[OFFICIAL][NIGHTLY]AICP 13.1[8.1][OnePlus3/3T]

Search This thread

DarkExistence

May 8, 2015
Cork

logo_black.png

AICP
Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community you can find!!!

Until Lollipop, the Rom has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM when it comes to hardware, drivers and some features.
With the re-brand of CM to LineageOS (LAOS) we are now actually LAOS based with some tweaks from AOSP.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them out or the LAOS team will if it concerns their code base. This rom isn't LAOS supported, so no need to report errors/bugs to them!!

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
 */

features.png

Feature list (rough Overview)

credits.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:

LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
@maxwen and the rest of the OmniRom team
DU team
SlimRoms team
Resurrection Remix team
Community

team.png

@LorD ClockaN
@zipsnet
@eyosen
@semdoc
@Drgravy
@Hashbang173
@SpiritCroc
@wartomato
@eboye
plus the rest of the crazy bunch that we call "team"

donations.png

We are paying for servers that build nightlies/weeklies and everything that comes with it, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
Thank you!!

downloads.png

Latest Stable Release Version 13.0

Download link: http://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/?device=oneplus3
Coming from Stock requires a data format Ensure you are using the correct firmware.

changelog.png

Full Changelog link: http://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/

issues.png

General Oreo bugs.
You tell... :p

FAQ:]​
Before using the ROM:
Q. Can I have an ETA for the next build?
A. Yes, just look in the OP to see, if your device is build on a nightly or weekly schedule.

Q. Does this ROM support custom kernels?
A. No. You can still use them (as long as they are LOS based), but discussion should go in the thread of the respective kernel. We don't offer support for bugs you might encounter using them!

Q. Why doesn't this ROM support Xposed?
A. Xposed is a hack that is geared towards AOSP, custom ROM's modify the framework a lot, so Xposed can cause a ton of issues on custom ROM's. Now it might work for you, however it is not to be discussed in this thread, and you should refrain from posting bug reports.

Q. Alright, but I still want to flash Xposed, so which version do I need to install?
A. Xposed is not yet available for Oreo.

Flashing the ROM:
Q. What do I need to know before flashing?
A. Check the install instructions in the first post...

Q. Can the builds be dirty flashed over each other?
A. Yes, however make a nandroid first as there is a chance of getting a bootloop or encountering bugs. Also bugs may only be reported on a clean flash.

Q. How do I dirty flash builds?
A. Wipe the System, Cache and ART/Dalvik cache. Flash the ROM, Gapps (only needed if you wipe the system), your preferred root solution and reboot. Or you might just use the OTA app to preform that task for you.

Q. How do I flash kernel builds?
A1. If it's a .img file boot into TWRP and go to the install page in TWRP, in the bottom right corner select "install image", select the desired kernel, then select "boot", then swipe to flash, then go back to the install screen and install your root method again if you don't want to loose root, and then reboot.
A2. if it's a flashable ZIP You can flash it together with a ROM update or separately. Go to the install page in TWRP, choose the kernel zip (or add it to the flash queue right after the ROM zip). Then add your root method to the queue if you don't want to loose root. Now swipe to flash, and then reboot.

Using the ROM:
Q I installed a bad theme and now I'm getting a bootloop, how do I fix it?
A In TWRP, flash the substratum rescue zip in the substratum folder on the internal storage.

Q I keep losing root with Magisk, how do I fix it?
A Check this out, if that doesn't work for you ask for help in this thread, read or ask in the Magisk thread on XDA or just flash Magisk again!

Q I'm having issues with WhatsApp, how do I fix it?
A Read this

Q. Do I need to provide a logcat if I'm reporting a bug?
A. If you want it to be fixed faster (or at all) then yes, you should definitely provide a logcat. (Note: Please just link the logcat from your GDrive, Dropbox, etc. and do not post the content here. Thanks.

Q. How do I get a logcat, what type should I get and more questions that can conveniently be answered by my pre-determined answer?
A1. Read this thoroughly. Also, here's a good app for getting logs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog
A2. If you are already rooted, you can use the built-in feature to make a logcat and provide that. Just look into the root section in the AICP Extras menu.

instructions.png

The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android Oreo. You don't need to install any Add-on's, simply download the latest ROM, GApps, flash it and go!
If you want the device to run the ROM "rooted", you can flash a root solution of your choice after the ROM Zipfile.

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing, and if possible avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug.
If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash:

(Again: Don't do it if you don't know it!)

1. Download the ROM and GApps and transfer them to your device
2. Boot to recovery (TWRP recommended)
3. Wipe system, Cache, data and ART/Dalvik cache/Format Data
4. Flash ROM Zipfile
5. Flash/Install GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work)
6. Flash/Install the root solution of choice (optional)
7. Reboot to system

The ROM has GApps persistence in between dirty flashes, so you only have to flash them once!
The root solution should be flashed together with every OTA update (= ROM Update)!

Supported Root Solutions:

Magisk v14.0

PREREQUISITE FOR OTA:
To be able to flash using the buildin OTA app that needs TWRP recovery installed to work.
You can still use LAOS recovery and OTA app, but you will need to download the zip file and flash it manually from within your recovery. Zip gets saved in the "AICP_ota" folder on your internal storage.
Please be sure that you are on the latest TWRP recovery.
If you want to contribute to the AICP or wanna see what is being worked on/merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit review system. (Link is at the bottom!!!)

sources.png

Kernel source:
https://github.com/GZR-Kernels/kernel_oneplus_msm8996

ROM & Additional links:
Gerrit Code Review
Github

IceColdJelly AICP G+ community

Contributors
@DarkExistence
@akhilnarang
@MSF Jarvis
@martinusbe

And everybody else who contributed to the tree!

You want to see a normal night at the "DEV office", click here!!

Last edited:

CotoZ

Jan 23, 2014
Firmware 3/T is included as far as I can see in the installation instructions? Thanks!

partridge79

May 25, 2015
Gardner
Currently encrypted (running Validus Oreo) can i just flash or will i have to format data etc. Asking as there were issues previously with encrypted devices (and would like to retain my personal data i.e SD, no PC at present?

DarkExistence

May 8, 2015
Cork
Yes I think, but "
There is currently no scheduled build for OnePlus 3/3T. For now, when I make a new build I will comment below and let you guys know!" For me is not clear it's included the firmware... Thanks for your reply

no scheduled build, so it isnt a set date for the build as we dont have the AICP servers building Oreo for CAF devices yet, only for Nexus devices. CAF auto weekly builds coming soon. I'll try release a build every saturday till then.

CotoZ

Jan 23, 2014
no scheduled build, so it isnt a set date for the build as we dont have the AICP servers building Oreo for CAF devices yet, only for Nexus devices. CAF auto weekly builds coming soon. I'll try release a build every saturday till then.
Ok sir I have a very bad english, the firmware for 3/T is included right? Thanks!

kenboyles72

Dec 29, 2010
Ok sir I have a very bad english, the firmware for 3/T is included right? Thanks!

From the OP:
There is currently no scheduled build for OnePlus 3/3T. For now, when I make a new build I will comment below and let you guys know!
Coming from Stock requires a data format Ensure you are using the correct firmware.

By that, I would take it as needing to flash the correct firmware first.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

logo_black.png

AICP
    Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community you can find!!!

Until Lollipop, the Rom has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM when it comes to hardware, drivers and some features.
    With the re-brand of CM to LineageOS (LAOS) we are now actually LAOS based with some tweaks from AOSP.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them out or the LAOS team will if it concerns their code base. This rom isn't LAOS supported, so no need to report errors/bugs to them!!

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
     */

features.png

Feature list (rough Overview)

credits.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:

LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
    @maxwen and the rest of the OmniRom team
    DU team
    SlimRoms team
    Resurrection Remix team
    Community

team.png

@LorD ClockaN
    @zipsnet
    @eyosen
    @semdoc
    @Drgravy
    @Hashbang173
    @SpiritCroc
    @wartomato
    @eboye
    plus the rest of the crazy bunch that we call "team"

donations.png

We are paying for servers that build nightlies/weeklies and everything that comes with it, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
    Thank you!!

downloads.png

Latest Stable Release Version 13.0

Download link: http://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/?device=oneplus3

changelog.png

Full Changelog link: http://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/

issues.png

General Oreo bugs.
    You tell... :p

FAQ:]​
    Before using the ROM:
    Q. Can I have an ETA for the next build?
    A. Yes, just look in the OP to see, if your device is build on a nightly or weekly schedule.

Q. Does this ROM support custom kernels?
    A. No. You can still use them (as long as they are LOS based), but discussion should go in the thread of the respective kernel. We don't offer support for bugs you might encounter using them!

Q. Why doesn't this ROM support Xposed?
    A. Xposed is a hack that is geared towards AOSP, custom ROM's modify the framework a lot, so Xposed can cause a ton of issues on custom ROM's. Now it might work for you, however it is not to be discussed in this thread, and you should refrain from posting bug reports.

Q. Alright, but I still want to flash Xposed, so which version do I need to install?
    A. Xposed is not yet available for Oreo.

Flashing the ROM:
    Q. What do I need to know before flashing?
    A. Check the install instructions in the first post...

Q. Can the builds be dirty flashed over each other?
    A. Yes, however make a nandroid first as there is a chance of getting a bootloop or encountering bugs. Also bugs may only be reported on a clean flash.

Q. How do I dirty flash builds?
    A. Wipe the System, Cache and ART/Dalvik cache. Flash the ROM, Gapps (only needed if you wipe the system), your preferred root solution and reboot. Or you might just use the OTA app to preform that task for you.

Q. How do I flash kernel builds?
    A1. If it's a .img file boot into TWRP and go to the install page in TWRP, in the bottom right corner select "install image", select the desired kernel, then select "boot", then swipe to flash, then go back to the install screen and install your root method again if you don't want to loose root, and then reboot.
    A2. if it's a flashable ZIP You can flash it together with a ROM update or separately. Go to the install page in TWRP, choose the kernel zip (or add it to the flash queue right after the ROM zip). Then add your root method to the queue if you don't want to loose root. Now swipe to flash, and then reboot.

Using the ROM:
    Q I installed a bad theme and now I'm getting a bootloop, how do I fix it?
    A In TWRP, flash the substratum rescue zip in the substratum folder on the internal storage.

Q I keep losing root with Magisk, how do I fix it?
    A Check this out, if that doesn't work for you ask for help in this thread, read or ask in the Magisk thread on XDA or just flash Magisk again!

Q I'm having issues with WhatsApp, how do I fix it?
    A Read this

Q. Do I need to provide a logcat if I'm reporting a bug?
    A. If you want it to be fixed faster (or at all) then yes, you should definitely provide a logcat. (Note: Please just link the logcat from your GDrive, Dropbox, etc. and do not post the content here. Thanks.

Q. How do I get a logcat, what type should I get and more questions that can conveniently be answered by my pre-determined answer?
    A1. Read this thoroughly. Also, here's a good app for getting logs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog
    A2. If you are already rooted, you can use the built-in feature to make a logcat and provide that. Just look into the root section in the AICP Extras menu.

instructions.png

The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android Oreo. You don't need to install any Add-on's, simply download the latest ROM, GApps, flash it and go!
    If you want the device to run the ROM "rooted", you can flash a root solution of your choice after the ROM Zipfile.

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing, and if possible avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug.
    If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash:

(Again: Don't do it if you don't know it!)

1. Download the ROM and GApps and transfer them to your device
    2. Boot to recovery (TWRP recommended)
    3. Wipe system, Cache, data and ART/Dalvik cache/Format Data
    4. Flash ROM Zipfile
    5. Flash/Install GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work)
    6. Flash/Install the root solution of choice (optional)
    7. Reboot to system

The ROM has GApps persistence in between dirty flashes, so you only have to flash them once!
    The root solution should be flashed together with every OTA update (= ROM Update)!

Supported Root Solutions:

Magisk v14.0

PREREQUISITE FOR OTA:
    To be able to flash using the buildin OTA app that needs TWRP recovery installed to work.
    You can still use LAOS recovery and OTA app, but you will need to download the zip file and flash it manually from within your recovery. Zip gets saved in the "AICP_ota" folder on your internal storage.
    Please be sure that you are on the latest TWRP recovery.
    If you want to contribute to the AICP or wanna see what is being worked on/merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit review system. (Link is at the bottom!!!)

sources.png

Kernel source:
    https://github.com/GZR-Kernels/kernel_oneplus_msm8996

ROM & Additional links:
    Gerrit Code Review
    Github

IceColdJelly AICP G+ community

Contributors
    @DarkExistence
    @akhilnarang
    @MSF Jarvis
    @martinusbe

And everybody else who contributed to the tree!

You want to see a normal night at the "DEV office", click here!!
    Sorry for the lack of builds, but attention has switched to 8.1 Oreo and hence no updates for 8.0, so no need for more builds. Been trying to get 8.1 booting but running into a few problems which will hopefully fix, so far not booted though. Will keep you guys updated!
    Well folks, go ahead and install this beautiful rom! Download link is in the OP as usual, report to me immediality if you see anything serious not working please. BT, Camera, NFC, sound all working fine for me.

As always, this is the first working AICP 13.1 build for this device, and as such I have kept the previous 13.0 build up for download just incase.

This requires a clean flash to upgrade regardless of if you are coming from Nougat or Oreo 8.0!

Thanks for your patience, hopefully it was worth it!

Dark
    And we have our first booting 8.1 build, after at least 60 build attempts, at long last! Please do not yet install this build, I have a lot of testing to do on it and I need to change a few things, I will keep you updated!
    New build is up and available so go and get it! :)

Build includes a lot of ROM side changes under the hood,
    Kernel updates
    Added option for Always On Display (battery - ambient display - always on.. its on by default!)
    updated GPS
    And some other boring stuff you can find in the AICP Extras - Changelog section (which shows ALL the changes!)

(If you wish to use software keys, go into AICP Extras, navigation bar, allow navigation bar!)