FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Alpha]Gesture Launcher Version 0.1.0 Alpha(3October2009)

1,253 posts
Thanks Meter: 22

Post Reply Email Thread
Gesture Launcher 0.1.0 Alpha

POLL: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=496135

If you like, you can test the preview and give me your Opinion

This Should work on any Touchscreen Device with netcf2
but i just tested it on my Kaiser

Edit the config file (cfg/gestures.cfg) like you want!
the dire7th March 2008 23:37 - added config and launcher!ctions of the gestures are like on the numpad:
Code:
7-8-9
4---6
1-2-3

Exit: Draw an "X", but it must be in one line and closed at the Top or Bottom
About: Left, Right, Left
Calculator: Draw a "C"

!!!!!
BIG Thanks to the author of this thread!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=374375
!!!!!

DOWNLOAD
http://www.scilor.com/gesturelauncher.html

7th March 2008 21:40 - Should now work on every Screen Resolution
7th March 2008 23:37 - added config and launcher!
8th March 2008 11:17 - added editable pictures (skin), exit Button, little change in gesture recognition
8th March 2008 22:25 - added Recording Icon and changed gestures.cfg to decrease memory,cpu use
3th October 2009 23:51 - Update to .net cf 3.5

7th March 2008, 08:29 PM |#2  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Before I even check it out just a big thanks for taking it on.
7th March 2008, 08:34 PM |#3  
Flag NYC

More
I can see that it's reading. Will this be a transparent overlay?
7th March 2008, 08:35 PM |#4  

More
cant wait to see the finishes product, since i joined xda, everyone who has a touch and sees it says ay howd u get your phone to do all that
7th March 2008, 08:36 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag @scilor.com

Donate to Me
More
Yes that it is ^^, Its just showing the Debug Data, (320x240)
What a Device are you using JDSX?
7th March 2008, 08:40 PM |#6  
Flag NYC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scilor

Yes that it is ^^, Its just showing the Debug Data, (320x240)
What a Device are you using JDSX?

I use the Tilt.
7th March 2008, 08:41 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag @scilor.com

Donate to Me
More
I reuploaded it, now there shouldnt be Scroll Bars Anymore
7th March 2008, 08:44 PM |#8  
Flag NYC

More
Just so I'm clear, what kind of help are you asking for at this stage? I can help test the product but I haven't done any mobile development.
7th March 2008, 08:47 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag @scilor.com

Donate to Me
More
If you haven't done developement just Keep trying it and report bugs! If you have special wishes or ideas for the GUI you are welcome

Im just programming the Launcher Part
7th March 2008, 08:52 PM |#10  
Flag NYC

More
All I'm after is an app that uses motion for unlocking. In the purest form it can be like the iPhone unlocker where there's a bar to slide but, unlike S2SU, the bar should be positionable and it shouldn't write over anything else on the screen. That means if you have something like SpB Mobile Shell, when your phone is locked it shows the Now screen. I would want to see the Now screen still. Here's a mockup:

More advanced features can be things like custom-defined motions for unlocking including no visual hints which in effect will function like a password. As for functionality outside of unlocking...it doesn't really interest me because so many other applications already do that. Is there something you need tested now? When I ran it, it didn't seem like it was at that stage yet.
7th March 2008, 08:57 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDSX

All I'm after is an app that uses motion for unlocking. In the purest form it can be like the iPhone unlocker where there's a bar to slide but, unlike S2SU, the bar should be positionable and it shouldn't write over anything else on the screen. That means if you have something like SpB Mobile Shell, when your phone is locked it shows the Now screen. I would want to see the Now screen still. Here's a mockup:

More advanced features can be things like custom-defined motions for unlocking including no visual hints which in effect will function like a password. As for functionality outside of unlocking...it doesn't really interest me because so many other applications already do that. Is there something you need tested now? When I ran it, it didn't seem like it was at that stage yet.

IMHO, "Invisible Lock Screen" and "Gesture to Unlock" are 2 distinct challenges. I agree it would be cool to combine the 2. But you may need to prioritize those 2 efforts.

My personal opinion would be to implement a small, very efficient gesture recognition module that generates an event based on the a successful gesture match. It would be like "Gesture 2 Action". Then others like A_C could perhaps integrate or make it an option for S2U2. With G2A, then again, it could be used to do anything - launch an app, set an alarm, disable bluetooth, etc...

The invisible lock screen would be nice also, but I think it presents entirely different challenges.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gesture, launcher, open, scilor, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)