PLAzmA's Sliding Sound Pack for HTC Wizard

Search This thread

plazma247

Jun 17, 2007
** UPDATED **

PLAzmA's Sliding Sound Pack for Wizard and windows mobile phones with slide out keyboards

*Note: only use the NUMBERED CAB files to install if you are using a TYTN II Phone or if you have the standard HTC Sliding sound system built into your rom. If however on phones like the HTC Wizard where no sliding sound is currently present, install the SlidingSound.cab file, and then launch the program and assign the files manually. The Numbered CAB files will not work for the older phone method.

List Of WAV FILES USED:

0 : Wind Chimes
1 : Piano
2 : Xylophone
3 : Futurama Bender
4 : Might Boosh
5 : Startrek TOS
6 : Dalek
7 : Cash Register
8 : Electricity
9 : Electric Motor
10: Hal 2001
11: POP

METHOD 1: TO INSTALL NEW HTC PHONES LIKE KAISER BY CAB FILES:

This is really easy pick one of the numbered install files from "Kaiser - Modern Phones CAB Install Files.rar", you can either install the complete pack or just one of the sounds, however as it must have a constant number sequence in the registry, its programmed to replace the 3 base sounds in every pack. This is to ensure that the pack works correctly despite possible older mods. This means if you remove a pack it will also take the 3 base sounds with it, however at any time you want to go back run the htc base sounds pack, make sure you first uninstall the previous pack completely and the run the base pack install cab.

*Note: above numbered cab method only for newer phones with htc slide service like the kaiser, DONOT install onto older phones like wizard as this will not work see the next method.

METHOD 2: TO INSTALL BY ADD ON SLIDINGSOUND.CAB METHOD TO OLDER PHONES:

Install cab file and run sliding sound program, turn on slide detect service and assign wav files manually, refer to the list above for the appropriate numbers, there are two files to select from a simple "SlideSound.cab" file which just has a basic pop noise, additional sounds will need to be install manually, or to install the program and sounds all in one go, install the "SlideSound - All Sounds.cab"

*Note: above cab method is only for phones without the htc sliding sounds program built into your rom and only required on older phones like the herms, wizard etc..

R°CK ON ;) PLAzmA 2009

Download is at :
http://rapidshare.com/files/93019505/PLAzmAs_Sliding_Sound_pack_for_Windows_Mobile_V2.rar.html

Mirror at :

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HMWH2FKW

Last edited:

jlopez0978

Aug 17, 2007
San Juan
about: sliding sound

Thanks, work perfect in my wizard.

good work, i will try this cab in my Hermes and report later.

plazma247

Jun 17, 2007
Your own Wav Files

Yeah sure, just create in the same format, alternativly you can post links (wav) files here and i will try and add them to the pack when/if i have time.

Gorbash

Mar 4, 2008
I've tried both .cab files on my 8125 with no luck.

The program installs just fine, and I can change the sounds. But no sound plays. The volume is up to max, and other sounds play just fine.

Any ideas?

Gorbash

Mar 4, 2008
I've got the program to now play sounds and function since I realised that it was for WM 6. I've since upgraded my Wizard to the Slim 6.1.

I'm getting a 4 second delay in the playing of the sounds when I open and close the slide. I've tried using other sounds from various folders with the same result.

ndn715

Nov 7, 2006
Seattle
i appreciate this kind of effort put into a feature that shouldn't be on this phone, but...

_why_ would you _ever_ want to make your phone make a sound when you slide it open? to each his own, but i honestly don't get it... don't know why its in the wing either. i don't understand why people would want their menus to make a pop sound as well, or their windows machines make sounds (the defaults that no one ever turns off)...

im really not trying to hate on it, im just curious what the rationale is for those that like the feature? is it just more desirable to have a phone make sounds?

cushcalc

To sound, or not to sound

i appreciate this kind of effort put into a feature that shouldn't be on this phone, but...

_why_ would you _ever_ want to make your phone make a sound when you slide it open? to each his own, but i honestly don't get it... don't know why its in the wing either. i don't understand why people would want their menus to make a pop sound as well, or their windows machines make sounds (the defaults that no one ever turns off)...

im really not trying to hate on it, im just curious what the rationale is for those that like the feature? is it just more desirable to have a phone make sounds?

Coming from a Wizard to the Tilt, personally it bugged me not to have some audible feedback when I accessed the menu, so I added that in. I can understand why one might like silence, too, but I like a small sound.

As for keyboard sliding sounds, it's just a fun thing - sometimes I turn it off, sometimes I set it up for SciFi or LightSabre to show off my geekiness to friends and family.

plazma247

Jun 17, 2007
Should Be able to

well i have k-jam having wm6.1 rom,cid unlocked.
never ever had sliding sounds.
can i use this file

I belive so, some users have reported it working with the wizard (kjam) however last time i tried it on a wm6 rom it didnt work, although users with 6.1 have reported it working... let me know how you get on.

dhawal4u

May 25, 2007
www.dhawal4u.cjb.net
I belive so, some users have reported it working with the wizard (kjam) however last time i tried it on a wm6 rom it didnt work, although users with 6.1 have reported it working... let me know how you get on.

well its working well.
nice to see that.

but

i feel that phone have become sluggish.
it may not be becoz of this but may be.
this is so that i have manilla 2d installed.
so fingers crossed:D

plazma247

Jun 17, 2007
manilla 2d

heheh, thats going to hog the phones resources like a fat lady and a box of chocolates dude... once you got board with manilla 2d i suggest you take it off to see the diffirence and get some runtime back :)