C# IDE Mobile is an application (totally free) that I've developed to be able to develop with C#/.NET2CF directly on the Pocket PC-Windows Mobile 5/6 (it doesn't require the .NET SDK, you don't need a desktop computer).
You can download the new version at:
or from my personal page:
MAJOR IMPROVEMENTS: This version includes a Windows Form Designer which greatly helps in creating your application's user interfaces. This designer is available in C# IDE Mobile via the menu "Tools/UserPlugin/ControlEditor" (and therefore works directly on the PPC). This greatly reduces the amount of written code for the application and allows getting a GUI very quickly (a few clicks)
This designer (free, like C# IDE Mobile) is developed by Jean and an introduction/presentation (although in French, but has some pictures to illustrate) is available here:
This new version mainly adds the following improvements:
- Included new Windows Forms Designer (yes, you can a Windows Form designer usable directly on the PPC) developed by Jean (http://pagesperso-orange.fr/asnora/C...l%20Editor.htm)
- Added support for compiled User Plugins (DLL instead of css)
- Added replacement File Dialog for smartphones on which the default .NET2CF FileDialog DLL is missing (this seems to be the case sometimes)
- Corrected issue with "Format document"
- Added support for user DLLs: You can now place your own CF DLLs (generated with Visual Studio for example) in the "UserDLLs" folder and call your functions within them (you can create your API for example in a native CF DLL and call these functions from your C# IDE Mobile code)