FORUMS

SlideActions: Assign actions to sliding events of Windows Mobile phones

170 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By ferrex, Senior Member on 14th January 2008, 02:35 PM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
I bought my Touch Dual sliding phone for the express purpose of using the sliding open and closed as the physical interface for answering/unlocking then hanging up/locking my phone. But to my surprise the Touch Dual cannot hang-up and/or lock on slide close (although it does answer/unlock on slide open).

So I've written an application to do the job.

The latest version now includes friendly configuration and integration with third party applications such as S2U2.

SlideActions and notes (this is a link to my server, so it always has the latest version).

Open source

Because I don't have the time and I've been asked for new features, and there's been volunteered help I've provided access to SlideAction's SVN repository.
I almost didn't because I never bothered to comment code I didn't expect others to see, but, well, I'm not so precious.

Here's the repository's URL::http://opensource.puna.net.nz/svn/slideactions. Accessible both by web browser and SVN client such as TortoiseSVN.

Anyone wanting to contribute can create a branch (such as opensource.puna.net.nz/svn/slideactions/branchs/new_branch) and I'll merge working features into the main branch.
14th January 2008, 07:27 PM |#2  
Salzburg

More
Its great,

how can i make cab-file tu youse on my touch dual ?

Regards Nick
14th January 2008, 07:53 PM |#3  

More
Great idea!
u have to make a cab file for us
d.
15th January 2008, 01:15 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Cab File
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariandax

Great idea!
u have to make a cab file for us
d.

Goto the link in the first post, CAB file is now available.
15th January 2008, 06:51 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrex

I'll have a look into what it takes to make an installing CAB file...

And it wasn't hard at all. Go to the link in the first post to find the CAB file.
15th January 2008, 06:53 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
I should mention - although this CAB file does put a startup shortcut in place (so the application will start with the phone in future) it doesn't currently start the application to begin with - you'll have to either start it yourself (llook for the application in your Program folder) the first time or restart your phone for it to happen automatically.
15th January 2008, 07:22 AM |#7  
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Nice work Ferrex..!
Keep up them please ..
15th January 2008, 10:39 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
it's great ~
but can I just use it for hanging up calls ?
and not for keys lock ?

15th January 2008, 11:30 AM |#9  

More
I'll test it later.
really great job Mate.
15th January 2008, 02:41 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
great job! will test it tonight!
15th January 2008, 02:51 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexnalexn

it's great ~
but can I just use it for hanging up calls ?
and not for keys lock ?

I haven't tried to make it configureable in any way yet (Update:It is now). So far I've just been happy to figure out how to make it do what I need on my phone.

Ideally it ought be configureable but I don't think I'm going to have the time to do that with a busy work schedule for a while.

I find working on this stuff immensely time consuming because I'm on the wrong side of a big learning curve right now - and at times frustrating (I'm stunned at how much the VSS Deployment Project methodolgy sucks).
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread