FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HTCClassAction.org - October 9, 2008 - Kaiser / Polaris / Nike

11,225 posts
Thanks Meter: 86,707

By Chainfire, Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 15th January 2008, 04:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
The site is up and running, discussion here!

15th January 2008, 07:51 PM |#2  
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
Frontpage is done, see http://www.htcclassaction.org/. Feel free to comment. None of the other pages on the site are done yet, though.
15th January 2008, 07:58 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thumbs down
I understand the point of a petition, but a lawsuit? Why dont you get a Nokia or something,get your mind off things,cool down. I think youre coming across as a disgruntled former employee about to go postal.schitzo...
15th January 2008, 08:09 PM |#4  
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
There isn't really a point to the petition, as companies don't really care. There probably isn't a big point with a class action lawsuit either, as it's entirely possible we won't win. It is something that should be investigated, as ultimately, it's just a way of applying pressure, getting publicity and raising awareness.

And nope, I'm not a former employee, but I am disgruntled by the way HTC is treating us.
15th January 2008, 08:37 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Looks very good!
15th January 2008, 08:51 PM |#6  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vukile

I understand the point of a petition, but a lawsuit? Why dont you get a Nokia or something,get your mind off things,cool down. I think youre coming across as a disgruntled former employee about to go postal.schitzo...

What about people who already use their hard earned money and brought the device already?
15th January 2008, 09:32 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackleung

What about people who already use their hard earned money and brought the device already?

The most basic rule when buying a PDA: Only buy what you know youre getting, not what you think youre getting. I learnt that the hard way three years ago,its the same game all over. I think its an annual event.
15th January 2008, 09:36 PM |#8  
Flag West Fork
Thanks Meter: 126

More
Quote:

Maybe you should read the main thread before posting crap like this. There are plenty of people, including myself who think a class action suite would be a good idea. Even if we didn't win or had no real grounds for one, the negative feedback alone could cause HTC to do something about the driver support.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=339745
15th January 2008, 09:36 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up
Quote:

As Chainfire mentioned, petitions never work. This is because people eventually "cool off" and stop caring that they've been ripped off.

If I paid a lot less for my Kaiser, I wouldn't care as much that it's being outperformed by the older cheaper HTC models. We paid an arm and leg for these costly phones, we'd expect them to at least give us the basics (drivers).

How would you feel if you bought some fancy & expensive graphics board only to have to use the generic drivers that come with your OS?

Chainfire, great work. Let us know when you've set up the paypal account.
15th January 2008, 09:44 PM |#10  
Flag West Fork
Thanks Meter: 126

More
Oh, by the way, wonderful site Chainfire. It has all the info needed in one neatly organized site.
15th January 2008, 09:56 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4,304

More
Excellent site Chainfire. If this is indicative of the effort you put into things, my previous (and future) donations have been well spent!! Very clear and to the point.

I posted a link on the "Proper video drivers...." sticky to a Google page tlaking about the bright new future of Android. Just wondered if it is worth highlighting to visitors to the site that HTC is one of the core companies developing this - perhaps if they realise HTC's attitude will affect more than just the current devices. Or maybe they won't care as most casual browsers don't know what Android is? Ah, I don't know.

Hey, if we draw public attention to all this, and then someone manages to address the issue here on XDA-devs, could that cause problems - infringment of copyright etc?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)