FORUMS

WMWifiRouter - v1.60 (build 1120) - December 17, 2009

11,421 posts
Thanks Meter: 88,257

By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 6th January 2008, 09:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th March 2008, 06:24 PM |#721  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Ater Rebinding
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

Exactly where and when does it freeze?

Sorry, forgot to post. WMwifi opens with no problems, I can change config.
When I click connect, I can't read it, it flashes fast. I do see
"rebinding ...." then
Not connected
Starting ICS

I've tried it with ICS still running and not. Then the phone freezes and I have to soft reset.
Thanks for the help!
11th March 2008, 06:29 PM |#722  
Florida
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spambaggs

I suspect WMWifiRouter broke my wifi.

I have an AT&T Tilt. Been playing iwth wmwifirouter a lot lately, since all of a sudden my ICS stopped working. That isn't concerning nearly as much as not being able to enable WIFI anymore. Don't know why.

I uninstalled wmwifirouter, that didn't help. I go to reinstall, and it fails to reinstall. Sorta screwed here. Can anyone help me out?

I love WMwifiRouter, but I've had this happen to me a few times on my Mogul.

I can replicate it by starting WMwifi and NOT turning the wifi-switch on, and then turning it on while loading. I've also had it happen just at random now too.

When it "breaks" my wifi the only thing I can do is do a hard reset of my device to get it back.

It doesn't happen a lot, but it's obviously a PITA when it does!

Did you get your wifi working again on your tilt?
11th March 2008, 06:30 PM |#723  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

You return mail address is blocking attachments...

Hmm. Its a gmail address, so I wouldn't know why. Is there a registry change you can simply describe for the fix?
11th March 2008, 09:52 PM |#724  
Flag Edmond, OK
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Sorry if this has been discussed (search didn't turnup much and I'm not reading through 73 pages), but what do you guys think about the old freeware version (.91) is that all you need or is it best to just just pay for the full version? I couldn't even find a price on the site. Thanks for any help you can provide.
12th March 2008, 12:35 AM |#725  
Florida
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke_N_PDA

Sorry if this has been discussed (search didn't turnup much and I'm not reading through 73 pages), but what do you guys think about the old freeware version (.91) is that all you need or is it best to just just pay for the full version? I couldn't even find a price on the site. Thanks for any help you can provide.

The "full pay version" isn't out yet.

I heard some say that the .88 version was "the best"... Not sure why though.
12th March 2008, 04:49 AM |#726  
Thanks Meter: 502

More
Does anyone have a fix to make WMwifirouter not EFF your wireless settings after you install it? Whenever I run WMwifirouter, and then close it down, I can NEVER connect to my home network again. It does something to completely FUBAR the settings. The only thing I can do is re-input all of my settings for my home network and hope it connects. Soft reset doesnt fix anything, nor does turning off wifi and then turning it back on, nor does uninstalling WMwifirouter alltogether.

Thanks
12th March 2008, 05:46 AM |#727  

More
uninstall wmwifirouter and now my wifi doesn't work at all. I'm connected to my own network but i can't surf the net or do anything else. Help!
12th March 2008, 03:15 PM |#728  
OP Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
If your wifi is screwed up, you uninstalled WMWifiRouter and are on one of these devices:

TNETW12511 WIFI:
-HTC Titan / Sprint Mogul / Verizon XV6800 / P4000
-HTC TyTN II / Kaiser / AT&T Tilt / 8925 / P4550
-Elf / HTC Touch
-HTC Vox

Get the attached CAB file.

- Soft-reset device
- Install CAB
- Soft-reset device

It should reset all your Wifi and ICS settings to 'factory default'. You may still have to fiddle with the wifi network filter (switch from 'access point only' to 'computer to computer (adhoc) only' and back, switch TCP/IP settings for wifi card to static and back to DHCP) but it should work.
Attached Files
File Type: cab TNETW1251-WIFI-ICS-Fix.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (2.1 KB, 1068 views)
12th March 2008, 03:16 PM |#729  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso

Does anyone have a fix to make WMwifirouter not EFF your wireless settings after you install it? Whenever I run WMwifirouter, and then close it down, I can NEVER connect to my home network again. It does something to completely FUBAR the settings. The only thing I can do is re-input all of my settings for my home network and hope it connects. Soft reset doesnt fix anything, nor does turning off wifi and then turning it back on, nor does uninstalling WMwifirouter alltogether.

Thanks

This should be fixed in the new version.

You can find v0.97 RC3 here:
http://www.jongma.org/tmp/wmwr.cab

That is a test version, though.
12th March 2008, 03:17 PM |#730  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzK

I love WMwifiRouter, but I've had this happen to me a few times on my Mogul.

I can replicate it by starting WMwifi and NOT turning the wifi-switch on, and then turning it on while loading. I've also had it happen just at random now too.

When it "breaks" my wifi the only thing I can do is do a hard reset of my device to get it back.

It doesn't happen a lot, but it's obviously a PITA when it does!

Did you get your wifi working again on your tilt?

You just need to use the crash cleanup option...
13th March 2008, 08:35 PM |#731  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 2

More
What perplexes me is why we might wish to use WMWR when ICS USB seems considerably faster? Pinging an arbitrary remote IP address, I get consistent WMWR latencies in the range of 320-450ms with one or two lost packets every 15-25 packets, sometimes more frequently, and an occasional very long latency (over 1 second). With USB, latencies are around 150ms, rock solid, losing few or no packets. So unless portability (phones are pretty portable themselves!) and/or multiple client computers are factors, what's the advantage? Moreover, there is real security on a wired USB connection versus wireless Ad Hoc...

Another question:
On my AT&T Tilt, I can connect to my laptop via ICS BT, and the laptop can see the phone with TCP/IP, but the laptop can't reach the Internet. The laptop doesn't report any available BT services on the phone, and the phone doesn't report any services on the laptop. Is there a Wiki that explains this? Anybody know what I'm doing wrong, or the secret?

Lastly, on the issue of detecting tethering:
ICS is certainly given the MAC address of the tethered client -- it's inherent in connection sharing that the host immediately above a client receives the MAC address of the client. Now, usually that MAC address is discarded by the host (here, the phone) when it, in turn, communicates with it's own host (the provider) -- normally the phone would just report it's own MAC address to the provider. But ICS could certainly be written to pass along client MACs, if any, as well. If WM6.0 ICS doesn't do that (and I assume it doesn't), then it stands to reason that one should stick with the v6.0 version of ICS. My question is, can a provider push a new version of ICS at client phones without the user knowing or pro-acting? Would the WM security paradigm permit that? Satellite TV providers do it all the time, to their Linux-based receivers...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)