Thanks Meter: 2

By sunny127, Senior Member on 31st January 2008, 01:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th October 2009, 01:21 AM |#411  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgopoos

Is there any plans to bring compatibility to the new WM 6.5 ?
The new task bar is smaller and part of the icon is getting cut off in wm6.5

Yeah,
any considerations for 6.5?

Can't wait

14th October 2009, 10:35 AM |#412  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I won't admit that Ariel Battery is not a nice app, but I think that credits are not going where they are due.
1 - Ariel Battery is very heavily based on KBattery. The vast majority of the code was written by Kuchin, and if he got the credits he deserves, the original project might still be alive.
2 - As pointed by Allelimo in post 317 (conveniently ignored), since this is based on an open source project, the source code should be made available as per the licence.
3 - I cannot see how Ariel Battery is lighter on resources than KBattery, or is it simply because some of the options of KBattery are gone? For instance, KBattery can display both time and battery, thus overlay time+battery on the standard time, and retain more screen estate (which is why I keep on using KBattery myself).

To conclude, some good work from sunny127, but let us remind that the bulk of the work (and thus credits) should go to Kuchin for making KBattery available as open source in the first place, and that as a result the source code for Ariel Battery should be made available (not that I want the source code myself, but because that's what drives the philosophy behind open source, and why Kuchin was kind enough to publish is project on SourceForge in the first place).

I'm sure that my post is going to be largely ignored, censored or even deleted, but deontologically, I had to point this out.
14th October 2009, 11:05 AM |#413  

More
I was really curious about the resources claims, so tried KBattery v1.0.3 and Ariel Battery v2.1 in turn, both running from my memory card, with nothing else running except for FdcSoft Task Manager v3.1 to check resources consumption:

Ariel Battery v2.1, all default options:
CPU used=0.3% to 1.3%, memory used=11KB

KBattery v1.0.3, default options, except displaying both battery AND time instead of just battery:
CPU used=0.1% to 0.3%, memory used=1KB

These results don't concur with sunny127 claims. These results are on a Toshiba e800 running WM2003SE, so your experience may vary. Another reason for me to stick to the original KBattery, albeit that's only me and everyone is free to use whatever they see fit.
14th October 2009, 11:28 AM |#414  
Thanks Meter: 576

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricri

I won't admit that Ariel Battery is not a nice app, but I think that credits are not going where they are due.
1 - source code for Ariel Battery should be made available (not that I want the source code myself, but because that's what drives the philosophy behind open source, and why Kuchin was kind enough to publish is project on SourceForge in the first place).

I'm sure that my post is going to be largely ignored, censored or even deleted, but deontologically, I had to point this out.

Thanks for throwing light
15th October 2009, 12:19 AM |#415  
Thanks Meter: 1,297

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricri

I was really curious about the resources claims, so tried KBattery v1.0.3 and Ariel Battery v2.1 in turn, both running from my memory card, with nothing else running except for FdcSoft Task Manager v3.1 to check resources consumption:

Ariel Battery v2.1, all default options:
CPU used=0.3% to 1.3%, memory used=11KB

KBattery v1.0.3, default options, except displaying both battery AND time instead of just battery:
CPU used=0.1% to 0.3%, memory used=1KB

These results don't concur with sunny127 claims. These results are on a Toshiba e800 running WM2003SE, so your experience may vary. Another reason for me to stick to the original KBattery, albeit that's only me and everyone is free to use whatever they see fit.

KBattery is using less CPU and less memory, even though it is displaying battery AND time, compared to Ariel. Impressive.
19th October 2009, 07:36 AM |#416  

More
whwere can I get kbattery?
23rd October 2009, 06:05 PM |#417  

More
None of these fit well with the wm6.5.1 task bar. They get cutoff partially
24th October 2009, 09:51 AM |#418  
San Francisco

More
How do I install this?
I am sorry - I am new to this. how do I install this? I extractedthe .exe file and what do I do next? Thank you.
25th October 2009, 06:33 PM |#419  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasy48

I am sorry - I am new to this. how do I install this? I extractedthe .exe file and what do I do next? Thank you.

put the exe file in ur phone and run it.

If u want autostart after soft reset. Make a copy and put it in windows/startup folder

have fun
29th October 2009, 04:55 AM |#420  

More
Thank you so much
29th October 2009, 05:21 AM |#421  
Flag Paris van Java
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRTRIPOD

whwere can I get kbattery?

Get it here. I've tried Ariel battery & kbattery on my Kaiser with WM6.5 and so far I vote for kbattery.
Btw, does anyone know what is the use of registry file on the kbattery zip file? Thx b4
Attached Files
File Type: zip kBattery_v1.1.9.13.zip - [Click for QR Code] (34.4 KB, 254 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)