone keeps complaining saying they get the same message 5 to 7 times.

Does this software have a limit ?

t0flus

Mar 5, 2004
www.stephansen.org
There are no limitations in my application. A problem while sending the message must be a Microsoft issue as it is the original messaging application that does the sending of SMS messages.

Make sure you don't use a task manager that close the messaging application when you hit X in the upper right corner. It takes a while to send 50 messages..... if you close the application it may lead to the issues you are experiencing.

Øystein

a-mac

Sep 14, 2009
I have just installed the Group SMS on my TouchPro2. Magic! When I got the phone, I couldn't believe a device as advanced as this didn't have that essential facility already. So this is going to be a great help.

I just want one more thing now. It would be nice to have a version that has subgroups that can be chosen en masse, rather than having to select each name individually. I often have to send messages to people in specific teams and if I have to select them individually, there's always the risk I might forget one. Plus it's time consuming.

So what I'd like to see under the "Show all" contacts option is a list of other groups that I can create and name myself, for example: "Show Sales Group", "Show Team Leader Group", "Show HR Group", etc etc. THEN a "Select All" option within the chosen group as an added feature so that any individuals to be OMITTED can have their box unchecked - cos again it's quicker than choosing individuals one at a time.

Is that something that could be added in next time there's a new version being made available?

a-mac

Sep 14, 2009
... the reason I ask this is that when I used the program I realised that I can't, currently, create any permanent group sets but have to choose the names individually each time.

a-mac

Sep 14, 2009
... the reason I ask this is that when I used the program I realised that I couldn't, currently, create any permanent group sets but would have to choose the names individually each time.

t0flus

Mar 5, 2004
www.stephansen.org
Hi.

If you use the categories in outlook they will show in GroupSMS as predefined groups.

Maybe I should make an updated version where you can create groups and upload it to MarketPlace and charge a dollar or two....:)

Øystein

a-mac

Sep 14, 2009
Unfortunately my TouchPro2 wont speak to the Outlook 2000 on my dinosaur PC until it teps aside for Vista! Consequently your suggestion is unworkable at the moment, and so is smartphone/PC synching.

Fortunately the synching isn't a priority for my smartphone usage and can wait until I get a new PC with a more modern windows operating system!

A dollar or 2 sounds a cunning plan if and when you do your next version, and I truly appreciate your philanthropy thus far! :)

t0flus

Mar 5, 2004
www.stephansen.org
On a Touch Pro 2 you should be able to create Categories directly on you device. Go into contact details and scroll till you see "Categories" or a translated version of it :)

The only problem is that it is a time consuming process to create a lot of categories and assign members to them....

Øystein

DavidMc0

Oct 5, 2007
Glasgow
I've found that GroupSMS doesn't work on some Manila 2.5 roms, as the SMS client only allows up to 10 recipients (though this can be changed to 50).

Also, when the contacts are imported by group SMS, they are 'invalid' recipients according to the manila 2.5 client.

Not sure if this is fixable, but it'd be much appreciated if it were.

I must say, this is the first time I've had an issue with group SMS (which is probably the fault of the M2.5 client, not group SMS), and I've been using it for I guess around 2 years, every week, and it saves me probably 10-20 minutes every time - fantastic!

Thanks so much for the work on this very useful software - it's one of the main reasons I won't move to an Iphone.

Cheers!

t0flus

Mar 5, 2004
www.stephansen.org
Hmmm, I´ll look into it. Do you know of any Manila 2.5 ROMs to my old Touch Pro?

I´m actually using an iPhone at the moment and I miss my Group SMS. I´ve even tried to develop a simular application for the iPhone. But due to Apples limitations it´s not possible without a jailbreak.....

Øystein

Last edited:

NoSubstitute

Oct 29, 2008
Malmö
It's also a bit outdated, since you have released at least version 1.48 this year. Sadly it isn't available on MS Marketplace anymore (at least not to me) so I can't download it.

Found a 1.4.8 cab in your other thread in the forum.

Last edited:

t0flus

Mar 5, 2004
www.stephansen.org
The "old" 1.4.8 is still available for download all around the internet. The new version on Marketplace is a total rewrite of the application which support creating, editing and deleting groups in a much more finger friendly interface. It should still be available on the Marketplace US store, I have not removed it.

Øystein

Chawki

Feb 25, 2011
Tunis
Group SMS for Windows Phone 7

Hi,

A million thanks for the app, which was extremely useful on my old (RIP) HTC Touch Pro.

Do you think you would be able to have such a software for Windows Phone 7? I bought an HTC 7 Pro, but I was completely disappointed: no category support, no group SMSing...

Best,

Chawki

Top Liked Posts