FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 GPU

TyTN II USB Drivers?

192 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By DVS_WiNdz, Senior Member on 26th January 2008, 01:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
My TyTN II isn't being detected by on my PC.. I've tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling everything, but no luck.

Where can I find USB drivers for the TyTN II? I don't recall installing it when I first got my phone, but someone suggested it, but I can't find it anywhere.

26th January 2008, 01:42 AM |#2  
Flag Abu Dhabi
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS_WiNdz

My TyTN II isn't being detected by on my PC.. I've tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling everything, but no luck.

Where can I find USB drivers for the TyTN II? I don't recall installing it when I first got my phone, but someone suggested it, but I can't find it anywhere.

Are you connected via a non-powered USB hub as this can sometimes cause a problem.

Have you tried a different USB cable? I spent a day trying to resolve the same problem on my Universal a couple of years back, only to find the cable was at fault.

EDIT: Did find one other thing a few months back. I installed one of those business card scanners to my laptop and found that whenever it was plugged in, my phone was no longer recognised.. Seems the scanner was pulling all the available USB power for itself.
26th January 2008, 01:44 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
I've tried 3 different cables on 3 different computers
I'm not using a USB hub..
26th January 2008, 01:48 AM |#4  
Flag Vancouver, BC, Canada

More
Did you try changing the advanced settings for the USB-PC connection? I have had that, when I uncheck that box all is good.
Start->settings->connections->USB to PC-> uncheck Enable advanced network functionality

HTH
26th January 2008, 01:52 AM |#5  
Flag Abu Dhabi

More
Quote:

I know this may sound stupid but you are using Activesync aren't you?

I just ask this as you have not mentioned it. A WM device will not be just recognised as a USB device like a printer or other peripheral.
26th January 2008, 01:52 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maherb

Did you try changing the advanced settings for the USB-PC connection? I have had that, when I uncheck that box all is good.
Start->settings->connections->USB to PC-> uncheck Enable advanced network functionality

HTH

Tried that.. didn't work also.. do you remember if you had to install USB drivers for your TyTN II when you first got it? cause I don't remember..
26th January 2008, 01:54 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farsquidge

I know this may sound stupid but you are using Activesync aren't you?

I just ask this as you have not mentioned it. A WM device will not be just recognised as a USB device like a printer or other peripheral.

Yes I'm using activesync.
26th January 2008, 01:57 AM |#8  
Flag Abu Dhabi

More
Quote:

Yes I'm using activesync.

If you have tried it with three different PC's then it does sound as if the port on the phone may be at fault.

One last question, did it work before at all?

Anyone else with any ideas
26th January 2008, 01:59 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

If you have tried it with three different PC's then it does sound as if the port on the phone may be at fault.

One last question, did it work before at all?

Anyone else with any ideas

Yes I've been using it for 4 months and had no problems. The port on my phone works, I've been using my headset and it charges when I plug it into my PC.
26th January 2008, 02:18 AM |#10  
Flag Abu Dhabi

More
Quote:

Yes I've been using it for 4 months and had no problems. The port on my phone works, I've been using my headset and it charges when I plug it into my PC.

Take a magnifier and look at the port under a good light. See if everything looks OK.

Also check another thread close to this one regarding battery drain whilst connected. Could be that you have a damaged port and it shows different symptoms to theirs.

Someone on that thread says it costs $80 for a repair but hang about a few days, someone may come up with a better answer for you.

Hope you get it sorted.
26th January 2008, 02:24 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Take a magnifier and look at the port under a good light. See if everything looks OK.

Also check another thread close to this one regarding battery drain whilst connected. Could be that you have a damaged port and it shows different symptoms to theirs.

Someone on that thread says it costs $80 for a repair but hang about a few days, someone may come up with a better answer for you.

Hope you get it sorted.

Port looks fine.. but my batteries draining.. This started 2 weeks ago.. and I've been charging fine.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)