FORUMS

[Solved] DCD Rom 2.1.0 or WM 6.1 - remove programs empty

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By DarkDevil, Junior Member on 3rd February 2008, 05:00 PM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
DCD great rom, like usual. Does anyone have the same problem my add/remove programs is empty. I flashed with the Rom 2.1.0 Bell Version (reflashed twice). I installed Live search it appears in the remove programs. Total commander, Google Maps, Windows Live 10.6.33 and Calendar+ does not appear. Maybe it's a WM 6.1 problem.

Edit:
I think dynaxfl has the solution in Post #13. I just added some extra steps

1. Do a hard reset. (sync before doing hard reset because you will lost all your contacts/calendar/etc...)
2. After reboot install a registry editor
3. Reset the following the registry to default value: (from dynaxfl post)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\0000 1001 = 2
-> Change the value data from 1 to 2
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\0000 1005 = 16
-> Change the value data from 40 to 16
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\0000 1017 = 128
-> Change the value data from 132 to 128

Save the change and soft reboot. This should work
4. After your reboot you will not see your registry editor you installed in step 2, but reinstall and you'll see it.
5. Install you apps and you should see them in the Remove Programs
3rd February 2008, 05:10 PM |#2  
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDevil

DCD great rom, like usual. Does anyone have the same problem my add/remove programs is empty. I flashed with the Rom 2.1.0 Bell Version (reflashed twice). I installed Live search it appears in the remove programs. Total commander, Google Maps, Windows Live 10.6.33 and Calendar+ does not appear. Maybe it's a WM 6.1 problem.

Yeah i've been having the same problem ever since I flashed to 2.17, at first I thought it hadn't flashed correctly or was a bug so I did a hard reset, even when it booted up and I installed a program to test, nothing appeared. I'm running the Bell wm6.1 rom and I still have the same problem.
I've been using activesync to remove programs though, just it sucks cos it not convenient when my pc is not around....
3rd February 2008, 05:30 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
The 2.17 I didn't have this problem. Does anyone else have this problem on Sprint, Verizon, Telus etc..
3rd February 2008, 05:33 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 409

Donate to Me
More
I don't. Everything I have installed so far shows up. XV6800.
3rd February 2008, 07:24 PM |#5  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 29

More
I am using the DCD 2.1.0 Bell rom aswell, but found that it didn't like to be restored from a Sprite Backup, nor PPCPimBackup.

If everything is fresh, it seems that there are virtually no issues at all, unlike previous roms. Maybe the structuring in wm6.1 is different?
3rd February 2008, 07:56 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiftyclick

I am using the DCD 2.1.0 Bell rom aswell, but found that it didn't like to be restored from a Sprite Backup, nor PPCPimBackup.

If everything is fresh, it seems that there are virtually no issues at all, unlike previous roms. Maybe the structuring in wm6.1 is different?

When you installed a software do you see it in the "Remove Programs"?
3rd February 2008, 08:13 PM |#7  
Flag Toronto

More
Actually... I just spent the time to install 40+ apps, and now that I check I only see roughly 4 entrys in the remove programs applet.....

If i remember correctly, either sktools or pocket mechanic has a built-in program manager/remover. I will check once my ppc gets to that cab install! (still a lot more progs to go.)
3rd February 2008, 09:28 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiftyclick

Actually... I just spent the time to install 40+ apps, and now that I check I only see roughly 4 entrys in the remove programs applet.....

If i remember correctly, either sktools or pocket mechanic has a built-in program manager/remover. I will check once my ppc gets to that cab install! (still a lot more progs to go.)

You can use ActiveSync like origins81 said.
3rd February 2008, 10:10 PM |#9  

More
I'm running dcd's 2.10 on verizon and I can see all of my apps in remove programs on my phone. Also, I can see all in activesync add remove programs.

I swear with previous roms when I would open add remove programs in activesync I would only see the apps that I installed via activesync. But now I see all apps that I have installed, including the cab files that I installed from my phone.
3rd February 2008, 10:45 PM |#10  
Flag Toronto

More
You know, i find activesync to be tempermental like that... sometimes it shows you EVERYTHING, and other times... almost nothing at all.
3rd February 2008, 11:27 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I have the same problem for the Bell rom... i think that has to deal with the security registry settings...
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread