ROM [7.0] G950USQU1AQC9 Stock - untested

Search This thread

rmarinella

May 9, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
This is a test ROM, for early testers. Seems to be the first common firmware for several USA carriers. Verizon, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, possibly others.

I don't own the device, so I have no way of testing this release.

Stock, De-Knoxed.

You are flashing at your own risk. I am not responsible for bricked devices.

XDA:DevDB Information
ROM [7.0] G950USQU1AQC9 Stock, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S8

Contributors
rmarinella, rmarinella
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest Baseband

Version Information
Current Beta Version: ROM [7.0] G950USQU1A
Beta Release Date: 2017-04-17

Created 2017-04-18
Last Updated 2017-04-17

ChubbbySquish

Dec 13, 2016
The S8 really is a decent phone, though isn't it. I'm going to try this as soon as I can pick it up, and I'll try to report back as well.

mihaitaiosub

Jun 15, 2008
How can i flash this?

This is a test ROM, for early testers. Seems to be the first common firmware for several USA carriers. Verizon, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, possibly others.

Stock, De-Knoxed.

Contributors
rmarinella, rmarinella

Version Information

Created 2017-04-18
Last Updated 2017-04-17
At the moment,does not exist root and custom recovery for Galaxy s8,and how can i flash this rom?

Reactions: noggind614

Clandaries

May 9, 2013
Stapel
I have read, that if we install the OTA from Samsung it is not possible anymore to change the App for the Bixby key.

In all seriousness, I'm itching to use my t-mo jump on demand. thinking between the lg 6g or the s8+.. and cant decide its to early. I just may as well go back to the LG v20 just to have something different to play with. any thoughts or opinions? Any help is appreciated.

CottonCreeper

Jan 14, 2012
Omnipotent Paradox
You dont need custom recovery to flash custom roms you just need root and flashfire and you all set.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Darn, I was entertained by how many unappreciative, uninformed people talked about how you couldn't flash without custom recovery now it's ruined. Luckily for me after this thread goes to page 4 I'll also have the lazy people that dont use the search button keep it going through the weekend. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

djxn40

May 9, 2015
You can add Sprint to this G950U.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just a thought: why do you want a custom ROM for a phone that is already very good at stock, that has still the manufacturer's warranty, that costs +/- 800€ here in Portugal and that flashing a custom ROM can have the chance of bricking it? :confused: I wouldn't spend +/- 800€ in a phone to brick it after that. . .

Then you are in the wrong forum. If you don't get what the benefits are, well sorry. Your are in the wrong element. I won't event bother to explain.

Stock, De-Knoxed.

Contributors
    rmarinella, rmarinella

Version Information

Created 2017-04-18
    Last Updated 2017-04-17
    In all seriousness, I'm itching to use my t-mo jump on demand. thinking between the lg 6g or the s8+.. and cant decide its to early. I just may as well go back to the LG v20 just to have something different to play with. any thoughts or opinions? Any help is appreciated.

Quit the off-topic please.
    WTF is the point of this with no custom recovery?
    You dont need custom recovery to flash custom roms you just need root and flashfire and you all set.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    What's with all the Knox hate? The fact that Knox exists in Samsung ROMs is the reason we're able to have device-wide adblocking and package disabling without having to hack the device, and while still retaining the ability to do OTA updates.

There are probably a lot of other features that used to require root, or custom firmware, that we can now simply do with apps, all thanks to Knox.