How do I remove program bar from bottom of a screen?

Search This thread

artisticcheese

Aug 26, 2003
www.unixsucks.com
Hi,

I thought it's launched by some program in StartUp folder but I deleted "Launcher" out of it but I still see that bar on bottom of my screen (with CommManager icon). How can I delete it? I cooked my ROM using Pandora's kitchen.

Thanks,
G

edbutler

Jun 27, 2007
Hi,

I thought it's launched by some program in StartUp folder but I deleted "Launcher" out of it but I still see that bar on bottom of my screen (with CommManager icon). How can I delete it? I cooked my ROM using Pandora's kitchen.

Thanks,
G
Try "dciNoBar" you can find here or just google it, it's an exe file just copy to startup folder in windows and SR and no more bottom bar. Hope this helps.

starbase64

Apr 3, 2007
Try "dciNoBar" you can find here or just google it, it's an exe file just copy to startup folder in windows and SR and no more bottom bar. Hope this helps.

dciNoBar hide the bottom Bar not Tray bar. The Cab makes a Shortcut in Startup.

wfg

Starbase64

Attachments

• DciNoBar.cab
    4 KB · Views: 775

egoist6

Sep 4, 2007
Munich
Remove shortcut to Launch? I removed it but after each reset it comes back again even though shortcut is not there anymore.

i have been searching for a solution a while ago for the same problem: disabling the tray bar. the tray bar becomes visible one one app makes use of it.

all the different solutions i have found made my device instable or made the device react in a strange way.

my workaround is to avoid icons in the tray bar. the tray bar is still there but invisible as long as no other icon appears.

i konw of three icons which you can rid of:
- comm manager (use schaps advanced config tool)
- battery (dito)
- vibrate button (delete the lnk-file of the stratup folder and replace the app with "vibra switch")

edited:
funny enough. was looking for something else and came across this:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=280104
look fpr the first bullet...
havent tried this out yet.

Last edited:

jimbobcooterrooter

Apr 28, 2007
yea i came from a wizard too it was easy but i only had those two in the bar anyways so for screen cap and all that idunno its probably the app check the settings but other than that i dunno

lele.d

Oct 13, 2007
Genoa
Remove task bar and icon

You can use Advanced Configuration Tool.
With this utility you can edit a lot of settings.
When you launch the program on Apparence tab remove the flags
on battery icon and wireless save and exit.
Make a soft-reset. The task bar is only show when you connect the device with usb cable or bluetooth active sync.

I hope to have been usefully to you:)

mcfarlan

Oct 10, 2007
North Carolina
Possible Solution

Search for 'Clear Today Screen' cab. (I think it is in the Pandora 6 Naked thread) Note that to uninstall you will have to first delete the VijayToggle link in Startup, soft reset, then delete the program in Programs folder.